Capital One Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It went smooth, as could be. They asked few questions based on statistics etc and case study. The phone call screening was scheduled just a day before, so not much time but thats ok. Prepared from glassdor and it was helpful. Glassdoor has good collection of questions which proved to be very helpful.

Interview Questions

• mean and standard deviation   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's internal career portal, and included a resume and cover letter. They contacted me to schedule an interview, and the first round was on campus. The first round was a 45 minute case interview, and that's literally all it was. There was no time to discuss anything except the case. The case wasn't too hard (or at least it was easier than the one on the website). I didn't do all that well on it - I made a few little mistakes along the way and probably took too long coming up with some of the answers. I didn't explain how I arrived at my conclusions too well either. I did, however, solve the case in the end. Overall the process was kind of dry and mechanical, and the interview and application process did not let me get a feel for the organization at all.

Intern Interview

Interview

Best interview I've had in my hunt for internships. They make you feel like they want you to succeed and they really do. By the time you get to the campus interview you already are qualified, it's just making sure you didn't get lucky with the qualifications and that you are someone they'd like to work with(good personality). At least that's what I think it was all about.

Negotiation

Not negotiating as an intern hahaha

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied online, received an email for a phone interview within a week. Guy on the phone was a bit stuck up. Not a very good experience, he kept saying the questions wrong and when I would repeat them back to him he would fix it but kept acting like I was stupid for hearing him wrong.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2014.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Receive the phone interview. Ask you to introduce a case you are interested and you have done. Then ask some technical questions such as p-value, correlation in some unnormal ways. You can choose to introduce yourself to them

Interview Questions

• My listening is not so good that I can't hear some questions very clearly.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Ask about a few basic concepts, i.e hypothesis test, p-value, confidence interval, generalized linear model, multicollinearity. Tell about some of your experience shows that you are able to communicate with people who don't know much about statistics. Then they ask me if I have a data set with hundreds of variables, how to construct the model, how to select these variables.

Intern Interview

Interview

First round is a business case interview. Most of these will be break even profit questions. The online case on Capital One's website was helpful. The second round involves going to their campus and having a behavioral interview as well as 2-3 case interviews. The case interviews are longer but you are allowed to use your own calculator.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the questions that well because it was very long. These cases are very quantitative in nature so prepared to do a lot of calculations. The key is to be very organized about recording numbers and doing calculations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first, asked some basic statistics questions including probability and linear regression.
    On-site interview contains behavioral questions, role-play, and case study parts.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very well-planned phone and on-site interviews. Phone interview is some usual questions, for example, to explain things. On-site is consist of four 45-minute sessions, in which you have two case studies, one to explain the pros and cons of a (logistic) regression model, and another behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• In behavioral interview, I was asked what did I do to adjust myself to the changing goal of the team. It's a rare situation for me, so its's quite difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not really in a good position to negotiate much---summer intern