Capital One

Capital One Manager Interview Questions

3.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Very difficult.

Interview Questions
  • Case interview question. Had several. Was given some percentages, sime stats, and some information. Had to walk through solution, create graph and create equation for profit in front of interviewer. Had to do this 3 times.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One in September 2013.

Phone interview, online test, on site interview. The on site interview include case interview, job fit interview, and behavior interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in March 2009.

Case interview was very industry specific and they relied heavily on case interview performance in determing whether to give offer. Of the three people I interviewed with, one was nice, one was aloof and one was a jerk.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview about economics of credit card collections.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in April 2012.

My initial interview was with an HR recruiter - a basic telephone screening. Based on that, she set up a telephone interview with the hiring manager. Once that hurdle was cleared, I took the mandatory Capital One assessment tests - SHL type Verbal and Numerical Reasoning and a Personality test. They were much harder than I expected but thankfully I passed. The next step is an onsite interview at the campus in Richmond - I'll post an update once that takes place.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One.

Everyone needs to pass a test that is adjusted to the level of position you are applying for and leads to face-to-face interviews.
    2 behavioral interviews, one case study and interviews by hiring manager and the group who's hiring. The hiring manager/group has the final word, even if you don't do so great on the behavioral and case interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The case: profitability of credit cards. Not hard itself but stressful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in July 2011.

You will apply and talk to recruiters that are either new to the company or are a contractor from outside. They are very slow to respond. If you apply to a position and it gets filled, your application will not carry over to the new available requisition. You should apply again. The interview process is relatively easy if you have management experience. Don't think the person interviewing you has a lot of interviewing experience though. They read a lot of questions from a script.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know about your behaviors. Learn a coaching model   View Answer
    They try to lowball you. Never give them a salary range up front. Ask for the best offer. Then always negotiate for 5k more. I received 2500 which is what I expected.

Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in July 2010.

Skills test over internet. Then a one-one with four interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • A case question on credit card industry   View Answer

Manager Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter followed by online assessment and then phone interview with hiring manager. Next step was "power day" of interviews on site. I am currently employed in another city, and the recruiter was difficult to work with to schedule the appointment. She told me it would likely be one of two dates and to save the dates but I never heard from her. Then it was supposed to be the following week but again... nothing. All the while, I was trying to keep my schedule free at my current job, which was not easy. She finally called me and apologized for the delays and said they wanted to bring me in less than 48 hours later, which I could not do due to the logistics of getting to their office as well as my existing work obligations. (she did not offer to help with travel arrangements) Apparently they wanted to bring all candidates in on the same day. While everyone I spoke with was friendly, I wish they could've been more flexible with scheduling the interview.

Interview Questions
    • not a specific question but: short notice for interviews   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One.

Very Long and very indecisive. After 2 months still no decision . Sent follow up email and no response. I dont think they are very responsive and have to many people applying for a vey limited amount of positions

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview process started with a leadership test and a math test (very difficult). Next phase involved multiple behavioral interviews which may or may not include a job-fit interview. Then I ended my interview process with an interview very much focused on analytical thinking (think of it as one math, word problem). The most difficult part of my process had to do with negotiating salary and relocation money with the recruiter. My advice is to get as much as you can upfront because this could be the last time you as an employee are in the driver's seat.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was probably the part of my interview process that focused on analytical thinking (the math, word problem).   Answer Question