Capital One Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2014

2.4

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in January 2009.

The interview process involved a three on one style including a Manager, Supervisor, and Trainer. The Interview was smoothly executed and very detailed

Interview Questions
  • What did you least like about your previous employer.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Capital One.

I was hired for a contract position. Initial interview was a phone screening of basic questions about your resume. Face-to-face with HR/recruiter was a little bit more intensive, questions were based on personality, behavioral. Basically, if you can handle the pressure, hours, and also how to handle difficult customers. HR was pretty open to discuss challenges, growth of company, etc, which is always a good sign.
    Since this is a financial institution, it might help to read up a little on AML (Anti Money Laundering) and some basic credit card information. Not asked in the interview but I am sure if you can incorporate it in your answers it will show that you are knowledgeable and increases your chances of getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • Since I went through an agency, there was some testing involved. Again, nothing complicated, the usual-Word, Excel, Outlook, and Windows.   Answer Question
    At that time it was $14 through a recruiter but if you were a direct hire it was $20

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Submitted an online form/questionnaire answering about 50 questions regarding customer service and work experience. From there I had a phone interview which lasted for about 25 minutes. Discussed what limited experience I had, and gave situational customer service examples and how I would handle them. Followed by an in-person interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Rehashed some of the same questions from the questionnaire and interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was regarding a time that I really failed at something.   Answer Question
    There was little to no negotiation, mostly because I was in a spot where I was desperate for a job, and had no experience to barter with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in February 2012.

The interview was typical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in April 2012.

I first received a phone call telling me I was chosen to move forward in the hiring process then asked If i would like to next have the phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview for the next day which took about thirty minutes. She told me she would submit my name to move onto the next phase of the process for the face to face. I received a call the next day giving me a time and day which was about a week and a half away. I was told that the interview would consist of questions based on previous work experiences related to specific situations I had experienced in other jobs and how I learned from the experienced and what I would have done differently. Or how I may have made a change in a company. The impact I may have had on others. I went to the interview prepared and went with as much knowledge as I could about the the company. The interview took about one hour with one person. After the interview I was told I would hear a yes or a no in about one week and I received a call the next day asking me if I wanted the job.

Interview Questions
    • If I could change something at my previous job what would it be and why.   Answer Question
    • What did I like most about a previous job I have had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Capital One in September 2013.

Behavioral interview, basic and easy as long as you prep examples of your customer service experiences and at least one area where you know you need to improve yourself on. Don't do like I did during role-play and forget to ask the "customer" for their card number, last name and any other identifying information haah!

Interview Questions
    • Role-play can be a bit tricky because its the end of the interview and you think you have done great so your guard is down...be ready for anything!   View Answer
    There is no negotiation for your pay, it is a set amount for each hourly person, but they do inform you of bonus potential that is based on your customer service/QA feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in February 2011.

Online Assessment (Personality, Job-specific questions)
    Phone Interview - They ask basic behavioral questions
    Onsite Interview - 3 behavioral questions(Name a time when, most difficult customer) plus a role play
    Job Offer (Background, Credit, Reference Checks)

Interviewer was extremely easy to talk to, however, some are harder than others. Be sure to study your answers to basic behavioral questions and you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question
    Non-Negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

All candidates must apply online through Taleo. Occasionally there may be an open house where you can an immediate interview. Applied online which requires additional testing to move forward to a phone interview. After normal resume and behavioral surveys had to complete a customer simulation for a variety of industries. Once passed then called by a in-house recruiter for an easy phone interview. It's a phone job so how you sound is very important - then an onsite, in person interview was scheduled. After that a phone call offering job. Until you accept a work schedule your offer is not final - that was delayed for me while schedules were finalized so in limbo for 10 days or so. They also do a criminal check and background check - credit score doesn't matter but everything else does and offer is contingent on results.

Interview Questions
    • The simulation online was tough, be well rested and prepared and read everything carefully. Many fail this part and don't ever get a final interview.   View Answer
    Base hourly rate is non negotiable - take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in March 2012.

Was OK. Managers was new at managing. They came from Grocery stores and other wierd jobs that has nothing to do with credit cards or banking. Did not know how to interview. Asked if I had kids.

Not good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in June 2014.

Setting up the interview was fairly simple, although for a wage just above minimum wage they have the most indepth interview process. It's not something you see at the wages being offered. I took away if you are a humble person, walk away. They encourage you to think you are the greatest and be able to relay that. I personally feel it give room for large tales, exact opposite of being as truthful as you can.

Interview Questions
    • Most companies want a team player, we verses I !   View Answer