Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

59 interviews

3.8

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in August 2011.

Applied for position listed on career website. Next day heard back from recruiter requesting that i complete assessment. It was basically like the GMAT. I passed that and was contacted to come in for a "Power Day" where I interveiw with 3 people. One interview was a behavioral interview and the other two were case study's. I did well on the behavioral and one case interview. Messed up the final case stupidly. That was it. Informed within 5 days that I would not continue on with the process.

Interview Questions
  • how many feet tall is an elphant on stiltz who see's a mouse?   Answer Question
  • tell me about a time you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in April 2013.

Interviewed in Richmond, VA. Two case studies and one behavioral. One case is about the credit card, how to earn profit and what are the costs, what if clients don't pay, interest rate increase/decrease, credit line increase/decrease. Second is about grain shipping company, some influential factors, like weather, fuel prices.

Interview Questions
    • Cases. Some factors will change as the variable changes. Pay attention to this.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

I saw the posting on my University's Career site, I then sent a follow up email to the recruiter. She then let me know in that she wanted to have a phone case style interview. (about a week)

I had the phone case style interview. The interviewer was very nice and reassuring over the phone. He asked me about paperless banking. First he asked how we would get more customers to join paperless billing. We then talked about incentives. If we send out 100,000 emails. two plans 1. 50,000 20% response rate and $4 credit and 2. 50,000 30% $10 credit.
    we save lifetime $12 on people the switch how much do we make.
    I was then asked to calculate the break even response rate for the $10 credit email.

Interview Questions
    • They sent me a rejection email but I never got it. I followed up with the recruiter and she was like. Oh I sent you a rejection email. You never go it?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Capital One.

The first interview was a case interview. The manager interviewing me had a background in engineering so I feel like we approached the problem in completely different ways. He seemed to me like a huge bully and was very short with me if I proposed a solution he didn't like. Creativity was not what he was looking for at all. The way he presented the problem and phrased questions was completely confusing to me. When I was asking further questions about the position his answers made me feel like he didn't want me there and was trying to discourage me from continuing in the process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you reach out to potential customers?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2012.

Applied online and received notification via email to take an online assessment test. The test consists of questions for analytics, ethical and rational practices. After completion of that step I received a phone call that I would interview on campus. The interview was 1:1 and consisted of a case to work through numerically and ask what I would do in the end. My interviewer said I answered the case correctly and that he would be glad to see me at Capital One. Three days later I received a rejection email.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in March 2012.

Applied to Capital One through my school. Was asked to take a reading/math assessment. The Assessment was challenging but not impossible. The time goes buy very quickly while youre trying to interpret the questions. Was invited to a case interview that while was not extremely difficult, made you think and was intimidating at times due to the information given to you. Could have done better but it was my first one and it did not go as smoothly as i would have hoped.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in January 2012.

I found out about the position through my school and was asked to take an online assessment which consisted of personality, verbal, and math/chart reading skills. I then had a case interview later that week which was not too challenging (they asked me to calculate a breakeven for different credit card users). Two weeks later I flew out to Richmond where i had 3 case interviews and one behavioral interview. The cases were challenging and I got stuck on a few parts.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral questions. (Ex. Tell me about a time where you disagreed with your team)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One in October 2011.

The case interview is fairly easy I found. However, if you stumble in any manner at all you will not be invited back for a 2nd interview even if you have completed the case correctly. The real problem is the 2nd interviews. There are 3 more case interviews and a behavioral interview in one day. It is quite grueling and mentally exhausting.

Interview Questions
    • What recommendation would you make based on the previous data?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Capital One.

Capital One booked a train down to Richmond, VA for the interview. Went on a tour of the campus, met with other employees who explained different career paths. The first day consisted of a mostly casual meet and greet. Second day featured three case interviews and two behavioral interviews. The behavioral interviews were standard, questions about leadership, working as a team, etc. Case interviews were fun and challenging, be sure to practice different business scenarios based on efficiency and cost effectiveness.

Interview Questions
    • One of the case interview questions revolved around improving the business model of a ferry crossing a river in regards to changing traffic and cost scenarios. They were looking for strategic thinking to find ways to make the ferry business more efficient.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2012.

Initially took a test online which was fairly easy. Then had an interview on campus which consisted of one case interview. Flew out to Richmond, VA for two days had dinner with current employees and then had three interviews (one behavioral and two case).