Capital One Home Loans

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One Home Loans in July 2014.

Interview Details – I completed testing portion and then, I had a phone screen with a recruiter that went well. A few days later had a phone screen with a manager that ask me one question and nothing else. Manager/interview seemed as if he had already decided on a candidate; so, I am not sure why the recruiter even bothered to schedule an interview for me with this manager. If hiring manager does not give you an opportunity to interview for the position then, Capital One Interview process is a waste of time (It certainly wasted a lot of my time). A successful interview with this company depends on if you happen to get a manager/interview that actually follows the Capital interview process and actually gives each candidate a real interview. Guess I should consider myself lucky as that so called manager interviewer is not someone I would want as a manager.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Associate Underwriter
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One Home Loans.

Interview Details – Interview process can be lengthy. Interviews are held with multiple parties on the same day in a one-on-one and panel format so coordinating schedules can be a challenge. Be prepared for lengthy situational questions. Tell me about a time...

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All negotiations were with HR and occurred after the interview process.

CS Representative- Banking Interview

CS Representative- Banking
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One Home Loans in October 2011.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview telling you about position, sencond interview is face to face again telling you about position & also asking situational questions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Capital One?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating!!!!!!!

Loan Specialist Interview

Loan Specialist
Overland Park, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One Home Loans.

Interview Details – Looking for only experienced and high-performing loan officers. Process included phone interview then face to face interview and included checking references. Face to face was with one of the floor managers, so the interviewer was the person who would end up as supervisor. Focus was on motivation to sell loans, performance relative to peers, long term employment goals.

Interview Question – "What is your monthly nut?" In other words, how much money do you need to earn every month just to pay your bills?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation -- just a standard commission plan (which was generous).

Mortgage Consultant Interview

Mortgage Consultant
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One Home Loans in July 2010.

Interview Details – Not hard core...fairly easy and routine interview...

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nothing!

Intern Interview

Intern
Edison, NJ

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Capital One Home Loans in May 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call on a Friday morning to schedule an interview for the following Monday. My interviewer was very nice -- the atmosphere there was overall quite friendly. The "interview" itself was mostly a description of the position and some questions as to whether I qualified and why I applied, given my background.

Interview Questions

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One Home Loans in November 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted an application to Capital One through my University. Was then contacted to take an online skills test, consisting of verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, and behavior/personality. Was then given on on-campus case interview. The case was difficult but the interviewer was very friendly and answered all the questions I had. I did not make the second round, which would have been on-site in VA.

Interview Question – The case was about a call center. FInding average call time (using weighted average) find transfer rate of calls, finding what the transfer rate must be reduced to in order to save the company $1 million per year.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One Home Loans.

Interview Details – Applied online.

Interview Question – Define yourself.   Answer Question

Worked for Capital One Home Loans? Contribute to the Community!