Capital One

Getting the Interview

212 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview first at school and then had an interview onsite. Campus interview was one simple case interview. Then the Onsite interviews were two more complicated case interviews and then a very straightforward behavioral interview.

Interview Question – The business cases were the most difficult just dealt with break even points, but with thrown off as one was not related to credit solutions or the company at all.   View Answer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – I applied via my school and was contacted for a phone case interview. It lasted around 45 minutes - the interviewer talked a little bit about the culture at Capital One and then it was the case interview. It's an easy case interview, but be careful not to make careless mistakes.

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – I just past the fist round interview through campus career service with Capital One. There should be one more round interview on-site. The first round interview simply contains one 30 min case. The second round interview contains two case interviews and one behavior interview.

Interview Question – It was a strategy decision case. They gives out data in three different marketing method: phone, email and mail. Work on math and make an assumption.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – First round interview was a case question, basely solely on algebra as well as the ability to translate a word problem into a math problem.

Interview Question – Why is your answer right?   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on campus. Received an interview invitation through the HR representative. No phone interview was required, but I did speak with the HR recruiter to discuss the case interview. It was a more quantitative-based case interview. Practice break-even point analysis questions. Make sure to explain your thought process throughout the case.

Interview Question – There weren't any specific questions. Spent the duration of the interview trying to solve the case.   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's Career Center website and was given an interview slot for an on campus interview.

The interview consisted of a brief case interview that had to do with gym access for employees and its break even point when costs where compared to savings (productivity increases, health care savings, etc).

The case required basic algebra including setting up a system of equations based on the information in the case and solving it for the two possible break even points. Basic graphing skills were also required. Overall it wasn't a terribly difficult case but it was easy to get bogged down in some of the superfluous details.

Interview Question – Case was right along the lines of the sample cases that were provided in the welcome email to all interview candidates. It seems all first round Capital One cases set up a scenario where the candidate must set up and solve a break even calculation.   Answer Question

Goochland, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in October 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty fast process. First round interview was a case on my college campus and was notified about moving to second rounds within a day. I flew out to the Richmond, VA within two weeks of my first round interview and found out within a day of the second round that I got the job.

Interview Question – What is the size of the contact lens market in the United States?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation coming out of college.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – I had the first round interview through phone. It was fine, and the interviewer just asked for general questions. We had a case interview on how to improve the business of a sports store. I asked a few questions in regard to his team, and it seemed like Capital One cared of their employees.

Interview Question – There wasn't any unexpected question. Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Capital One in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through university recruiting posting, received notification that I had been selected for a phone business case. After the phone business case, which was not difficult, yet was awkward due to it being on the phone, I was invited to the final round interviews in Richmond. Final round consisted of flying in, staying the night at the Hilton, then two case interviews and a behavioral interview the next day.

Interview Question – Cases were definitely intended to be more quantitative than other business cases I've encountered in interviews, yet not impossible. Cases focused on the response rates of various advertising segments, arms, and another concerning credit card demographic segments.   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my college career services center and was invited to an on-campus interview. That interview consisted of one case about profit maximization and price setting for an on-site gym. I didn't feel like the interview went well, but a few hours later I received an email invitation to fly to Capital One headquarters for a final interview. Two weeks later I interviewed at headquarters in Richmond. There I had two case interviews and one behavioral interview. One case was about credit cards and the other was about whether or not to enter into a market for a certain good. The staff were very friendly, but it's pretty obvious that they do a lot of interviews. Don't expect to feel like they are rolling out the red carpet for you.

Interview Question – I was given a table with a breakdown of revenue channels and costs for the past few years and I had to use that data to determine whether it was a good decision to invest in that business. The hardest part was finding the company's marginal cost of an additional unit from that price.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital One

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 212 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capital One employees and interview candidates.