Capital One

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.4

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bank Teller Interview

First an interview with a recruiter for capital one on the phone followed by two or three in person banking center interviews with assistant manager, manager and occasionally district manager . Most of the questions were behavioral questions and questions regarding sales.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One in April 2014.

Number of interviews=3
    First interview in phone with recruiter.
    Second interview with two bank managers.
    Third interview with another bank manager.
    Then you have on boarding where you are introduced to all the capital one philosophy and ideas. CapitalOne history and accomplishments are emphasized. It is actually a lot of fun. I had to go to their headquarters in Maclean Virginia.
    This was followed by almost a month of training and mentor ship at different bank branches.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you have to explain a complex concept to a customer.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you have to deal with an angry customer.what happened? What did you do? And what was the customers reaction?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One.

I send my application on line and after couple weeks they called me for a phone interview, it was easy/what is capital one known for? and some behavioral questions,she was very nice and then after couple days she called and schedule a face to face an interview with two branch manager (very nice people) one hour interview with both of them and the same day called me that I got the job.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One in September 2013.

Fill out online application , get invited to do a test, after you will get a recruiters call who will give you a phone interview and if you pass that interview you will invited to one of the branches to get interview by two managers if everything goes great .. will get a job offer !!!

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything difficult if you really review that company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in April 2013.

Had several calls with HR prepping for the initial interviewing.. Interviewing process started off with meeting one of the branch managers just for a one on one to get a feel of who you were and your experience. The next step was to meet two of the branch managers from the surrounding area you had applied for, not necessarily the branch that you put the application in. Pretty much asked the same questions the first manager asked and then sent you on your way. Got a phone call from HR with results.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard with most companies but the question was what was my biggest strength and weaknesses. Its only difficult since obviously you want to sound competent and assured of yourself yet you don't want to sound too full of yourself at the same time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in May 2012.

You apply, do some online exercises and if that goes well you are contacted by a recruiter who will let you know of all the possible positions available near you. they put your offer into the banks you chose , then you're contacted by the manager and if they deem you a good fit they will offer you the position

Interview Questions
    • most of the question are pretty generic but i would say to relax and try to let you're personality shine a litle   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One in July 2011.

Filled out application online. Took a series of test. I got a call back withing 3-5 days. Today I actually had the phone interview, Interviewer asked me a series of questions. Why are you interested? What do you know about the company? Why should we choose you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me a time where you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it? Part of being a banker is selling the customer products, how comfortable are you pitching sales and tell me a time where you had to offer a product? Those were all the questions she asked me. I hope that this can be of assistance to you.
    I am praying that I get this Job.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you selling products to customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in October 2010.

I applied for the teller position of the company's website. I was contacted later by a HR rep who scheduled a phone interview. After the phone screen, I was contacted by them again stating that I should go to the Branch to meet with the Branch Manager. I had an interview on the premises - which lasted about 45 minutes. I received an offer two hours later - which to me was very surprising because I thought I bombed the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in September 2010.

I received an automated message stating that the bank wanted to interview me. They asked me what my last three jobs were, if I had sales experience, and I forgot the first question. It might have been something along the lines of tell me about yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in July 2010.

First interview was over the phone with HR personnel. I had interviewed with citi and Boa just before and it went bad so i was determine not to let this one escape me. Typical questions: Why Capital One? A few situational questions and about school and my career goals. Second interview in branch with BM, ABM and other employees who each had a turn to ask me a few questions. Last and final inter was with the Teller Manager who came back from vacation the following week. Standard customer service and sales questions,

Interview Questions
    • Why Capital One?   Answer Question
    • I worked in a department store before so the manager ask me to see her a department store card.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about team and can contribute to a team effort   Answer Question
    Negotiations were short 10.50 and when i went to training i heard newly hired employees were getting 14.