Capital One

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bank Teller

I applied online and interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – I send my application on line and after couple weeks they called me for a phone interview, it was easy/what is capital one known for? and some behavioral questions,she was very nice and then after couple days she called and schedule a face to face an interview with two branch manager (very nice people) one hour interview with both of them and the same day called me that I got the job.

Interview Question – If your buss doing something wrong how do you react?   Answer Question

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in April 2013.

Interview Details – Had several calls with HR prepping for the initial interviewing.. Interviewing process started off with meeting one of the branch managers just for a one on one to get a feel of who you were and your experience. The next step was to meet two of the branch managers from the surrounding area you had applied for, not necessarily the branch that you put the application in. Pretty much asked the same questions the first manager asked and then sent you on your way. Got a phone call from HR with results.

Interview Question – Pretty standard with most companies but the question was what was my biggest strength and weaknesses. Its only difficult since obviously you want to sound competent and assured of yourself yet you don't want to sound too full of yourself at the same time.   Answer Question

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One in September 2013.

Interview Details – Fill out online application , get invited to do a test, after you will get a recruiters call who will give you a phone interview and if you pass that interview you will invited to one of the branches to get interview by two managers if everything goes great .. will get a job offer !!!

Interview Question – There wasn't anything difficult if you really review that company   Answer Question

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in May 2012.

Interview Details – You apply, do some online exercises and if that goes well you are contacted by a recruiter who will let you know of all the possible positions available near you. they put your offer into the banks you chose , then you're contacted by the manager and if they deem you a good fit they will offer you the position

Interview Question – most of the question are pretty generic but i would say to relax and try to let you're personality shine a litle   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the teller position of the company's website. I was contacted later by a HR rep who scheduled a phone interview. After the phone screen, I was contacted by them again stating that I should go to the Branch to meet with the Branch Manager. I had an interview on the premises - which lasted about 45 minutes. I received an offer two hours later - which to me was very surprising because I thought I bombed the interview.

Interview Question – Explain to me a product that we offer our customers?   Answer Question

Huntington, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in June 2009.

Interview Details – The initial communication was rather slow, it was the standard walk in & fill out an application. This could have been do to inefficiency or sheer volume of applicants. The interview was very basic, it involved a "teller test", which just tested basic math (arithmetic) and general compliance. The questions themselves were almost entirely behavioral.

Interview Question – What would you do in the situation of a difficult or irate customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2008.

Interview Details – I received an email requesting an interview. They asked the typical interviewing questions (What made you apply with us?, What are you're strengths and weaknesses? Why should we hire you?). It took about a week for me to hear back from the company and when they did call back we discussed starting pay, training schedule, and start day.

Interview Question – They asked the typical interviewing questions.   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in January 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online, and after one month I received a phone call. They scheduled an interview for the following day. Interview questions were about my education and previous work experience. They told me they would call me within one week, but they actually called the very same day and sent me a job offer. That was fast, but but background screening took longer because of the holidays. It was a Christmas time.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and your work experience. Do you have a cash-handling experience?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in September 2010.

Interview Details – I received an automated message stating that the bank wanted to interview me. They asked me what my last three jobs were, if I had sales experience, and I forgot the first question. It might have been something along the lines of tell me about yourself.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in July 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was over the phone with HR personnel. I had interviewed with citi and Boa just before and it went bad so i was determine not to let this one escape me. Typical questions: Why Capital One? A few situational questions and about school and my career goals. Second interview in branch with BM, ABM and other employees who each had a turn to ask me a few questions. Last and final inter was with the Teller Manager who came back from vacation the following week. Standard customer service and sales questions,

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were short 10.50 and when i went to training i heard newly hired employees were getting 14.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!