Capital One

Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions

3.8

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One.

The hiring process started with a 30-minute, 30-question quantitative skills test. Should you get acceptable scores here, up next are a couple rounds of case interviews, designed to test your reasoning abilities. Nothing too exceptional here, and I was able to work through the cases extremely quickly. There was also a round of classic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • Don't remember, though one of the cases had to do with pizza delivery truck routing.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

There is an online application to be filled out initially, typically found through the university's career services. Next is an on-campus interview. It is one case interview, after which they typically inform you very quickly if you move on to the next round of interviews. The next and final round is an on-site interview that includes two cases and a behavioral interview with the potential for a third case at the end.

Interview Questions
    • The case interviews can be tricky, but as long as you pay close attention to your work, they are very doable.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Round 1: Located at my university and included a 1 on 1 interview case study where I had to solve a business problem using math and logic. It wasn't too difficult but they did not ask me many questions about myself. They really wanted to see how my brain worked.

Round 2: (at their campus) I was at an interview day with about 10 other candidates who were interviewing for internships and full time positions for all of the different analyst positions. We were separated into separate rooms and interviewers rotated between our rooms. There was a personality interview as well as a few case studies. After the interviews all of the candidates received a tour of the campus, which is very impressive, and ate lunch. After lunch is the "optional interview" where you don't know if you will get asked another question. My recruiter told me that they only keep you for more questions if they need more details about you to make a decision. I was not asked to stay for additional questions and received a phone call the next morning from my recruiter with the companies decision.

Interview Questions
    • Know that is is okay to ask questions and talk to your interviewer through the case study. They want to know how you think and not just that you can get the correct answer.   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One.

The interview process consisted of 2 case interviews and a behaviour interview.

First case interview consisted of credit card promotion marketing techniques; direct mail and telemarketing. Choosing the one that is more profitable for the business.

Second case consisted of acquisition of shipping company, breakeven volumes and price analysis.

Interview Questions
    • None, the interviewers are helpful throughout the process   Answer Question

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in June 2013.

4 scheduled interview.

Interview Questions
    • Some operations Q that did not make sense. I asked for clarification but the interviewer just said that's all. I asked other interviewers and they didn't have any idea what he was talking about either. Bad communication.   Answer Question

OAs and BAs that gave us orientation were immature. The whole company felt like a frat house.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in April 2013.

Interviewed in Richmond, VA. Two case studies and one behavioral. One case is about the credit card, how to earn profit and what are the costs, what if clients don't pay, interest rate increase/decrease, credit line increase/decrease. Second is about grain shipping company, some influential factors, like weather, fuel prices.

Interview Questions
    • Cases. Some factors will change as the variable changes. Pay attention to this.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

I saw the posting on my University's Career site, I then sent a follow up email to the recruiter. She then let me know in that she wanted to have a phone case style interview. (about a week)

I had the phone case style interview. The interviewer was very nice and reassuring over the phone. He asked me about paperless banking. First he asked how we would get more customers to join paperless billing. We then talked about incentives. If we send out 100,000 emails. two plans 1. 50,000 20% response rate and $4 credit and 2. 50,000 30% $10 credit.
    we save lifetime $12 on people the switch how much do we make.
    I was then asked to calculate the break even response rate for the $10 credit email.

Interview Questions
    • They sent me a rejection email but I never got it. I followed up with the recruiter and she was like. Oh I sent you a rejection email. You never go it?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

The first interview was a case interview. The manager interviewing me had a background in engineering so I feel like we approached the problem in completely different ways. He seemed to me like a huge bully and was very short with me if I proposed a solution he didn't like. Creativity was not what he was looking for at all. The way he presented the problem and phrased questions was completely confusing to me. When I was asking further questions about the position his answers made me feel like he didn't want me there and was trying to discourage me from continuing in the process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you reach out to potential customers?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One in March 2013.

Consists of one phone case interview, three on-site case interviews and behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • When the quantitative case interviews become qualitative.   Answer Question

Pursued other opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One.

Took online behavioral test and online math-type test. Never had a phone interview. Was invited to an on-site interview. Consisted of 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Calculate break-even interest rate for certain values that were provided   Answer Question