Capital One Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The interview was over the phone. First interview over the phone with an HR rep just asking behavioral questions. Second interview was over the phone with a manager. The second interview was solely scenario questions; how you would handle certain types of calls.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working from home?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Went to a hiring event and filled out application. No interview at all. Was contacted two weeks later and told I got the job and was sent a on boarding package, but didn't start job until a month later.

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Capital One (Frisco, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Setting up the interview was fairly simple, although for a wage just above minimum wage they have the most indepth interview process. It's not something you see at the wages being offered. I took away if you are a humble person, walk away. They encourage you to think you are the greatest and be able to relay that. I personally feel it give room for large tales, exact opposite of being as truthful as you can.

Interview Questions

• Most companies want a team player, we verses I !   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL).

Interview

All candidates must apply online through Taleo. Occasionally there may be an open house where you can an immediate interview. Applied online which requires additional testing to move forward to a phone interview. After normal resume and behavioral surveys had to complete a customer simulation for a variety of industries. Once passed then called by a in-house recruiter for an easy phone interview. It's a phone job so how you sound is very important - then an onsite, in person interview was scheduled. After that a phone call offering job. Until you accept a work schedule your offer is not final - that was delayed for me while schedules were finalized so in limbo for 10 days or so. They also do a criminal check and background check - credit score doesn't matter but everything else does and offer is contingent on results.

Interview Questions

• The simulation online was tough, be well rested and prepared and read everything carefully. Many fail this part and don't ever get a final interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Base hourly rate is non negotiable - take it or leave it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Completed on-line application and simulated call center environment by computer. The same day a recruiter called and scheduled me for a preliminary phone screen for the following week. During the phone screen the recruiter told me about the benefits, hourly, training period, wage and tentative work shifts. I have a one-one interview in a few weeks and hopefully, I can edit this response with the result

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to prioritize   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Irving, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter with Capital One and scheduled a phone interview a few days later after speaking to her. The phone interview went well and she scheduled me for a face to face interview a week later. The atmosphere seemed nice and everyone I came into contact with seemed friendly. My interviewer was some guy that yawned during the whole interview and seemed uninterested during the process. At the end of the interview I asked a few questions pertaining to the job. I felt I did a really great job especially considering what type of interviewer I had. Was contacted by the recruiter saying they were going with another fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Laurel, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

The process was pretty simple, I received two phone interviews and then a ftf, within a week I received a call back that I got the position

Interview

Interview Questions

• Had a pretty simple phone interview, was called back and offered an in person interview. During the interview, the person doing the interview simulated a call center experience by turning around in the chair, so that you couldn't see their face. Having worked in face to face customer service situations, this was rude, and made me uncomfortable. They should have just called in from a different room .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Submitted an online form/questionnaire answering about 50 questions regarding customer service and work experience. From there I had a phone interview which lasted for about 25 minutes. Discussed what limited experience I had, and gave situational customer service examples and how I would handle them. Followed by an in-person interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Rehashed some of the same questions from the questionnaire and interview.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was regarding a time that I really failed at something.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little to no negotiation, mostly because I was in a spot where I was desperate for a job, and had no experience to barter with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied for job and received a call from recruiter within a few days. We then set up a phone interview. I had two phone interviews and then was offered the job. The questions were behavioral based

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation the recruiter informed me of the pay amount they were offering