Capital One Interview Questions

3.2

Lead Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in July 2014.

Was very easy. I interviewed with 2 people that really did not ask many questions of me. My many years in the financial/banking industry spoke for itself. I was told I would be over qualified for the position and the pay would not meet my requirements, but it was my foot in the door to other opportunities.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a difficult customer. What happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    My compensation was more than the position allowed due to my experience so I maxed out on the salary for this position. I accepted it as a way to get my foot in the door and move on to other roles.

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One in September 2013.

Behavioral Interview, easily passed just tell them you will do everything you can to ensure customer satisfaction balances with corporate guidelines. Smile a lot and make sure you tell them that you agree with everything the person interviewing says- they are most likely going to be your manager.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations allowed, you accept at what you are offered- period

Senior Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in March 2013.

Capital One only does phone interviews, probably to remain objective during the process. I was hired without ever meeting anyone in person. It was initially supposed to be 3 phone calls, working my way up the ladder to the higher supervisors, but actually only had 2 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would you want to be doing if you weren't in your current profession?   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Capital One.

Initial Phone call was made roughly a month and a half after I applied. I missed the call and called back 3 times and never received a call back until about another month down the line. Initial phone interview just going over basic resume and a few behavioral questions. interview scheduled for 2 weeks after phone interview. Very negative experience overall : the first manager I interview with was not even writing down my answers as if the position was already filled and my interview was a waste of time very unprofessional. I then met the district manager who did not even introduce himself had no suit, not even a tie and claimed he stained his tie with coffee.....very professional I must say. the district Manager then proceeded to say that people from my previous employer don't pan out well at capital one. I worked for a great company and was promoted two times to my final position of sales manager and your going to profile me because of my previous employer? righttttttttt. thanks but no thanks Capital One

Fraud Intake Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capital One.

I Filled out the long drawn out questionnaire and simulation online.
    There was a simple tell me what you currently do Phone interview (tie it to the actual position you are applying to )
    Did background Check
    Face to Face interview with 1 manager (scenario based)

Called back to choose shift (there is a shift differential).

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in June 2014.

Setting up the interview was fairly simple, although for a wage just above minimum wage they have the most indepth interview process. It's not something you see at the wages being offered. I took away if you are a humble person, walk away. They encourage you to think you are the greatest and be able to relay that. I personally feel it give room for large tales, exact opposite of being as truthful as you can.

Interview Questions
    • Most companies want a team player, we verses I !   View Answer

Senior Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Capital One.

There are 3 rounds of interviews. 1. recruiter telephone, basically introduce the company and the position and arrange the time for the next interview; 2. sr. manager telephone case interview 45 min. Telephone case interview is about call centers in US and Philippines. Calculation is simple, but strategic thinking is important, not easy to pass. Feedback is pretty quick. In the next day, you'll know the result from your recruiter.; 3. onsite case interviews and behavior interview
    The interval between interviews is 1 to 1.5 weeks
    Recruiter and interviewers are very nice

Interview Questions
    • Behavior interview will ask very detail about your previous experience. You should prepare more examples in every aspects to show your personality and ability match the position and company   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Take an initial online assessment test - one verbal skills and one numerical reasoning. Then have a brief phone conversation with the recruiting manager, followed by the hiring manager a few days later. They will then set up onsite interviews within the next few weeks. Depending on the position, the number and types of interviews will vary. I will given 2 behavioral, 2 job fit, and 1 case interview.

The interviews were straight forward - the recruitter gives you numerous materials to prepare. However, outside of the provided questions from their booklets, they do not give the candidate as much time to talk about themselves and what they can bring. I found it to be very one sided and I did not have an opportunity to sell myself.

Overall, I did not feel I made connections with almost all of the interviewers and left feeling unsure about if I would even enjoy the position there.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview dealt with economics based questions - which is used rarely to never in the accounting field.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital One in March 2014.

onsite interview- four interviews, including two cases interview, one role play, one behavioral (could be conducted in different orders).
    Role play: given 15 mins to read through the material about a linear regression analysis, explain it to a business manager about it and make recommendations. it's about airplane delay problem.
    Behavioral : three questions, all tell me about a time..... 1 the project you are most proud of 2 an example that you convince other people. 3 a time that you have to change your plan/ strategy immediately (not limited to professional area, could be an event in your life)
    Case 1: Brazil walmart issue credit card , all about profit stuff, some calculation about marginal profit and market share. (didn't do well for this one, hardest one )
     case 2: life insurance: given some parameters and values, try to figure out cutoff point, break-even will be used. (okay, it looks easy after you figure everything out) use math.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in September 2010.

The key as with any interview is be yourself. Those that interview you are primarily hiring manages, however, their primary job is not necessarily interviewing. You will most likely come in and take some tests to show your math/financial ability. Then you will have individual (and possibly 2 on 1 interviews). There may have been an initial phone interview but I can't recall.

Interview Questions
    • If you have never prepared for a Behavioral Interview you better Google it! Rather than "How would you handle a situation?" as a question. The question would be "Tell me about a dime when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker?" and you need to be specific and not use generalizations.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was reasonable. There is a range for each position so you will have to fit in that range. However, as with most companies, you will want to negotiate the best salary up front, because it is typically hard to really jump up in salary once you are established. You might also check Salary.com to look up what someone with your experience is worth, and use that as a negotiation tool. I did!