Capital One Bank Teller Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marrero, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Marrero, LA).

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. The very first interview was held with the HR Recruiter. He was very nice and straightforward with my background. The second interview was with the branch manager. It was an overall decent and comfortable experience. They asked very basic questions and provided specifics about the job responsibilites.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous cash handling experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was okay. Dont take the first offer. Always make a counter offer even if they do not accept it

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

Phone interview then face to face...very general questions. I was told at end of interview that I had the job. Phone interviewer was very nice and helpful. One on one was very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to escalate a situation with a customer to management   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Laurel, MD).

Interview

First, they do a virtual interview where they ask you questions and you record your answers on the video. This is a one-way interview, so no one is on the other side so you can do it anywhere you can. Then after this you wait for a response from HR and they let you know that they sent the video to the hiring managers. If they like what they see, then they will call you to schedule the in person interview. Then they call you if you have the job, they called me the same day of my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Beaumont, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. About 3 weeks later I was sent an email to complete an online interview with either my smart phone or my computer with a web cam. After I finished that interview I contacted the bank manager just letting her know that I was done with the interview and she emailed my results to the hiring manager. I was contacted the following Monday to secluded an off site interview. I went to the interview the next day and answered some pretty basic questions, the interview was no more than 30 mins. The next day I got the call saying I got the job! I go to training next month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The entire process took about a month BE PATIENT GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

First an interview with a recruiter for capital one on the phone followed by two or three in person banking center interviews with assistant manager, manager and occasionally district manager . Most of the questions were behavioral questions and questions regarding sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capital One (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

I was first interviewed via phone by the recruiter. I received the call in weeks after applying online. Then she set up an appointment to meet with a branch manager who interviewed me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

Number of interviews=3 First interview in phone with recruiter. Second interview with two bank managers. Third interview with another bank manager. Then you have on boarding where you are introduced to all the capital one philosophy and ideas. CapitalOne history and accomplishments are emphasized. It is actually a lot of fun. I had to go to their headquarters in Maclean Virginia. This was followed by almost a month of training and mentor ship at different bank branches.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you have to explain a complex concept to a customer.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you have to deal with an angry customer.what happened? What did you do? And what was the customers reaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I send my application on line and after couple weeks they called me for a phone interview, it was easy/what is capital one known for? and some behavioral questions,she was very nice and then after couple days she called and schedule a face to face an interview with two branch manager (very nice people) one hour interview with both of them and the same day called me that I got the job.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in January 2014.

Interview

got a phone call from recruiter ask some basic questions then 1:1 interview with the branch manager. overall the process is very easy and fast. got the offer on the same day after the interview

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One in September 2013.

Interview

Fill out online application , get invited to do a test, after you will get a recruiters call who will give you a phone interview and if you pass that interview you will invited to one of the branches to get interview by two managers if everything goes great .. will get a job offer !!!

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything difficult if you really review that company   Answer Question