Capital One Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.2

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

The interview included a (maximum) 30 minute length case interview. The case was fairly straightforward (not designed to trick you). Going into these, don't anticipate a case interview like what you see with typical consultancies, Cap One is much more focused on real world, manageable and relevant solutions. The interviewer was very helpful, knowledgeable, and easy to work with as I went through the case. Also very open to questions during the extra time at the end of the interview.
I am currently on the FINAL ROUND phase of Capital One.

Interview Questions
  • You own a mini golf course:
    1. What are examples of promotions you can use to increase business?
    2. Then I was given a set of numbers regarding revenue, traffic, and costs and I was asked to determine the current profit per day, and then consider how that would change if more customers were added.
    3. Asked about a potential promotional plan and how that plan will impact profitability.
    4. Asked about a variant on that plan and how it will impact profitability.
    5. Asked to make a managerial recommendation as to which plan is preferable.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

Interviewed through campus recruiting. The interview was a basic case study about Revenue and profit maximization. My case study was about a golf course and identifying certain criteria to consider when introducing a new promotion. What happens to profits? What is the increase in profits? At the end of the problem, I was asked if I would take on the promotion, why or why not.

Interview Questions
    • What types of things do you consider key factors when looking at a financial statement?   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

Submitted resume through campus career site and interviewed a week later. Went through a case interview that was pretty straight forward. Was selected to go to power day in Richmond, VA a week later where there are 2 cases and 1 behavioral interview.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One.

Apply online though the captal one online application. But the job opportunity is actually sent out by our department chair. So I do not know whether that is an advantage to get the interview or not. I submit the online application in Feb and by the end of feb. I received an email asking me to give them time available for the phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Some basic statistics concept like what is the p value?
      And a case interview ask you to minimize the profit. It is quite challenging to get what they want to you to answer.

View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

Applied through my school's website, received an interview at my school. Recruiters were very friendly. I found out 3 days later that I wasn't invited to their power day. Their case interviews are practical and real world based, not too abstract like others.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

On campus interview, they took me through a case that described a golf course management team. Had to understand and explain how variable/fixed costs worked and how revenues were generated.

Interview Questions
    • Described a promotional offer, and how it would affect profitibility.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Capital One.

Phone interview with HR. Questions are mainly about the CV, the past working experience, education background, the role of the new job, the salary expectations. Just normal interview questions. No surprise. Waiting to get into the next in-person interview. Hope for good results.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

Interviewed on campus. Interviewer was very nice and did a few behavioral questions in addition to a very short case. They allowed us to use a calculator as well. Fairly low-stress process, though I didn't get a second round and there were tons of people applying. Interviewer seemed very passionate about her job, but there were very few details about what the position itself would entail.

Business Analyst Interview

Case interviews were easy. You only need to understand how to do the break-even analysis. Behavioral interviews used the STAR format. All behavioral questions are "tell me about a time...". Interview questions focused on how you would deal with pressure , how would you learn something new, and how you would react to a conflict.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in February 2015.

On campus recruiting. On campus interview. Quick process. First interview is a case interview. If you pass, you move on to second round which consists of two more cases and a behavioral interview. Nice thing is that they say you're not really competing against other candidates because they're not trying to fill a specific number of positions--if you meet the "minimum standard" you pass; if not, you don't.

Interview Questions
    • Determine how much online content a start-up should create and what monthly membership fee to charge.   Answer Question