Capital One Community and Grants Outreach Position Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Community and Grants Outreach Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One in April 2012.

I was contacted in late Feb. 2012 and then I had a phone interview followed by several emails letting me know how interested they were. I then took three online tests that took about 2 hours and consisted of a personality test, math test and logic test. (I had family in town and my daughter was getting married that week, YIKES) I passed and then waited several more weeks to hear back. I was schedule for a panel interview that lasted five hours and included a lunch with one of the interview panelist. This was April 9.
The question were behavioral question like, "Tell me about a time when you had to reach out for help with a project" or "How do you organize your close,." and "Tell me about your greatest reward in your work." Then each questions had layer upon layer of follow-up.
The panelist were very nice and sort of lead me to believe that I was exactly what they needed. I waited for four more weeks and got a call from the HR person, he told me that they hired internally. I guess my only real disappointment is that they should have posted it internally first. It was a long time to wait to get bad news, and I would have focuced on my family and the wedding if I had known they hadn't already done an internal search.

Interview Questions
  • Tel me about a time when you you had to complete a project and you needed help.   Answer Question