Capital One Interview Questions

1,692 Interview Reviews

3.2

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Reached by a Recruiter for a power day. Three cases and two behavioral interview. Met two senior managers and one vp before lunch, after lunch were called back to met a director. Case study exams business logic with basic calculation. Overall company atmosphere is great. All managers were nice and helpful. Still waiting for decision.

Data Analysis Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online - Employee Referral - Got a call from HR - 30 min phone interview - Onsite Power day - 4 sessions - 45 min each -

An employee told me that only the long timers in CapOne are in the interview panel and they have to interview candidates as part of the job... I love the idea of having a panel to do interview but who selects the interviewers ... I had a guy show up 5 mins late and left 5 min early... he showed the least bit of interest in knowing about me or even having a interaction with me... Company is great.. location is awesome... Lots of energy... but they have developed this attitude that CapOne has standards which is good... but if they are gonna score people in 30 mins and make decision.. make sure those who do it ... do it for a reason and not as part of the job...

Some bad apples spoil the whole pie...

Interview Questions

• Behavioral - Tell me about a time questions? - While the questions were easy and straight to the point - Two of my interviewers were not really interested in knowing me... They were there just to take notes and rating my answers - One guy actually showed up 5 mins late and left 5 mins early - asked how i convinced somebody to do something that i created - There is really no right or wrong answer to this - you describe a situation and the recommendation you provided and the supporting evidence for it - then he looked at my resume and asked me whether I use R in my current work because it was in my skillsets - i told him that i have taught myself R and I use SAS in my work place... From HR, I came to know that that is the reason he didnt recommend me for the job - totally ridiculous thing - R being open source many companies dont use it in daily practice and i dont really understand how that is relevant to the job .... Director Employee in Risk Dept   Answer Question
    • Case Interview 1: Shipping company valuation problem: Total Revenue 100 Mil FC 20Mil VC - Fuel 50Mil loading/Unloading 10Mil - 5 ships 20 trips 5000Tonnes each - what is the worth of the company? How do you value this company? What is the price per tonne? What will happen if the fuel charges go up? How much minimum the company should ship/do business to breakeven? How much can they lower prices to breakeven? Very straight forward problem - but the way they asked it is not cool - lot of dragging and twisting - Not much interaction between interviewer and me - Interviewer kept mouth shut - Director level employee - I can see the authoritative attitude   Answer Question
    • Case Interview 2: Campaign analysis - Personalized credit card offer mailing - Cost to print new card is $1.10 50K people were emailed - 5% response rate - 0.03$ per email - 50/50 Test and control population - 5% responded have 80$ spend vs 95% did not respond $40 - Control population average spend is $41? What is happening here is it worth to mail? what is the overall profit from this? Its about $155K per year? Now what if we charge them 5$ fee for the personalized card - what should be the response rate to make the same profit? - This guy was cool - listened to what i have to say and very interactive - Director level Employee   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Interview

There were a few behavior interviews and a walk around campus to show me what the place and culture was like. This was a few years back, its changed pretty drastically since then.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to solve a complex problem   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

Phone interview then face to face...very general questions. I was told at end of interview that I had the job. Phone interviewer was very nice and helpful. One on one was very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to escalate a situation with a customer to management   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One (Vienna, VA).

Interview

Very professional and clearly laid out process. The data scientist interview comprises of 4 stages. Stage 1 is a coding test using Hackerrank and you have about 2.5 hours to complete it. Stage 2 is a phone interview - partly behavioral and partly technical thinking. Stage 3 is a data science challenge to showcase your data munging and analysis skills. The 4th stage is series of 7-8 one-one interviews comprising of case studies and behavioral interviews. This job was for the Capital one labs. The people seem to be really nice and professional. The HR was very systematic and helpful in keeping you updated. The only thing is that although a startup within a big firm they seem to have the problem of a large firm. Also, they seem to test you on many technology seems like they are not used and a bit unclear as to what I will be doing once I get the offer. Overall great experience and very good interview process for a large firm. Had a better offer so did not accept offer.

Interview Questions

• Coding interview, data science challenge   3 Answers

Had another offer

Financial Advisor II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Straight forward 5 step interviews. Two over the phone, the others were in-person. There was also an online assessment, it wasn't too bad. All reading comprehension and graphs but it was timed. Parts of the process were informal, but make sure not to get too comfortable even though the interviewer will.

Senior Operations Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

I applied online Capital One's website. Its definitely one of those long drawn out applications with questionnaire. I was called into the location within 2 weeks of completing my application. I received an offer within the following week.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

Phone Interview with Recruiter

Online Assessment - Verbal Reasoning & Math Reasoning, if you pass, you've invited to interview in person

The in-person interview was three hours long. I met with the manager I would be working with, a software engineer, director of sales operations, and a Sr. Product Manager.

I was not provided any water, or asked if I wanted to take a bio break.

The manager was late 15 minutes late for the interview. The process seemed very disorganized. When the recruiter called to make an offer, I happily declined. First impressions are lasting ones, and for all they put you through during the interview process, it's simply not worth it.

Interview Questions

• How you resolve a specific type of issue?
      Tell me about a time where you had to learn a new skill or technology?
      Tell me about a time where you worked on several projects at once? How did you manage your time?
      Tell me a little bit about your work experience?

Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Great Experience, very helpful and knowledgeable interviewers “Tell me about a time when you had to anticipate a problem and resolve it before it became an issue.
    Tell me about a time when you had a difficult team to deal with.” “Tell me about a time when you had to anticipate a problem and resolve it before it became an issue.
    Tell me about a time when you had a difficult team to deal with.”

Software Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

1) Written Test , 2) Phone interview with Hiring manager and 3) Onsite Interview . Onsite interview consists of 4 rounds . 2 Technical and 2 Behavioral interviews. each behavioral interview has 3 questions and further sub-questions. They will give the list of behavioral questions 1 day in advance so you will get enough time to prepare,

Interview Questions

• Selenium Architecture , Selenium Grid configurations , Work related questions   Answer Question