Capital One Finance Rotation Program Interview Questions

3.4

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First interview was a case interview on campus with a director. If you pass the case interview, you are flown to the Capital One campus for three more interviews: behavioral, fit, case. The behavioral interview were the typical "tell me when you..." The fit interview was about how you would obtain information that you need in a project you are working on. There were maybe 5-7 questions of this type (a little repetitive). The last interview is the case interview, and was conducted by two managers (can be a little intimidating).

Interview Questions

• Break even analysis. Very easy math when doing it on your own, but can be a little hard with 2 people in front of you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Interview

Was invited to do a case interview on campus. Fairly complex business problem. Didn't get invited back. Overall it was a good process. Everyone there is very nice and the interview process is not bad at all. I'm hoping to interview with them again in the fall.

Interview Questions

• Should we get rid of screening before giving out credit cards?   Answer Question

Finance Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I dropped my resume on my school's career website and was selected for an interview a week later.

Interview Questions

• The practice question they have online wasn't hard, but the one in the interview was not easy. There are many variables to consider and they don't walk you through it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a campus interview followed by a trip up to their campus in Richmond, VA for a final round of interviews. This included a case interview, a behavioral interview, and a personality interview. What followed was a tour of the campus, and meeting with year one program participants to learn more about the job and the rotational program.

Interview Questions

• My case was about call center profitability metrics. Just simple profit analysis with fixed and variable costs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted by a recruiter about a week later. I was then asked to take an online test consisting of general work habits, logic test and a math test. After passing the test I was invited to an onsite interview day. Consisted of 4 interviews. 1 job fit interview, 1 behavioral interview, and 2 case questions.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the company via email after submitting my resume online for the position. I was asked to take two timed online exams, one for math skills and one for verbal. I also had to take a personality test. Afterwards I was told that I passed the two exams and was invited to attend an interview day in Richmond, VA. Capital One covered all expenses for the travel, including my flight and a hotel room for one night. Because I had not had an on campus interview previously I had to do four 45 minute interviews in the morning (most people only had to do 3 since they had done one already at their school). The interviews consisted of a basic job fit interview, a behavior interview (answer 3 situational questions using STAR technique), and 2 case interviews (for me, other people only had to do 1 case interview that day). The case interviews were the hardest part of the day, but in general they were pretty straightforward - they used pretty basic algebra/math and you needed to talk through everything you were doing. The questions dealt with credit card scenarios, so some information talked about was unfamiliar but they were willing to explain everything when asked. Overall, I thought I had performed quite well in all of the interviews, but I was contacted and told they would not be moving on with my application (also Capital One is quite quick in getting back to you about the interview - 2 to 3 business days).

Interview Questions

• University Credit card - should university buy it out from Capital One or how can Capital One keep university from buying out the card (from the case interview).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Case Study interview on campus about credit cards. Got flown out to Richmond for a day of interviewing.

Finance Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in September 2012.

Interview

Put in a resume and did online assessment. They contacted me later about an on-campus interview. Case Study. No behavioral or technical. Communicate out loud and make sure you are thinking out loud.

Interview Questions

• Something about revolvers and transactors for credit card customers. Breakeven etc   Answer Question