Capital One Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.3

74 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in September 2013.

Applied through college, got an interview date with them. In the interview they will ask you to do a case study. Nothing to be afraid of they will help you with the information and they might droop hints as to how to tackle it. Try to speak through your process as it helps them understand and as well as help you work through the problem. The question that they asked was if Capital One and your school wanted to do a venture together with credit cards (then he gave you some numbers) calculate the profit.

Interview Questions
  • The case study for the first interview is not that hard, the ones for the final round is. The final round consist of 3 case studies and a behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Data Analyst Interview

After being contacted on the phone, I was flown into Dallas to interview. 3 rounds; 2 case, 1 behavioral. The case interviews required out of the box thinking, the behavioral followed the usual STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • The case studies can be quite challenging, its good to practice with McKinsey style questions   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital One in April 2014.

I applied through campus recruiting, had a case study on campus and then had an on-site interview with three case studies and a personal interview

Interview Questions
    • Case studies are pretty standard, but sometimes you can get tripped up on questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

First met during on grounds Career Fair. Had a first round interview with a simple math based case that revolved around calculating the per day profit from an account given the current balance and various rates (interest rates, reserve requirements). Heard back within a week that I had been selected to go to one of their "Power Days" in Richmond. The Power Day consisted of two math based cases and one behavioral interview. The case interviewers were very helpful in guiding you through the cases. Power Day was on a Friday and I received an offer on Monday.

Interview Questions
    • The cases and behavioral questions were very straight forward. They actually gave a list of sample behavioral questions to the interviewees the day before and then drew from that list.   Answer Question
    No negotiation salary wise, but they did ask me for my location preference.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in April 2012.

on campu interview which involved a case interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

The woman that I interviewed with seemed to be burnt out (my interview was at 3:30), and uninterested. But if you research the sample case study that they post online you should be fine. The case was simple business math, just make sure to practice speaking as you are working because it is expected that you elaborate on your processes out loud.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Capital One.

First was an on campus case interview then they invited me to an on site interview. The on site interview consisted of two case interviews and one behavioral interview. Case interviews were pretty easy. The behavioral interview is only three questions but they'll get you to really go into detail for each answer so the interview lasts almost an hour.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

I applied through my university's job search software. I had an initial on-campus 1:1 case interview. After passing this initial round, I was flown to the Capital One office at Richmond, VA, where I had a "Power Day": three interviews over the course of three hours. I had two case interviews and one behavioral interview. Each interview is forty-five minutes long, with an additional forty-five minute break in between two of the interviews. After my round of interviews, I was given a tour of the office and lunch, and was flown back to my university the same day. Their review process is very fast; I was contacted with an offer the next business day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I applied my skills to persuade a group of people to agree with my point of view.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in March 2014.

Applied online, heard back within 4 weeks. Invited down to power day. 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview. Case interviews were about Capital One business situations.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult in particular. Make sure you know how to do a case interview.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

Case interview on campus

Interview Questions
    • Standard analytical case interview as suggested online.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!