Capital One Business Analyst Intern Interview Questions

3.1

Business Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One in February 2013.

On campus recruiting. First a couple of resume questions which took about 5 minutes, followed by a typical case interview on the topic of toll road...typical profit and cost case...got almost all the answers wrong. It was actually not that hard. Perhaps I was just so nervous that day.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Business Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

First round on campus, second/final round at Capital One Office. First round one case interview, second round was a behavioral interview and also two case interviews, one with an ISP, another about a company that sells contacts/glasses

Business Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capital One in November 2012.

They came to the university for 1 on 1 interviews. There was only one interview, case interview, and the same day they emailed me and told me to take the online accessment (it was basically a shortened version of the SATs). The next day I got an email asking me to go to their headquarters to see the campus and final round of interviews. Final round was 2 case interviews and a behavioral. There's a third case if they need it (they claim its optional but from my experience, everyone who got that third interview got an offer, everyone else didn't) and sent us home. They paid for the entire trip which was nice.

Personally, I somewhat immediately knew I didn't do well on the final round interviews cause I was really nervous and kept on jumping from one topic to another and didn't explain myself very well.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in March 2011.

First round case interview on campus. Then invited to Richmond for second round, which consisted of two cases (~45 min each) and one behavioral. Same interview process as full time prospects. Put us up in a nice hotel, took care of flights, etc. which was definitely a plus. Seemed like good company culture. Three of my interviewers were very cooperative, but the fourth was quite arrogant.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One in March 2011.

First I took a math test, reading test, and work habits test online. Second I had a case interview on campus. That went well. After that, they flew me to the D.C. HQ for more interviewing. They put me up the night before. On the interview day, I had two case interviews and a personality interview. They then asked me to do an extra case interview. I received no offer, even though it seemed to go well.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in April 2010.

After initially applying you have to take a series of behavioral and personality tests. Pretty simple, just don't answer anything to make them think you're bias. Skills test consisted of a verbal and math section. Neither one was too difficult. I'm an economics major so the math wasn't hard to do, the verbal is slightly more ambiguous though. A day after that, I received an invitation to go to Richmond for an interview on April 30th. From what they stated, it will consist of a behavioral interview and 2 case studies. I'll see how this final round of interviews goes...

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to overcome an obstacle to succeed with a group.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Applied through my university career website and was contacted shortly thereafter. First round interview was a case interview about the credit card industry. It shouldn't have been a difficult case, however, I made multiple mental math mistakes the led me to not receive an opportunity to move to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think Capital One markets its credit cards?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

I did an on campus interview for the initial screening and it consisted of a 30 minute case interview. There were some current analysts in the waiting area to answer questions as well. After passing, I received an email and did some online testing that lasted about an hour. I passed and was flown out to Richmond for a series of 3 interviews, 1 behavioral and 2 cases.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the case interview situations were pretty unique to me so be ready for anything   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

There was an on campus case interview which wasn't too hard,. very similar to the practice one on their website. Then they flew/paid for gas for you to go to their office for a "super day" kind of thing. Once there we had to do 3 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview which was the easiest thing ever

Interview Questions
    • all of the questions were straightforward if you are good at math. feel free to ask them how credit cards (or whatever the subject of the question is) actually work and they're happy to explain. as long as you know how to do math once they tell you how the problem is structured you'll do fiine   Answer Question