Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.8

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Met at on-campus career fair and submitted resume. Resume was sufficient to earn a first-round interview on my university's campus. Passed that and was invited to an interview at their Richmond, Virginia location. They paid for my flight there and back and my meals. The interview day at Richmond consisted of 3 interviews - 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral. The behavioral was just like any other job interview. The case interviews consisted of math problems involving various topics from credit card rates to life insurance. The interviewer is there to help you through the problem with any questions, but it is important to keep your work organized and not get stuck in one area.

Interview Questions
  • Case question about call times. Constantly translating numbers into minutes or hours was a little confusing, but not too bad.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Capital One in March 2014.

Applied through the careers services at the university. Was contacted by a recruiter to tell me to set up an on campus interview. Passed the on campus interview and was asked to travel to Richmond for the next round of interviews called a "Power Day". Was put up in a hotel and taken care of, had 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview. Managed to not pass those and that was the end of my interview process. Turn around time was 72 hours after interviewing for their decision.

Interview Questions
    • They asked case interview questions and asked us not to talk about the details of the cases.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Behavioral interview and case

Interview Questions
    • Math case. During the case, KEEP YOUR NOTES ORGANIZED. if you have to go back to a previous calculation, it must be easy to find partial answers.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One.

Applied through campus recruiting and was given an on campus interview. It was a case interview that involved credit card rates and whether to offer a special credit card for my school's alumni.

Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Capital One in March 2013.

Consists of one phone case interview, three on-site case interviews and behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • When the quantitative case interviews become qualitative.   Answer Question

Pursued other opportunities

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Capital One.

on campus, business case study questions about three questions. They were not that hard but were pretty confusing. The interviewer wanted you to explain your thought process while you attempting to answer the question which was pretty difficult to do. After the case study questions the interviewer answered the questions I had and said that he would get back to me. I knew I didnt do very well in the interview but they never got back to me which later I learned that it's a common thing to do. Oh well.

Anonymous Employee  in  College Park, MD
    Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

This was a case interview. I was given a business type scenario where I was told about two types of customers and had to use business intuition to figure out which customer was more profitable, risky etc. I then had to answer two quantitative questions. After that, I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Figuring out what total a cost percentage needed to be applied to.   Answer Question

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in June 2013.

4 scheduled interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some operations Q that did not make sense. I asked for clarification but the interviewer just said that's all. I asked other interviewers and they didn't have any idea what he was talking about either. Bad communication.   Answer Question

OAs and BAs that gave us orientation were immature. The whole company felt like a frat house.

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in October 2012.

The recruiter that I dealt with was very responsive and quick to respond on questions and concerns. The process that I went through was a 1:1 interview on campus that involved both a behavioral portion and a small case, though the case was more like a series of mathematical word problems than a typical case interview. For the second round, they put us up in a hotel by their headquarters and put us through a blitz day, consisting of tours, 2 additional case interviews and another behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Case question involving credit card risk. Algebra intensive, we were given math problems and asked to solve them   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in November 2013.

First interview was phone style. Call centers in US and phillipines. US 400 agents, capacity 600, $30/hr, 15call/hr. Phillipines 200 agents, Capacity 600, $15/hr, 10 calls/hr. Calculate total cost. Next question maximize the US capacity if next year we would get 10M more calls.

Interview Questions

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!