Capital One

2.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in June 2012.

Really simple interview. Behavioral questions and what if situations. Only about three or four questions and asked to play out a scenario. Heard back about a week later and offered a position.

Interview Questions
Negotiated because of prior experience.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in April 2012.

I first received a phone call telling me I was chosen to move forward in the hiring process then asked If i would like to next have the phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview for the next day which took about thirty minutes. She told me she would submit my name to move onto the next phase of the process for the face to face. I received a call the next day giving me a time and day which was about a week and a half away. I was told that the interview would consist of questions based on previous work experiences related to specific situations I had experienced in other jobs and how I learned from the experienced and what I would have done differently. Or how I may have made a change in a company. The impact I may have had on others. I went to the interview prepared and went with as much knowledge as I could about the the company. The interview took about one hour with one person. After the interview I was told I would hear a yes or a no in about one week and I received a call the next day asking me if I wanted the job.

Interview Questions
    • If I could change something at my previous job what would it be and why.   Answer Question
    • What did I like most about a previous job I have had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in March 2012.

Was OK. Managers was new at managing. They came from Grocery stores and other wierd jobs that has nothing to do with credit cards or banking. Did not know how to interview. Asked if I had kids.

Not good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in February 2012.

The interview was typical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Capital One in November 2011.

Only did phone interview and online assessment. Declined the in person interview because I decided I did not want to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you were faced with a difficult situation with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One in May 2011.

I filled out the application online for the position of Inbound Customer Service Rep. I had to take an assessment test online, which measured my ability to take down information accurately and communicate with customers effectively. I felt confident that I did pretty good. The online application process took about an hour to an hour and a half. A few weeks later, I got a call for a phone interview, which went well. Next I was asked when I would like to come in for a second interview. I selected the very next day. I was interviewed by a manager and there was an observer taking notes also. I felt very comfortable with all of the questions asked especially the "gap in my employment" question. I told them that I wanted to change my career by going back to school to get a degree in accounting and get into the Finance/Accounting industry. In all, they seemed satisfied with my replies. I also asked a bunch of questions about the work environment and level of professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain the gap in your employment history?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in February 2011.

Online Assessment (Personality, Job-specific questions)
    Phone Interview - They ask basic behavioral questions
    Onsite Interview - 3 behavioral questions(Name a time when, most difficult customer) plus a role play
    Job Offer (Background, Credit, Reference Checks)

Interviewer was extremely easy to talk to, however, some are harder than others. Be sure to study your answers to basic behavioral questions and you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question
    Non-Negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in January 2009.

The interview process involved a three on one style including a Manager, Supervisor, and Trainer. The Interview was smoothly executed and very detailed

Interview Questions
    • What did you least like about your previous employer.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Capital One.

I was hired for a contract position. Initial interview was a phone screening of basic questions about your resume. Face-to-face with HR/recruiter was a little bit more intensive, questions were based on personality, behavioral. Basically, if you can handle the pressure, hours, and also how to handle difficult customers. HR was pretty open to discuss challenges, growth of company, etc, which is always a good sign.
    Since this is a financial institution, it might help to read up a little on AML (Anti Money Laundering) and some basic credit card information. Not asked in the interview but I am sure if you can incorporate it in your answers it will show that you are knowledgeable and increases your chances of getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • Since I went through an agency, there was some testing involved. Again, nothing complicated, the usual-Word, Excel, Outlook, and Windows.   Answer Question
    At that time it was $14 through a recruiter but if you were a direct hire it was $20