Capital One

1,122 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Interviewed at Capital One

Interview Details – There was a screening interview on campus that was a basic case interview and pretty straightforward. I found out later that day that I moved on to the next round. I was invited to a "Power Day" at the Richmond office and had two case interviews and one behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to learn something new in order to accomplish something? (They wanted an answer other than learning a new software or coding language).   Answer Question

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Capital One in July 2012.

Interview Details – Be prepared for a three to four month process. Between the initial phone interview, the online testing and then the in-person "Power Day" it can be a long haul.

Interview Question – The interviews are a series of 50 minute conversations with three or four different people. They basically all end up asking you the same kinds of "behavioral" interview questions - "tell me about a time when . . . " Be prepare with a lot of good examples from your past experiences.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. I was offer the position and salary from an internal recruiter who was not authorized to negotiate.

Teller I Interview

Sterling, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in May 2013.

Interview Details – You start with a phone conversation with a recruiter. Mine was very nice and had previously worked at the same company that I had just left. If you are good with people and good with money and questionnaires you should not have much difficulty getting to this stage and then the final interview. In my case I interviewed with two branch managers from my district.

Interview Question – How would you handle not hitting your monthly sales goal?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

Interview Details – Capital One has a great interviewing process. Cases are very quantitative, and behavioral interviews are typical. Everyone you meet will be genuinely excited to have you there.

Interview Question – Cases are very quantitative, so keep in that mindset as you go through   Answer Question

Statistician Intern Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Capital One in March 2014.

Interview Details – Just did phone technical screening, waiting for the second round interview. Very formal interview procedures including time slot choosing, and they will tell you the exact person you will going to talk to. phone screening: 1. your basic background 2. he ask questions 3. do you have questions for me.

Interview Question – 1/Business case: 5000 alumni samples, 1000 variables, ask for the whole procedure to build the model. Then he asked model validation( over fitting, assumptions...)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – The entire Capital One recruiting team was great, very responsive to e-mails and answering any and all questions. First interview was on campus which just consisted of a short door greeting followed by a standard behavioral interview. Followed up very quickly by offering a second interview on their campus. This second interview took place over the course of an afternoon, which included a guided tour, lunch and a room for each candidate which posed as your home base so to speak for the three interviews that followed. This included a behavioral, job-fit and case study interview. The interviewers themselves were some of the best I have ever had-all very down to earth and responsive to normal dialogue rather than strictly reading from their prompt.

Interview Question – The case study was by design the hardest question, but not anything that you have not seen in any class prior.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

Interview Details – They flew me out to their campus. The night before the interview there was a really relaxed question and answer session. The day of the interview we were taken from the hotel and given a tour of the campus. After the tour and some lunch the interview began. There are 3 interviews, a case interview, a behavior interview, and a job fit interview.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was the coding questions. They asked about what a certain line of code did and then they had me code a sorting algorithm or sorts. I was asked to code a function that would find the first none repeated letter.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I had another offer that was closer to family. If it were not for that factor I would have chosen Capital One.

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's job search software. I had an initial on-campus 1:1 case interview. After passing this initial round, I was flown to the Capital One office at Richmond, VA, where I had a "Power Day": three interviews over the course of three hours. I had two case interviews and one behavioral interview. Each interview is forty-five minutes long, with an additional forty-five minute break in between two of the interviews. After my round of interviews, I was given a tour of the office and lunch, and was flown back to my university the same day. Their review process is very fast; I was contacted with an offer the next business day.

Interview Question – I was asked how I applied my skills to persuade a group of people to agree with my point of view.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in November 2012.

Interview Details – This is a full day process. You'll meet with 4 folks minimum if lucky. HR, Behavioral, Motivational, your new manager. Each will have a set of questions, expect 1 hour or more per person, and if lucky, you are assigned an office for the day of questioning. Usually there are 4 to 6 others being reviewed by the team at the same time. At the end, the 4 interviewers will rate you. ya or nay. but before you get this wonderful experience, you'll have 2 hour timed test. Best of luck

Interview Question – If you were a tree, what would you be?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, heard back within 4 weeks. Invited down to power day. 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview. Case interviews were about Capital One business situations.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult in particular. Make sure you know how to do a case interview.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital One