Capital One

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very structured interview process. Applied through campus recruiting and was later selected for a phone case interview. I passed the case (found out in under 24 hours) and was invited to interview in Richmond. The Richmond interview consisted of two cases and a behavioral interview. I was then asked to stay for an additional case interview. I received an offer in <24 hours.

The case interviews are unlike consulting interviews; they are more straightforward and usually have a specific quantitative answer. The behavioral interview was very structured; I was given a list of possible questions a day in advance, and three questions were selected from that list.

Overall, I felt very welcome; the recruiters and interviewers were all very friendly.

Interview Question – Cases   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Intern.

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Customer Service Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and one week later I got a phone call for a phone interview. The phone interview was very routine. The recruiter just wanted to know about my experience and asked 2 behavioral questions. She was pleased with my background and answers and scheduled me for an in-person interview for the very next day. That interview had more behavioral questions and a role play. A few hours after my interview I received a phone call saying I got the job!

Interview Question – The role play was unexpected. I had to pretend that a customer called in asking to have their late fee waived.   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Portfolio Manager

Interviewed at Capital One

Interview Details – 3 online tests, panel interview with behavioral questions. Met with CIO and 2 other VP of the area the job. Each interview lasted 45 mins with 15 mins of my questions. About 5 questions per person. Mostly behavioral type questions.

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

I interviewed at Capital One in June 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively straightforward with an initial phone screening by the interviewer before proceeding to a phone interview with the hiring manager. From there, candidates were required to take online assessment tests. After passing all of these stages it was time for the onsite interview which was also straightforward. Candidates had to answer a variety of job-fit questions and behavioral interview style questions. Overall the process was painless and the people were all very helpful and accommodating.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a dishonest coworker. What did you do.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Capital One in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on 6/1 had a phone interview on 6/2 and scheduled an in person interview for 6/3. Interview was fantastic. Prepare for basic behavioral questions and a short face-to-face role play that made me nervous but it was really easy. They kept reiterating that the pay starts at 11.93. Am hoping to be offered more based on experience, but even though I got my offer today 6/6, I still don't know what my pay will be. And they make you choose your post training schedule when they offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a demanding customer.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you received negative customer feedback and how you grew from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I don't know how much I'm getting paid. They told me over and over that this is entry-level and that it starts at 11.93. I get my offer email Monday so we'll see.

IT Director Interview

IT Director
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in May 2014.

Interview Details – The overall process was fair. HR/Recruiting was very professional. They have a great space on campus for the interviews.

- HR screen
- phone screen
- online aptitude tests
- on-campus aptitude tests
- on-campus interview - 1-2 Behavioral | 1-2 Job Fit | 1 Case Study

Interview Question – Questions are fair and relevant to candidate's experience and applied-for position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do not settle for less. Demand a signing bonus of 5-10% of your salary (for non-execs). Don't accept the, "we reward good performance, so taking less now won't hurt you later."

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was OK. Managers was new at managing. They came from Grocery stores and other wierd jobs that has nothing to do with credit cards or banking. Did not know how to interview. Asked if I had kids.

Negotiation Details – Not good.

Very Easy Interview

SENIOR PRODUCTION OPERATIONS Representative Interview

SENIOR PRODUCTION OPERATIONS Representative
Glen Allen, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Capital One in August 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview with recruiter just going over your resume making sure your a good fit for the job and company. Face to face once you make it pass the recruiter on capital one west creek campus normally takes about an thirty minutes to an Hour.

Interview Question – Please talk to a situation where you dealt with an irate customer how did you handle it? Please tell me your strong attributes and tell me areas you feel you need improvement on.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – Met at on-campus career fair and submitted resume. Resume was sufficient to earn a first-round interview on my university's campus. Passed that and was invited to an interview at their Richmond, Virginia location. They paid for my flight there and back and my meals. The interview day at Richmond consisted of 3 interviews - 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral. The behavioral was just like any other job interview. The case interviews consisted of math problems involving various topics from credit card rates to life insurance. The interviewer is there to help you through the problem with any questions, but it is important to keep your work organized and not get stuck in one area.

Interview Question – Case question about call times. Constantly translating numbers into minutes or hours was a little confusing, but not too bad.   Answer Question

Principal Operations Analyst Interview

Principal Operations Analyst
Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in May 2014.

Interview Details – After the initial case study over phone, I was called to Richmond for a day long process. The arrangements were excellent, from flight reservation to hotel to transportation.

The interview day had 4 interviews- two behavioural and two case studies. I think I underestimated the behavioral interviews and did'nt go well prepared. The 1st case study on reward points was quite tough and I screwed it up under pressure. The second one on call center was easy though and I think I nailed that.

But obviously, you need to do well in both the case study as well as the behavioral.

So, prepare hard for behavioral, practice your responses with your friends/ well-wishers and ask if your responses sound convincing.

I did not make it but I thought I got a fair chance.

Interview Question – The case study on rewards points. I am not allowed to disclose the questions.   Answer Question