Capital One Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

two rounds with the first round being a case study at the university that they recruited from and the second round consisting of a behavioral interview, job fit interview, and another very different case study at their virginia office. it was all one on one interviews. the people were very nice

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not know the answer to something on a project that had a short deadline?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One in February 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview. Given data beforehand and then given the headings during the interview. Mostly basic math involving percentages and break-even analysis. Have to consider different ways the firm in the scenario can increase revenue. Whole interview only lasts 30 minutes and then receive outcome within a few days. Important to fully understand question before jumping into the calculations.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process was exhausting, multiple behavioral and case interviews with different people. You are then measured against all others who were interviewing at the time and a panel of those who did the interviews rank the applicants.

Interview Questions

• Even though you may know the answer to the case interviews, what they really want is for you to go through the process of deriving the answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Interview

One interview on campus, after a few hours I was invited for on site interview. For the on site interview I had three case interviews and one behavioral interview (three questions). Case interviews were not that hard and you only needed to be prepared for some simple math calculations and know how to find break even points.

Interview Questions

• One of the was a little hard, but overall, it was okay.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

First, there was an interview on campus, which featured a lot of math and story problems. But make sure to show your personality (which I did) while doing them. And be sure to talk out exactly what you're doing and your thought process. Then I had an in person interview, which consisted of one math-oriented test, a personality test, and a 'fit' test. The guy who gave the math test was difficult and completely not helpful. The other interviewers were much better.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One in November 2012.

Interview

I was originally selected for on campus interviews for the BA position, but after that case study interview I was retracted to the finance program. The next round was an online evaluation. There were 2 parts to this evaluation: a personality test and a critical thinking test. The exams took about an hour and a half. The final round of interviews were in Richmond, VA. They had a power day that consisted of a tour of the campus, and more interviews. I had four interviews that day: 2 case studies, 1 goodness of fit, and one traditional.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Initially approached by a recruiter. After a couple of conversations on the telephone, I was offered an interview in the company HQ in Richmond. Coming from Los Angeles, this was a process in itself. All flight and accommodations were arranged by their travel agent which made it very easy. Interview lasted a whole day. Started in the morning and then spoke with 3 people. One was technical, one was behavioral based (soft skills), and the last was a big picture interview. All interviews were done in 1 room where the interviewers come in one after another. Lunch right after on the campus with fellow Capital One employees, followed by a short tour of campus. Very impressed with how professional and seamless it was for the candidates.

Interview Questions

• A new division is thinking of launching a new credit card product which will offer the customer something unique in the market. Tell me what are the things that you need to calculate prior to making the decision on launching this product.   Answer Question

Offer was for a division that I was not interested in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Worked with the campus hiring manager to have a first round interview at my school. I then was flown to Richmond, Virginia for a Powerday, which included a reception at the Hilton the night before. Heavy in analytical case interviews.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Started with a quantitative and behavioral assessment, then I was invited for a first round interview. Interview was a basic case interview lasting roughly 45 mins with some behavioral questions at the end. Case was fairly simple nothing too difficult, you just need to be sure to walk them through your process and be as in depth in your explanations as possible.

Interview Questions

• What things would you need to consider before recommending to outsource your call center?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The final interview involved 3 mini-interviews. This included a case interview, behavioral interview, and fit interview. There were not really any "curve-balls" and all my interviewers were friendly. I flew in to the Richmond campus for the interview and toured the campus.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, there were no unexpected questions. The most difficult question is the case question. The interviewer is looking for you to get all the math right on that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. All new hires in the Finance Program make the same amount.