Capital One Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
1,225 interviews

3.2

Relationship Banker Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Capital One.

Initial Phone call was made roughly a month and a half after I applied. I missed the call and called back 3 times and never received a call back until about another month down the line. Initial phone interview just going over basic resume and a few behavioral questions. interview scheduled for 2 weeks after phone interview. Very negative experience overall : the first manager I interview with was not even writing down my answers as if the position was already filled and my interview was a waste of time very unprofessional. I then met the district manager who did not even introduce himself had no suit, not even a tie and claimed he stained his tie with coffee.....very professional I must say. the district Manager then proceeded to say that people from my previous employer don't pan out well at capital one. I worked for a great company and was promoted two times to my final position of sales manager and your going to profile me because of my previous employer? righttttttttt. thanks but no thanks Capital One

Fraud Intake Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capital One.

I Filled out the long drawn out questionnaire and simulation online.
    There was a simple tell me what you currently do Phone interview (tie it to the actual position you are applying to )
    Did background Check
    Face to Face interview with 1 manager (scenario based)

Called back to choose shift (there is a shift differential).

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in June 2014.

Setting up the interview was fairly simple, although for a wage just above minimum wage they have the most indepth interview process. It's not something you see at the wages being offered. I took away if you are a humble person, walk away. They encourage you to think you are the greatest and be able to relay that. I personally feel it give room for large tales, exact opposite of being as truthful as you can.

Interview Questions
    • Most companies want a team player, we verses I !   View Answer

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Capital One.

There are 3 rounds of interviews. 1. recruiter telephone, basically introduce the company and the position and arrange the time for the next interview; 2. sr. manager telephone case interview 45 min. Telephone case interview is about call centers in US and Philippines. Calculation is simple, but strategic thinking is important, not easy to pass. Feedback is pretty quick. In the next day, you'll know the result from your recruiter.; 3. onsite case interviews and behavior interview
    The interval between interviews is 1 to 1.5 weeks
    Recruiter and interviewers are very nice

Interview Questions
    • Behavior interview will ask very detail about your previous experience. You should prepare more examples in every aspects to show your personality and ability match the position and company   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in July 2014.

Take an initial online assessment test - one verbal skills and one numerical reasoning. Then have a brief phone conversation with the recruiting manager, followed by the hiring manager a few days later. They will then set up onsite interviews within the next few weeks. Depending on the position, the number and types of interviews will vary. I will given 2 behavioral, 2 job fit, and 1 case interview.

The interviews were straight forward - the recruitter gives you numerous materials to prepare. However, outside of the provided questions from their booklets, they do not give the candidate as much time to talk about themselves and what they can bring. I found it to be very one sided and I did not have an opportunity to sell myself.

Overall, I did not feel I made connections with almost all of the interviewers and left feeling unsure about if I would even enjoy the position there.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview dealt with economics based questions - which is used rarely to never in the accounting field.   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in October 2013.

I was invited to participate in an interview day in McLean along with two other candidates. There were three behavioral interviews and one "job fit" interview given by the ECD. The behavioral interview was mostly a series of "Describe a time when you" questions, examples of which were given ahead of time. The interviewer is focused on writing so it was a little different at first but everyone was extremely pleasant and I felt both behavioral and the job fit interview went well, and ended with lunch in their upscale cafeteria.

Interview Questions
    • It's not the most difficult question, but one that I recall: Describe a time when you introduced a new technology to your team.   View Answer

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital One in March 2014.

onsite interview- four interviews, including two cases interview, one role play, one behavioral (could be conducted in different orders).
    Role play: given 15 mins to read through the material about a linear regression analysis, explain it to a business manager about it and make recommendations. it's about airplane delay problem.
    Behavioral : three questions, all tell me about a time..... 1 the project you are most proud of 2 an example that you convince other people. 3 a time that you have to change your plan/ strategy immediately (not limited to professional area, could be an event in your life)
    Case 1: Brazil walmart issue credit card , all about profit stuff, some calculation about marginal profit and market share. (didn't do well for this one, hardest one )
     case 2: life insurance: given some parameters and values, try to figure out cutoff point, break-even will be used. (okay, it looks easy after you figure everything out) use math.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in September 2010.

The key as with any interview is be yourself. Those that interview you are primarily hiring manages, however, their primary job is not necessarily interviewing. You will most likely come in and take some tests to show your math/financial ability. Then you will have individual (and possibly 2 on 1 interviews). There may have been an initial phone interview but I can't recall.

Interview Questions
    • If you have never prepared for a Behavioral Interview you better Google it! Rather than "How would you handle a situation?" as a question. The question would be "Tell me about a dime when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker?" and you need to be specific and not use generalizations.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was reasonable. There is a range for each position so you will have to fit in that range. However, as with most companies, you will want to negotiate the best salary up front, because it is typically hard to really jump up in salary once you are established. You might also check Salary.com to look up what someone with your experience is worth, and use that as a negotiation tool. I did!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capital One in September 2012.

I was a contractor, so my interview process was not as detailed as it would've been had I been hired from the outside. No interviews were required, however I was required to complete analytical testing which I was very nervous about, but luckily passed!

If these tests aren't passed, contractors are typically given the opportunity to interview with managers outside of their work area as a work-around.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions are typically on the electronic tests because they are very analytical and I hadn't had a similar test since I was in college, almost twenty years ago.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate my salary, and quite frankly I should have! I think there is quite a bit of room for negotiation.

Frp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capital One.

Campus recruiter---> in person interview----> offer. had to take online tests first before i flew in to richmond. they do a lot to sell the company. its great. in person interview called power day... you interview from 8-12 with several interviewers. there are 2 cases, one behavioral and one fit

had a better offer with more pay