Capital One

Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.0

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Fraud Intake Coordinator Interview

I completed my application around August and was called for a phone interview the first week in September. Unfortunately when it came time for me to actually HAVE my interview, the recruiter called me late and I was not able to take the call. He left a message and instructed me to call him back. I called, left two messages and have not heard anything else from the recruiter since, this was last week. I feel like I've wasted my time and none of it was any fault of my own. If I had any recommendations, get better recruiters! I didn't even get to interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Fraud Intake Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

I applied online through their website. I was referred by a friend. I got a call from HR the next day and set up an initial phone interview. It was very brief and included questions such as: Why Capital One and why this position? A behavior question (Describe a time at work where you encountered a strange/unexpected situation and how you reacted) was also asked. Information about salary and your schedule was also given by the HR manager. I setup the time for the behavioral interview with the Department Lead as well.

For the second (1 on 1 with Dept Lead) interview, I was asked a couple behavioral questions. Before that, the lead talked about the position, what it entails, and what they are looking for. As for the questions, they were simple behavioral questions such as most difficult customer, unexpected situation with a customer, a time you had to do multiple things at once. At the end, you can also ask the Dept. Lead a question.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. Standard behavioral interview questions (see above).   Answer Question

Fraud Intake Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capital One.

I Filled out the long drawn out questionnaire and simulation online.
    There was a simple tell me what you currently do Phone interview (tie it to the actual position you are applying to )
    Did background Check
    Face to Face interview with 1 manager (scenario based)

Called back to choose shift (there is a shift differential).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in August 2014.

Applied online for the position and did an online assessment. An HR Recruiter called and did a phone interview, if you do well you will be asked to select a date for a face to face interview. The phone interview questions were about your past work and one behavioral interview question. The face to face were all behavioral interview questions which Capital One preps you for.

Fraud Intake Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Capital One.

The process is pretty quick and most of the managers are very cool and laid back.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to get a higher pay, everybody starts out at the same amount and you only get a pay increase after a year based on everything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in October 2013.

only one question was asked , so they were not really looking for quality. high turn over and they wonder why

Interview Questions
    • 1 role play question that caller had emergency in her family and you were expected to 'connect' personally-ex is everyone ok?   Answer Question
    no negotiation $13.03 no real bonus even tho they tell you there is. don't plan on getting it

Fraud Intake Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

I saw an ad online for simply hired .com and I filled out the application and then I took the assessment. I was invited to take another assessment that asked me about what time I preferred to be working. Then there was a phone screening that asked you general questions about your background and experience after this 20 minute screen I was invited to come to a face to face interview. Which i accepted

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? Name a process that you were able to change and implement for the better   View Answer
    There was no negoitation just a take it or leave it amount and then benefits started the same day as your first day which was pretty awesome

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in April 2013.

I was called approximately a month after I submitted my application online. The recruiter told me some details about the position over the phone and then asked if I could attend an interview the next day. I was told it would be a behavioral interview which would be focused on specific situations I had experienced in my career and the actions I took in those situations. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked to describe a time where I had to handle a situation with an upset customer and the the steps I took to resolve the situation. I was was also asked to describe a time I had to handle a complex customer situation and the steps I took to handle it. We also did a short role-play where the interviewer was the customer and I was the representative

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were about the same level of difficulty. There were not really any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in July 2012.

Applied online, interviewed on site. Everything was very straight forward. Had a brief phone screening, the on site interview and then I received my offer shortly after. The interview is not hard. Just make sure your resume looks good and that you have examples to any behavioral question they may ask. No previous experience is required.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral interview. come prepared with lots of examples.   Answer Question
    Hourly rate, not much negotiation involved.

Fraud Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida (Uruguay)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida (Uruguay)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview for later that day. The recruiter was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. Brief discussion of previous work experience and asked why I was interested in the position, and at Capital One specifically. Then asked one behavioral style question. They want your answers to be in the SAR format, be sure to explain your (Situation, Action, Result). At that time I was informed by the recruiter I was going to be moved forward in the process and wanted to schedule an in person interview. Was informed that this would be a behavioral style interview, which made me a bit nervous but after actually experiencing it, it was nothing unexpected.

In Person interview was scheduled for later that week with a hiring manager. Interview went well and lasted about 30-35 minutes. Again, briefly discussed the role of the position and my previous experience. Then we moved on to the behavioral questions, was asked 3 questions. Finally, there was a role play as if you were on the phone with a customer. You answer the phone and they pretend to be the customer, you're given a basic scenario and asked to complete the call on the spot. If you have any Customer Service Phone experience this should be a piece of cake.

They really are looking for skill and personality, no need to be nervous, just bring your best.

They really do give you the tools you need to succeed and do their best to inform you of every step of the interview process so you have no surprises. I felt everyone was extremely happy in their roles and sounded like a great place to work so I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why Capital One? Why this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time with your most difficult customer? (This question was asked twice, once during initial interview and again during the in person interview)   Answer Question
    • Tell a time about your most demanding customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you had to go above and beyond?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time you may have changed the way you were working based on criticism from another person?   Answer Question
    There was minimal negotiation. I was offered a decent starting pay and was informed of the start date of the training class.