Capital One Funding Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.5

Funding Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple in my opinion. I applied for the position online. About a week later, I was contacted and underwent a small phone interview. The recruiter asked about my work experience, when I was available for an interview, the position's pay, etc. The following week I went in for the interview process which consisted of: a small pre-test (asked to review a auto loan contract and answer a few questions), a behavioral interview with a Senior Manager, a job fit interview with a Unit Manager, and a typing test. All interviews were pretty laid back. I was nervous about the behavior al interview, but I was prepared because the emailed me a few samples of the types of questions they ask. After the entire interview process, I received an offer via email a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an extremely difficult situation you experienced.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Funding Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

I found out about the job through a referral. The online application was lengthy and definitely not something you should take a break from. I discovered later if one stops in the middle of the online application it will automatically decline your app... Good thing I finished mine in one go. Recruiters are used, even for permanent employees, and while they are polite and helpful once you speak with them, they aren't always known for providing a speedy experience. Took mw about two months to receive a call from a recruiter and schedule an interview when I was informed all of Funding was doing heavy hiring. Once my interview date was set it was a pretty seamless process. The hiring manager who interviewed me was was professional, but not cold, and I could certainly tell he had a great deal of pride in the company he was currently working for. The interview questions were behavioral based, just like the online application, so I felt prepared. As far as interviews go, it was an enjoyable experience and i left feeling fairly confident I had the job. Which was confirmed in the call i received from my recruiter congratulating me on my success. Between the phone and the face-to-face, I had 2 interviews. And once I got to the face-to-face it was pretty smooth from there.

Interview Questions

• The questions from the recruiter and during the F2F were very similar to the online assessment and the recruiter advised me it would be a behavioral based interview and suggested I perform a Google search on the best way to answer those types of questions. I have a bit of experience with this type of interview questions, so nothing was too shocking. The hardest question for most is usually turning a negative customer service experience into a positive and providing an answer that will leave a positive impression with the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the offer was what I desired, in retrospect I wish I had asked for me because I strongly believe I would have obtained it.