Capital One Interview Questions

1,741 Interview Reviews

3.2

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Beaumont, TX).

Interview

Phone interview then face to face...very general questions. I was told at end of interview that I had the job. Phone interviewer was very nice and helpful. One on one was very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to escalate a situation with a customer to management   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One (Vienna, VA).

Interview

Very professional and clearly laid out process. The data scientist interview comprises of 4 stages. Stage 1 is a coding test using Hackerrank and you have about 2.5 hours to complete it. Stage 2 is a phone interview - partly behavioral and partly technical thinking. Stage 3 is a data science challenge to showcase your data munging and analysis skills. The 4th stage is series of 7-8 one-one interviews comprising of case studies and behavioral interviews. This job was for the Capital one labs. The people seem to be really nice and professional. The HR was very systematic and helpful in keeping you updated. The only thing is that although a startup within a big firm they seem to have the problem of a large firm. Also, they seem to test you on many technology seems like they are not used and a bit unclear as to what I will be doing once I get the offer. Overall great experience and very good interview process for a large firm. Had a better offer so did not accept offer.

Interview Questions

• Coding interview, data science challenge   3 Answers

Had another offer

Financial Advisor II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Straight forward 5 step interviews. Two over the phone, the others were in-person. There was also an online assessment, it wasn't too bad. All reading comprehension and graphs but it was timed. Parts of the process were informal, but make sure not to get too comfortable even though the interviewer will.

Senior Operations Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

I applied online Capital One's website. Its definitely one of those long drawn out applications with questionnaire. I was called into the location within 2 weeks of completing my application. I received an offer within the following week.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA).

Interview

Phone Interview with Recruiter Online Assessment - Verbal Reasoning & Math Reasoning, if you pass, you've invited to interview in person The in-person interview was three hours long. I met with the manager I would be working with, a software engineer, director of sales operations, and a Sr. Product Manager. I was not provided any water, or asked if I wanted to take a bio break. The manager was late 15 minutes late for the interview. The process seemed very disorganized. When the recruiter called to make an offer, I happily declined. First impressions are lasting ones, and for all they put you through during the interview process, it's simply not worth it.

Interview Questions

• How you resolve a specific type of issue? Tell me about a time where you had to learn a new skill or technology? Tell me about a time where you worked on several projects at once? How did you manage your time? Tell me a little bit about your work experience?   Answer Question

Software Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

1) Written Test , 2) Phone interview with Hiring manager and 3) Onsite Interview . Onsite interview consists of 4 rounds . 2 Technical and 2 Behavioral interviews. each behavioral interview has 3 questions and further sub-questions. They will give the list of behavioral questions 1 day in advance so you will get enough time to prepare,

Interview Questions

• Selenium Architecture , Selenium Grid configurations , Work related questions   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Great Experience, very helpful and knowledgeable interviewers “Tell me about a time when you had to anticipate a problem and resolve it before it became an issue. Tell me about a time when you had a difficult team to deal with.” “Tell me about a time when you had to anticipate a problem and resolve it before it became an issue. Tell me about a time when you had a difficult team to deal with.”

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The preselection is rigorous, if your resume makes it to the top you still have to take several tests online after applying. The results of those tests will qualify you for an in person interview with 3-4 different people. Getting to that point is hard. In person interviews: Case: testing your relevant skills for the position with a real business challenge Fit: Determine personality and skill fit Behavioral: Tell about a challenging situation what did you do to resolve Everyone I met was high caliber and professional. They tell you within a day or so whether you are getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: Several questions on how you resolve challenges in day to day management and how you work with peers   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

A friend of mine referred my resume and within 2 days I got a call from recruiter, it's a phone screening asking about my willingness to relocate, some info about the position, and scheduled a on-site interview for me. On the interview day, there were 8 of us interviewing and none of us made it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• How's the contact lens market in the US. (Then the interviewers provided some details to calculate revenue, profit, and asked some percentage changes of the answers I got)   Answer Question

IT Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was fine, but they canceled the position at the last minute. Everyone was very friendly, the two phone interviews were short but cordial. They arranged for all travel, paid for everything and even made adjustments once the position had been canceled which allowed me to do some other stuff in the area.