Capital One Network Security Architect Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Network Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in April 2013.

Overall, it was a decent, albeit lengthy, process. As others have noted, there is an assessment test that reminded me very much of Birkman assessment. If you pass that, then you take a reading assessment and a math assessment. The recruiter did provide a link to sample tests. IMHO the sample reading test was much harder than the actual test itself. The math test wasn't difficult, except for the time factor (both tests are timed).

Assuming you pass the reading and math assessments, you move on to a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then to an in-person interview.

The in-person interview was in Richmond, and consisted of 4 one-hour long interviews. One was a case study, one job fit w/ hiring manager, two behavioural interviews (where the STAR question responses come in handy).

The case study was no problem. If you read the sample links regarding case studies provided by the recruiter, you should be aware that those are much more difficult than the in-person case study.

The recruiter did a great job of keeping in-touch. There was a significant (~ 3 week) lag from the interview date and the offer. Overall, it was a positive experience. One factor that likely contributed to the delay was the position location. Although the job posting indicated the position was in McLean, VA, during the phone interview the hiring manager indicated that they had two positions to fill, one could be in either McLean or Richmond, and the other needed to be in Richmond, and asked if I could relocate to Richmond. Relocation wasn't an option for me.

The interviewers were very pleasant. I had plenty of opportunity to ask questions of each interviewer after we got through the mandatory questions they had to ask me.

Interview Questions
  • Business case involved consolidating the number of welcome packets for the different credit card types they offer. It wasn't hard... knowledge of gant charts very helpful to have to get through this one. Business case is meant to be interactive, so if you get stuck, the interviewer will point you in the right direction.   Answer Question
I did not negotiate