Capital One Interview Questions in New Orleans, LA

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.6

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

The interview was very easy. I was hired with little experience. I was only 19 years old just starting college. The recruiter asked me a few questions about other experiences on the job and I was offered the job that same day. The whole process took three days from my initial phone interview to scheduling the formal interview. The following week I was in training.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

I apply online, few days later they called for phone interview. The recruiter is gave information about the hours and salary before start the interview. the question is regarding the behavioral case based on my previous experience. within couple days after the phone interview the recruiter arrange for on site interview with two managers. and the question are still the same with the phone interview, the interviewers are very nice. Few hours after they called me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Based on your experience how you explain of complicated company policy to the customer? also, above and beyond customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me more than what we agreed on the phone interview.

Commercial Banking Summery Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

I applied through my University's career services website. After applying online, I was emailed to come to attend final round interviews. The interview consisted of two behavioral interviews, one job fit interview, and a case interview.

Interview Questions

• The case interview involved basic questions about financial statements. Also had to analyze a company's financial statement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating as an intern

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Interview process is very easy. After you apply online, a recruiter from out of town contacts you to set up a phone interview. Questions are pretty simple. Mostly behavorial questions. If you pass this, which most of the time you will, you are sent on a face to face interview which is easy as well. They are always hiring because they are always firing. So it's not a hard process. At some point there is a online assessment to take. I can't remember distinctly, but I believe it's before the recruiter contacts you.

Negotiation

I was satisfied with what they offered.

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA) in August 2012.

Interview

Started with an initial screening by HR. Then I was sent 2 online assessments to take over the weekend. Apparently I passed and HR contacted me the next week to set up a first round phone interview. A week later I heard back that there would be a second round of phone interviews, consisting of 2 other managers. About 2-3 weeks went by and I was contacted again to set up 3rd round in-person interviews. The phone interviews seemed to cover more technical aspects, while the face to face interviews were much more laid-back and conversational in style. I definitely had the feeling that I was "auditioning" them as much as they were auditioning me, which always put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• I guess the most difficult/unexpected question was "What part of this job do you think may be a struggle for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just negotiated my start date and it went pretty smooth

Treasury Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA) in April 2012.

Interview

After applying online I was sent an assessment via email. The assessment consisted of two sets of personality questions and then one set of applied math questions. The applied math section was mostly mid to upper level college economics. The whole assessment took about three hours. I then received a second interview in the New Orleans office. I interviewed with three separate Capital One employees. There were at least two others in consideration for the same job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer and them accept or decline.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was asked to answer some questions on basic accounting skills and then took a written case study. The case study consisted of less than ten questions about the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement of a company. I do not remember the questions in full detail but a candidate with basic accounting skills would have answered no problem.

Interview Questions

• All questions were about the income statement, balance sheet and cash flows.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to learn a new skill   Answer Question