Capital One Auto Finance

Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.4

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Capital One Auto Finance in November 2014.

I received an email asking if I would be willing to do a case interview over the phone. The interview was on Tuesday and lasted about 45 minutes, with the first 30 minutes consisting of the case, and the last 15 for me to ask questions. The day after my interview I received a phone call saying I had passed the initial screening and they invited me to the final round of interviews in Dallas that Friday. The next day they flew me out to Dallas and put me up in a nice hotel for the night. The Interview day consisted of 3 separate one-hour interviews. One was behavioral while the other two were case interviews. These case interviews were about credit cards and life insurance.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult case interview was one about credit cards comparing two different types of users. I was asked to figure out the per-person profit for each kind of user and then was asked to make a decision as to which I should market towards and how.   Answer Question

Auto Loan Funding Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One Auto Finance.

I first visited the company's website as an employee referral. I was given a requistion number and applied directly for that position. There was an online application first, then a few different online assessments that I had to complete. Once those were reviewd and assessed I received an emailed requesting a phone interview. Then the phone interview took place and I received a call in regards to an on site interview. The onsite interview was conducted by two managers, seperately, The entire process was lengthy and at times I was unsure if I should be waiting for another step or looking for another position within another company. I would have preferred a bit more communication from the hiring dept as far as what to expect next and what a reasonable time frame to expect that next step would be. Overall, it was a good experience and I was happy with the end result!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to make chages to a plan/schedule, how you did so, and what was the end result.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation in my offer, which is one thing I was and am not happy with in the experience

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One Auto Finance.

Interview Process is simple: 1 - Online test (Java skills) 2- Technical Screen (Phone) 3- Power Day

Face to face- Consisted of 4 (1 hour) rounds . So 2 behavioral and 2 Job Fit. For developers roles there wont be much on data analysis and frankly all they ask is from your resume and what work you have done

Interview Questions
    • What exact projects you worked, details of a project , interfaces, technology you used, why this and not that technology, What all tools you know   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The interview process is very simple. You will have 3 interviews with different managers to showcase your skills and previous experience. The turnaround time is very quick and you should know with the next few days if an offer is available.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions are very straightforward. Be able to describle previous experiences/situations in previous positions and how you handled them/learned from the experience,   Answer Question

Funding Analyst/Dealer Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Capital One Auto Finance in May 2013.

I applied for the position and took awhile to hear back but received the call for the interview. I interviewed with the Supervisor over all Unit Managers and also with a Unit Manager as well. It was a two part interview that first just needed to verify my knowledge in the funding department as well as typing test. It didn't take long for them to offer me the position and is when I learned that Finance is the career choice I want my path to continue down.

Interview Questions
    • As being in Management, I knew what kind of questions to expect but trying to decide the best experience where I had to deal with an irate customer was difficult to choose the best example for customer service was an extraordinary of mine.   View Answer
    I would tell others' trying to get onto to Capital One that the job is absolutely great but not for everyone. Make sure to negotiate compensation as well.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One Auto Finance in February 2013.

I had a phone interview which consisted of a 20 minute case interview. Afterwards I was invited to their Plano, TX campus. There I had an additional 2 case interviews and a behavioral interview. The entire process took about 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to follow your opinion.   Answer Question

Customer Associate- Loan Origination Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One Auto Finance in May 2012.

Called by a recruiter who did a phone interview. Asked me what I knew about Capital One. A time I had dealt with an irate customer. Why I left my last job. She scheduled me for a 1:1 interview. First you have a behavioral question interview. My 3 questions were: Describe a time you provided excellent customer service; Describe a time you dealt with a demanding customer; and, Describe a time a customer made a suggestion that caused you to implement something (can't remember exact wording).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a good customer service experience   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt with a demanding customer   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a customer told you something that you should implement.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One Auto Finance in March 2012.

first round-campus interview, they had a workshop about case interview the day before, very helpful
    second round-online test, which include personality, math and reading skills
    HR person is very helpful, email back quickly and provide several interview tips include a book "case in point"
    third round-2 case interview and 1 behavior interview, they pay the hotel and airline ticket. hold a reception in the hotel the night before interview, just send several yound employees came to chat and answer your questions. on the interview day, my behavior interviewer arrived late so we only talked about 20 minutes. then my 1st case interviewer was very nice but I screwed up cause forgot an important factor, 2nd case interviewer was an indian with bad accent, face to the door not me (seems he wanted to escape or something), and he was playing his cellphone all the time. We took a break and had lunch with them, didn't have a campus tour cause the bad weather. Overall is good, got experience even though without offer.

Quality Assurance Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One Auto Finance in January 2012.

Took the verbal and Numeric tests online. It was timed tests and not that difficult. There was job fit interview and after 2 weeks, was flown to Plano, TX. There were 2 case interviews and 1 behavioural interview for lead position. The case interviews were related to Break Even, and Profitability of a Process in the company. Break even case was good, Profitability case - cracked in 15 mins.... The interview process seemed as if it is a stereotype process and little bit tiresome for out of city candidates. It didn't seem as a tailored for someone who is 10-15 yrs of Industry experience and fit to do the job. They seem to have a standard set of process. Was not asked for any questions related to the position applied.

Funding Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One Auto Finance in January 2012.

I found out about the job through a referral. The online application was lengthy and definitely not something you should take a break from. I discovered later if one stops in the middle of the online application it will automatically decline your app... Good thing I finished mine in one go. Recruiters are used, even for permanent employees, and while they are polite and helpful once you speak with them, they aren't always known for providing a speedy experience. Took mw about two months to receive a call from a recruiter and schedule an interview when I was informed all of Funding was doing heavy hiring. Once my interview date was set it was a pretty seamless process. The hiring manager who interviewed me was was professional, but not cold, and I could certainly tell he had a great deal of pride in the company he was currently working for. The interview questions were behavioral based, just like the online application, so I felt prepared. As far as interviews go, it was an enjoyable experience and i left feeling fairly confident I had the job. Which was confirmed in the call i received from my recruiter congratulating me on my success. Between the phone and the face-to-face, I had 2 interviews. And once I got to the face-to-face it was pretty smooth from there.

Interview Questions
    • The questions from the recruiter and during the F2F were very similar to the online assessment and the recruiter advised me it would be a behavioral based interview and suggested I perform a Google search on the best way to answer those types of questions. I have a bit of experience with this type of interview questions, so nothing was too shocking. The hardest question for most is usually turning a negative customer service experience into a positive and providing an answer that will leave a positive impression with the interviewer.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because the offer was what I desired, in retrospect I wish I had asked for me because I strongly believe I would have obtained it.