Capital One Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview process involved a three on one style including a Manager, Supervisor, and Trainer. The Interview was smoothly executed and very detailed

Interview Questions

• What did you least like about your previous employer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial on line questionnaire and typing test. Multiple contacts with assigned Recruiter. Final interview by phone with department manager where situation questions are asked and applicant provides previous job experiences relating to the question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

applied in person, took a month to hear from them first they called on the phone interview then asked to one on one interview. After few weeks another interview; Panel interview and had to wait for three weeks to get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Irving, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. Standard questions regarding what you would do given certain scenarios. Interviewer explained the background check and credit check that would be done since this was a financial institution. The interviewer was very good and made me feel at ease during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what did you do to resolve the situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Beaverton, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

I first received a phone call telling me I was chosen to move forward in the hiring process then asked If i would like to next have the phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview for the next day which took about thirty minutes. She told me she would submit my name to move onto the next phase of the process for the face to face. I received a call the next day giving me a time and day which was about a week and a half away. I was told that the interview would consist of questions based on previous work experiences related to specific situations I had experienced in other jobs and how I learned from the experienced and what I would have done differently. Or how I may have made a change in a company. The impact I may have had on others. I went to the interview prepared and went with as much knowledge as I could about the the company. The interview took about one hour with one person. After the interview I was told I would hear a yes or a no in about one week and I received a call the next day asking me if I wanted the job.

Interview Questions

• If I could change something at my previous job what would it be and why.   Answer Question
    • What did I like most about a previous job I have had?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in September 2010.

Interview

Applied online. went through a series of different emails and online tests to ensure i could do the job correctly. had to finalize all of the information in my profile. was called to schedule an interview. interview at the Cap. One office. signed in with the front desk. waited about 5-10 minutes. had a 1:1 interview with a supervisor in a small office. very pleasant interview with positive attitude walking out. received a tour of the office floor where i would be working. a few days later, i received a call/email for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when something went wrong and you had to improvise to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

could not work around my schedule for classes. they were very specific in what hours they wanted me to work and were not willing or able to move me around a little.

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was typical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL) in February 2011.

Interview

Online Assessment (Personality, Job-specific questions) Phone Interview - They ask basic behavioral questions Onsite Interview - 3 behavioral questions(Name a time when, most difficult customer) plus a role play Job Offer (Background, Credit, Reference Checks) Interviewer was extremely easy to talk to, however, some are harder than others. Be sure to study your answers to basic behavioral questions and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Submitted an online form/questionnaire answering about 50 questions regarding customer service and work experience. From there I had a phone interview which lasted for about 25 minutes. Discussed what limited experience I had, and gave situational customer service examples and how I would handle them. Followed by an in-person interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Rehashed some of the same questions from the questionnaire and interview.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was regarding a time that I really failed at something.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little to no negotiation, mostly because I was in a spot where I was desperate for a job, and had no experience to barter with.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Capital One (Scarborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was hired for a contract position. Initial interview was a phone screening of basic questions about your resume. Face-to-face with HR/recruiter was a little bit more intensive, questions were based on personality, behavioral. Basically, if you can handle the pressure, hours, and also how to handle difficult customers. HR was pretty open to discuss challenges, growth of company, etc, which is always a good sign. Since this is a financial institution, it might help to read up a little on AML (Anti Money Laundering) and some basic credit card information. Not asked in the interview but I am sure if you can incorporate it in your answers it will show that you are knowledgeable and increases your chances of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Since I went through an agency, there was some testing involved. Again, nothing complicated, the usual-Word, Excel, Outlook, and Windows.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At that time it was $14 through a recruiter but if you were a direct hire it was $20