Capital One Auto Finance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Funding Analyst Interview

Funding Analyst
Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital One Auto Finance in January 2012.

Interview Details – I found out about the job through a referral. The online application was lengthy and definitely not something you should take a break from. I discovered later if one stops in the middle of the online application it will automatically decline your app... Good thing I finished mine in one go. Recruiters are used, even for permanent employees, and while they are polite and helpful once you speak with them, they aren't always known for providing a speedy experience. Took mw about two months to receive a call from a recruiter and schedule an interview when I was informed all of Funding was doing heavy hiring. Once my interview date was set it was a pretty seamless process. The hiring manager who interviewed me was was professional, but not cold, and I could certainly tell he had a great deal of pride in the company he was currently working for. The interview questions were behavioral based, just like the online application, so I felt prepared. As far as interviews go, it was an enjoyable experience and i left feeling fairly confident I had the job. Which was confirmed in the call i received from my recruiter congratulating me on my success. Between the phone and the face-to-face, I had 2 interviews. And once I got to the face-to-face it was pretty smooth from there.

Interview Question – The questions from the recruiter and during the F2F were very similar to the online assessment and the recruiter advised me it would be a behavioral based interview and suggested I perform a Google search on the best way to answer those types of questions. I have a bit of experience with this type of interview questions, so nothing was too shocking. The hardest question for most is usually turning a negative customer service experience into a positive and providing an answer that will leave a positive impression with the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because the offer was what I desired, in retrospect I wish I had asked for me because I strongly believe I would have obtained it.

Worked for Capital One Auto Finance? Contribute to the Community!