Capital One

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in June 2014.

Interview Details – Setting up the interview was fairly simple, although for a wage just above minimum wage they have the most indepth interview process. It's not something you see at the wages being offered. I took away if you are a humble person, walk away. They encourage you to think you are the greatest and be able to relay that. I personally feel it give room for large tales, exact opposite of being as truthful as you can.

Interview Question – Most companies want a team player, we verses I !   View Answer

Laurel, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capital One in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to Capital One Bank. They didn't reach out to me until my friend referred me. 2 weeks later a recruiter called me and set up a phone interview. She asked questions regarding my previous work experience, my skills she basically went over my resume, and also asked if i worked in a fast past environment. After the phone interview she set up a face to face interview for me. I went into that interview and again the manager ran over my resume, and asked behavioral questions. A week later i received a call telling me that I got the job and the recruiter listed out a couple of shifts that I could work.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions, as far as when was there a time that you went above and beyond for a customer. Be as detailed as possible. Tell me the problem, how you solved it, what was the outcome, and what was the customers reaction? The questions aren't hard you just have to come prepared for customer service questions.   Answer Question
  • Name   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wast able to negotiate anything. If you have had previous banking experience there is some lead way for negotiation for pay. As far as shifts that you will be working the is negotiation for that.

Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was OK. Managers was new at managing. They came from Grocery stores and other wierd jobs that has nothing to do with credit cards or banking. Did not know how to interview. Asked if I had kids.

Negotiation Details – Not good.

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – All candidates must apply online through Taleo. Occasionally there may be an open house where you can an immediate interview. Applied online which requires additional testing to move forward to a phone interview. After normal resume and behavioral surveys had to complete a customer simulation for a variety of industries. Once passed then called by a in-house recruiter for an easy phone interview. It's a phone job so how you sound is very important - then an onsite, in person interview was scheduled. After that a phone call offering job. Until you accept a work schedule your offer is not final - that was delayed for me while schedules were finalized so in limbo for 10 days or so. They also do a criminal check and background check - credit score doesn't matter but everything else does and offer is contingent on results.

Interview Question – The simulation online was tough, be well rested and prepared and read everything carefully. Many fail this part and don't ever get a final interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base hourly rate is non negotiable - take it or leave it.

Laurel, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process was pretty simple, I received two phone interviews and then a ftf, within a week I received a call back that I got the position

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter with Capital One and scheduled a phone interview a few days later after speaking to her. The phone interview went well and she scheduled me for a face to face interview a week later. The atmosphere seemed nice and everyone I came into contact with seemed friendly. My interviewer was some guy that yawned during the whole interview and seemed uninterested during the process. At the end of the interview I asked a few questions pertaining to the job. I felt I did a really great job especially considering what type of interviewer I had. Was contacted by the recruiter saying they were going with another fit.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – Completed on-line application and simulated call center environment by computer. The same day a recruiter called and scheduled me for a preliminary phone screen for the following week. During the phone screen the recruiter told me about the benefits, hourly, training period, wage and tentative work shifts. I have a one-one interview in a few weeks and hopefully, I can edit this response with the result

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to prioritize   View Answer

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2011.

Interview Details – Online Assessment (Personality, Job-specific questions)
Phone Interview - They ask basic behavioral questions
Onsite Interview - 3 behavioral questions(Name a time when, most difficult customer) plus a role play
Job Offer (Background, Credit, Reference Checks)

Interviewer was extremely easy to talk to, however, some are harder than others. Be sure to study your answers to basic behavioral questions and you will do fine.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-Negotiable

Interviewed at Capital One

Interview Details – Had a pretty simple phone interview, was called back and offered an in person interview. During the interview, the person doing the interview simulated a call center experience by turning around in the chair, so that you couldn't see their face. Having worked in face to face customer service situations, this was rude, and made me uncomfortable. They should have just called in from a different room .

Interview Question – Had a pretty simple phone interview, was called back and offered an in person interview. During the interview, the person doing the interview simulated a call center experience by turning around in the chair, so that you couldn't see their face. Having worked in face to face customer service situations, this was rude, and made me uncomfortable. They should have just called in from a different room .   Answer Question

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – Submitted an online form/questionnaire answering about 50 questions regarding customer service and work experience. From there I had a phone interview which lasted for about 25 minutes. Discussed what limited experience I had, and gave situational customer service examples and how I would handle them. Followed by an in-person interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Rehashed some of the same questions from the questionnaire and interview.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was regarding a time that I really failed at something.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little to no negotiation, mostly because I was in a spot where I was desperate for a job, and had no experience to barter with.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!