Capital One Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

Phone interview then face to face...very general questions. I was told at end of interview that I had the job. Phone interviewer was very nice and helpful. One on one was very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to escalate a situation with a customer to management   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Laurel, MD).

Interview

First, they do a virtual interview where they ask you questions and you record your answers on the video. This is a one-way interview, so no one is on the other side so you can do it anywhere you can. Then after this you wait for a response from HR and they let you know that they sent the video to the hiring managers. If they like what they see, then they will call you to schedule the in person interview. Then they call you if you have the job, they called me the same day of my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Beaumont, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. About 3 weeks later I was sent an email to complete an online interview with either my smart phone or my computer with a web cam. After I finished that interview I contacted the bank manager just letting her know that I was done with the interview and she emailed my results to the hiring manager. I was contacted the following Monday to secluded an off site interview. I went to the interview the next day and answered some pretty basic questions, the interview was no more than 30 mins. The next day I got the call saying I got the job! I go to training next month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The entire process took about a month BE PATIENT GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

First an interview with a recruiter for capital one on the phone followed by two or three in person banking center interviews with assistant manager, manager and occasionally district manager . Most of the questions were behavioral questions and questions regarding sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

Number of interviews=3
    First interview in phone with recruiter.
    Second interview with two bank managers.
    Third interview with another bank manager.
    Then you have on boarding where you are introduced to all the capital one philosophy and ideas. CapitalOne history and accomplishments are emphasized. It is actually a lot of fun. I had to go to their headquarters in Maclean Virginia.
    This was followed by almost a month of training and mentor ship at different bank branches.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you have to explain a complex concept to a customer.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you have to deal with an angry customer.what happened? What did you do? And what was the customers reaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I send my application on line and after couple weeks they called me for a phone interview, it was easy/what is capital one known for? and some behavioral questions,she was very nice and then after couple days she called and schedule a face to face an interview with two branch manager (very nice people) one hour interview with both of them and the same day called me that I got the job.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in January 2014.

Interview

got a phone call from recruiter ask some basic questions then 1:1 interview with the branch manager. overall the process is very easy and fast. got the offer on the same day after the interview

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One in September 2013.

Interview

Fill out online application , get invited to do a test, after you will get a recruiters call who will give you a phone interview and if you pass that interview you will invited to one of the branches to get interview by two managers if everything goes great .. will get a job offer !!!

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything difficult if you really review that company   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fair Lawn, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One (Fair Lawn, NJ) in June 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted via email and scheduled for a phone interview. During my phone interview, I was as basic questions, such as why I wanted to join Capital One and if I am qualified to do the job. The interviewer was very kind and professional throughout the interview. At the end of the phone interview, I was told that I would be notified by email if they wanted to see me for an in-person interview. A week later, I was denied the position.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Had several calls with HR prepping for the initial interviewing.. Interviewing process started off with meeting one of the branch managers just for a one on one to get a feel of who you were and your experience. The next step was to meet two of the branch managers from the surrounding area you had applied for, not necessarily the branch that you put the application in. Pretty much asked the same questions the first manager asked and then sent you on your way. Got a phone call from HR with results.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard with most companies but the question was what was my biggest strength and weaknesses. Its only difficult since obviously you want to sound competent and assured of yourself yet you don't want to sound too full of yourself at the same time.   Answer Question