Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

3.5

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

Started with a personality test. Once you pass that you move on to a congitive reasoning math and verbal exam online. Once passing that you get setup for a power day onsite. This consisted of a partial math reasoning exam, 2 case studies and 2 bahvioral interviews. The day is grueling and they take pride in their process. It seems that the process hinges on the case studies and I would recommend practicing as much as possible on algebra concepts as well as any case studies you can. It is a great experience but not one to take lightly.

Interview Questions

• Case study involving a decision about marketing costs for credit cards   Answer Question
  • case study involving call centers - this one was very difficult   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was made with minimal negotiation necessary

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

Had to take a math and verbal test online before offered final interview. Final interview consisted of two case study and one behavioral. Case study were consisted of easy math an you get to use a calculator. One case study was relevant to their business while the other was more general. Each case starts off with qualitative answers and builds to the quantitative stuff. Make sure to talk out loud and the caser is typically helpful if you find yourself getting stuck.

Interview Questions

• trying to digest in numbers they give you quickly into a formulated answer an equation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2008.

Interview

The interview process is very efficient. I applied through career services at my university and was asked to complete a skills test. The test was taken on campus, but I do believe Capital One does this online now. After passing the test. I was invited to an interview on the university campus. The cases are not hard, but not easy either. Make sure you look at the practice case on Capital One's website before going to the interview. After about three days, Capital One sent the email inviting me to final rounds at their corporate campus in Richmond deemed a powerday. The powerday consisted of 2 case interviews similar to the case taken at school and a behavioral interview. After lunch, they may or may not take you in for another case. It depends on how well you did on the first two cases.

Interview Questions

• You have the choice between using first class or third class mail for a letter you are sending out to potential customers. First class costs $0.50 per piece and reach 100% of potential customers. Third class costs $0.40 per piece and reaches 80% of potential customers. Which do you use?   8 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2007.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. It began on campus with a quantitative exam with questions relating charts/figures with meaning, and was later followed up with a behavioral/small case interview (also on campus), and then ended with a series of 1-on-1 case studies on site. I felt that the process was fair and complete. HR was very friendly and accommodating. They contacted me within a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were a number of case studies, all of them relating mathematical equations/charts/solutions with physical meaning. They were fairly straightforward.   Answer Question