Capital One Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015
1,751 Interview Reviews

3.1

Director Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

After recruiter vetting I had a 30 minute job fit phone call with the hiring manager. I then had to take a few online tests before having f2f interviews. In one day I had 1 job fit, 2 behavioral and 1 case.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you were asked to deliver results without getting additional resources.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was wiggle room in salary and sign on bonus, but no progress could be made around vacation time.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The first interview is a phone screening interview from the recruiter. The recruiter will just ask some general questions about your experience and give 5 simple math questions. After a couple of days I heard back from the recruiter and scheduled an on-site interview. The on-site interview have two case interview and two behavioral interview in the morning. I was given one more case interview in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Discuss the profit driver for an ATM located at Capital One branch and public place.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marrero, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Marrero, LA).

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. The very first interview was held with the HR Recruiter. He was very nice and straightforward with my background. The second interview was with the branch manager. It was an overall decent and comfortable experience. They asked very basic questions and provided specifics about the job responsibilites.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous cash handling experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was okay. Dont take the first offer. Always make a counter offer even if they do not accept it

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I had a phone interview for an HR position and it was very easy-going. The interviewer was easy to talk to and very laid back. I was able to showcase my skills, which I liked, considering that in a lot of interviews (especially phone interviews), some interviewers can make you feel rushed and intimidated.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. Mostly questions about my past experience.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Submitted application online. Got a call from the recruiter about a week later. Had a casual and brief interview with the recruiter. Was called in for an in-person interview that consisted of 4 30-min one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Capital One? Tell me about a time you had to work under a deadline. What did you do? What would you have done differently? Be very specific. Answer in situation, action, result form.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The interview was over the phone. First interview over the phone with an HR rep just asking behavioral questions. Second interview was over the phone with a manager. The second interview was solely scenario questions; how you would handle certain types of calls.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working from home?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Very thorough, from phone screen to on-site with case study and behavioral questions. While it was difficult, everyone was very friendly and had nothing but good things to say about their experience working at CapitalOne

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Two rounds. A behavioral interview, and if you got passed that round they brought you to their campus for a final interview. The final interview consisted of three interviewers asking a range of questions from technical questions to more behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe a technical problem to someone with no technological experience?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Interviews were case based. Situations that asked what would you do if... and why. It was very straight forward if you understand basic critical thinking and case skills. They prepare you with example cases and other tools so just follow the process and it will all work out.

Interview Questions

• THey asked breakeven analysis questions and wanted to see that you could recognize missing pieces   1 Answer

Supplier Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a recruiter screen, hiring manager phone interview, online assessment, and finally a 4.5 hour onsite interview. It was in a four part process consting of the following: 1 - Case interview, 2 - behavioral interviews, and closed with a job fit interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions regarding how to deal with difficult situations as a manager.   Answer Question