Capital One

Updated Jun 6, 2014

3.8

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Met at on-campus career fair and submitted resume. Resume was sufficient to earn a first-round interview on my university's campus. Passed that and was invited to an interview at their Richmond, Virginia location. They paid for my flight there and back and my meals. The interview day at Richmond consisted of 3 interviews - 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral. The behavioral was just like any other job interview. The case interviews consisted of math problems involving various topics from credit card rates to life insurance. The interviewer is there to help you through the problem with any questions, but it is important to keep your work organized and not get stuck in one area.

Interview Questions
  • Case question about call times. Constantly translating numbers into minutes or hours was a little confusing, but not too bad.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Behavioral interview and case

Interview Questions
    • Math case. During the case, KEEP YOUR NOTES ORGANIZED. if you have to go back to a previous calculation, it must be easy to find partial answers.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One.

Applied through campus recruiting and was given an on campus interview. It was a case interview that involved credit card rates and whether to offer a special credit card for my school's alumni.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

on campus, business case study questions about three questions. They were not that hard but were pretty confusing. The interviewer wanted you to explain your thought process while you attempting to answer the question which was pretty difficult to do. After the case study questions the interviewer answered the questions I had and said that he would get back to me. I knew I didnt do very well in the interview but they never got back to me which later I learned that it's a common thing to do. Oh well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One in March 2014.

Applied through the careers services at the university. Was contacted by a recruiter to tell me to set up an on campus interview. Passed the on campus interview and was asked to travel to Richmond for the next round of interviews called a "Power Day". Was put up in a hotel and taken care of, had 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview. Managed to not pass those and that was the end of my interview process. Turn around time was 72 hours after interviewing for their decision.

Interview Questions
    • They asked case interview questions and asked us not to talk about the details of the cases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

This was a case interview. I was given a business type scenario where I was told about two types of customers and had to use business intuition to figure out which customer was more profitable, risky etc. I then had to answer two quantitative questions. After that, I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Figuring out what total a cost percentage needed to be applied to.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

Started with an on campus inteview-one case interview lasting 30 minutes. Next step was on-site interview which consisted of 3 case interviews and 1 behavorial interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in November 2013.

First interview was phone style. Call centers in US and phillipines. US 400 agents, capacity 600, $30/hr, 15call/hr. Phillipines 200 agents, Capacity 600, $15/hr, 10 calls/hr. Calculate total cost. Next question maximize the US capacity if next year we would get 10M more calls.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One.

Two case questions and one behavioral. After lunch they asked some of us to stay for a third round. I got another case question. Behavioral was very easy. Case questions start with easy math problems then get harder, and my interviewer seemed to get bored. Definitely talk out loud and know your math because it is more math based, and they did not ask me as much conceptual questions.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you foresaw a problem and took preventative measures?   View Answer

Operation Analyst Interview

The interview is a case interview. The question is mainly about ATM location choosing. The recruiter will provide cost structures. Cost structure is about fees charged per transaction and transmission fees for off premise. For on premise there will be no variable cost. Fixed cost include rent and depreciation