Capital One Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

19 interviews

3.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Best interview I've had in my hunt for internships. They make you feel like they want you to succeed and they really do. By the time you get to the campus interview you already are qualified, it's just making sure you didn't get lucky with the qualifications and that you are someone they'd like to work with(good personality). At least that's what I think it was all about.

Not negotiating as an intern hahaha

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in May 2013.

Phone interview first, asked some basic statistics questions including probability and linear regression.
    On-site interview contains behavioral questions, role-play, and case study parts.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Applied online, received an email for a phone interview within a week. Guy on the phone was a bit stuck up. Not a very good experience, he kept saying the questions wrong and when I would repeat them back to him he would fix it but kept acting like I was stupid for hearing him wrong.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Receive the phone interview. Ask you to introduce a case you are interested and you have done. Then ask some technical questions such as p-value, correlation in some unnormal ways. You can choose to introduce yourself to them

Interview Questions
    • My listening is not so good that I can't hear some questions very clearly.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Ask about a few basic concepts, i.e hypothesis test, p-value, confidence interval, generalized linear model, multicollinearity. Tell about some of your experience shows that you are able to communicate with people who don't know much about statistics. Then they ask me if I have a data set with hundreds of variables, how to construct the model, how to select these variables.

Intern Interview

First round is a business case interview. Most of these will be break even profit questions. The online case on Capital One's website was helpful. The second round involves going to their campus and having a behavioral interview as well as 2-3 case interviews. The case interviews are longer but you are allowed to use your own calculator.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember the questions that well because it was very long. These cases are very quantitative in nature so prepared to do a lot of calculations. The key is to be very organized about recording numbers and doing calculations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in May 2013.

Very well-planned phone and on-site interviews. Phone interview is some usual questions, for example, to explain things. On-site is consist of four 45-minute sessions, in which you have two case studies, one to explain the pros and cons of a (logistic) regression model, and another behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • In behavioral interview, I was asked what did I do to adjust myself to the changing goal of the team. It's a rare situation for me, so its's quite difficult.   Answer Question
    I was not really in a good position to negotiate much---summer intern

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Capital One.

Really positive experience interviewing with Capital One. They flew me out to Plano where I interviewed with a few members of the team. Everyone I met was very friendly and went to lunch in the cafeteria with one of the employees. They were very responsive to my emails and questions and I enjoyed interviewing with them.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me a few scenarios that we walked through together   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in March 2013.

Everyone I met really gave off the sense that you would really want to work for Capital One. Most of the new hires kept advertising how amazing the pay is just starting out. I had an on campus interview which was a pretty standard behavior interview. Then, they flew me out to Capital One, paid for my air fare, hotel, limo, and food for two days. I had a great time while I was there. Everyone was incredibly friendly and easy to talk to. It seemed like everyone wanted to try and help me get the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was worried about the case going in, but it was incredibly straight forward and my interviewer was incredibly nice. Nothing was really difficult at all. All of my interviews were essentially conversations. Everyone seemed to be incredibly sincere too.   Answer Question
    It was for an internship so there isn't much room to negotiate. I just used my offer deadline time to ask my recruiter more about the company and try to connect with people I might be working with later on. I wanted to learn as much about my future opportunities with the company as I could now so that I can plan a snowball.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Capital One.

The interview consisted of three very long questions. These questions concerned group work and project work specifically. Not very much opportunity to elaborate on different situations. Capital One definitely likes to talk about the team environment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you encountered a problem halfway through a project and were forced to change your plans.   Answer Question

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!