Capital One

3.5

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One in February 2012.

Intense - first we had an on campus information session and then were asked to fill out a 2 hour assessment - think 75% GMAT style questions and 25% personality assessment. That's the first round. The second round is a case study style interview only this one has a correct answer (you're supposed to come up with an actual number and explain what it is). I didn't make it past the second round, but after that you go on site for a third round interview.

Interview Questions
  • How do you calculate (x) ratio - a lot of ratio questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in January 2012.

One on one interview. Given a word problem dealing with an insurance package Capital One deals with often.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in March 2012.

1. Given a Math and Verbal Skills Test
    2. Invited to a Case Interview (on-campus)
    3. Invited to Power day in Richmond,VA
    Power day ( given another case interview, job fit interview, and a behavioral interview)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to lead people?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a group member and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in November 2012.

I initially had a very basic phone interview which was spent mostly selling Capital One to me. I talked a little about my past experience. I then was asked to take a online assessment test which involved a quantitative section, a verbal section, and a personality section. In general, it wasn't that difficult - just review the practice materials that they provide you which will give you a good indication of the types of questions involved. I was then invited to Capital One's office in Richmond for a round of interviews - 2 behavioral and 2 case interviews. The behavioral interviews were straight forward for the most part, 3 questions each per interview. The cases entailed a qualitative piece and then a quantitative piece where you have to do some algebra and basic math to solve for break even points. While the math wasn't all that difficult, it was a little tricky having to make sense of the data in a short amount of time all while talking through your logic with someone watching.

Interview Questions
    • Determining a break-even point for credit card customers who don't pass the initial application process. You need to recommend whether both tests in the application process are necessary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansted, VI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansted, VI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in October 2009.

The interview was a case interview. Basically you had to figure out a math problem and explain to the interviewer the implications of what you found. It lasted about 45 minutes. Before you get to the interview you must take an online test with analytical skills. The problems would not be so tough with unlimited time but you must go quickly through the test to answer all of the questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital One in July 2010.

online assesment was not so difficult but needed to be done in very short time,numerical test was hard and verbal was ok. My advice would be prepared before test

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One in January 2010.

I just send the email to them and got the interview opportunuity within 2 weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in October 2012.

Worked with the campus hiring manager to have a first round interview at my school. I then was flown to Richmond, Virginia for a Powerday, which included a reception at the Hilton the night before. Heavy in analytical case interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital One.

Initially approached by a recruiter. After a couple of conversations on the telephone, I was offered an interview in the company HQ in Richmond. Coming from Los Angeles, this was a process in itself.
    All flight and accommodations were arranged by their travel agent which made it very easy. Interview lasted a whole day. Started in the morning and then spoke with 3 people.
    One was technical, one was behavioral based (soft skills), and the last was a big picture interview.
    All interviews were done in 1 room where the interviewers come in one after another.
    Lunch right after on the campus with fellow Capital One employees, followed by a short tour of campus.
    Very impressed with how professional and seamless it was for the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • A new division is thinking of launching a new credit card product which will offer the customer something unique in the market.
      Tell me what are the things that you need to calculate prior to making the decision on launching this product.

Answer Question

Offer was for a division that I was not interested in.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One in November 2012.

I was originally selected for on campus interviews for the BA position, but after that case study interview I was retracted to the finance program. The next round was an online evaluation. There were 2 parts to this evaluation: a personality test and a critical thinking test. The exams took about an hour and a half. The final round of interviews were in Richmond, VA. They had a power day that consisted of a tour of the campus, and more interviews. I had four interviews that day: 2 case studies, 1 goodness of fit, and one traditional.