Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

3.8

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capital One in May 2011.

Interview

I got a call from HR asking me to take a online personality and GMAT test. I did that and got a call back telling that I did not pass the assesment.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very comfrotable. I felt likea movie star. I got picked upin a limo and putup at a five star hotel. Everyone was very nice. They did the usual behavioral interview looking for respnses that utilize the STAR response technique and some leadership experience. I aced that part. I messed up on the case interview. The key to an offer is to ace the case analysis. I though it was going to be easy, but they trake you thorough a word case that asks you to jump back and forth between quantitative comoutations and qualitative business ideas. Then at the end, they ask you to use whichever calulations you believe are relevant to solve a semicomplex math rpblem like a breakeven analysis, or to set up simultaneouse equations and solve for the perfect amount of certrain varuiables to maximize someting. The hardest part isfiguring out all this on your own(how to solve the problem) while having a verbal discussion with a manager at the firm. If you pass the case test, your pretty much in, and it is worht it.They start ops analysts at around 60K and 10K signing bonus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work on a team with someone you did not get along with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

First part was an online basic math test, second part was two 1:1 case interviews about business problems. Problems are very specific, mid-level algebra is necessary, and factors will change over the course of the case, and you will have to be able to support your assertions in the face of changing facts (or change your answers).

Interview Questions

• Case interview related to reducing credit card limits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2007.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. It began on campus with a quantitative exam with questions relating charts/figures with meaning, and was later followed up with a behavioral/small case interview (also on campus), and then ended with a series of 1-on-1 case studies on site. I felt that the process was fair and complete. HR was very friendly and accommodating. They contacted me within a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• There were a number of case studies, all of them relating mathematical equations/charts/solutions with physical meaning. They were fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

On the cases it is definitely worth your time to take your time. Think things through because I eventually got the right answers but only after prodding from the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something you were working on didn't go according to plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Initially took a test online which was fairly easy. Then had an interview on campus which consisted of one case interview. Flew out to Richmond, VA for two days had dinner with current employees and then had three interviews (one behavioral and two case).

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One in April 2012.

Interview

one behavioral, two case interviews. they interview tons of students from across the nation so try to be prepared as possible for the case interviews. the company culture seems extremely relaxed. talking to the employees (at least the younger ones), they seem to talk a lot about how little work they do.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received notification via email to take an online assessment test. The test consists of questions for analytics, ethical and rational practices. After completion of that step I received a phone call that I would interview on campus. The interview was 1:1 and consisted of a case to work through numerically and ask what I would do in the end. My interviewer said I answered the case correctly and that he would be glad to see me at Capital One. Three days later I received a rejection email.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied to Capital One through my school. Was asked to take a reading/math assessment. The Assessment was challenging but not impossible. The time goes buy very quickly while youre trying to interpret the questions. Was invited to a case interview that while was not extremely difficult, made you think and was intimidating at times due to the information given to you. Could have done better but it was my first one and it did not go as smoothly as i would have hoped.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

The case interview is fairly easy I found. However, if you stumble in any manner at all you will not be invited back for a 2nd interview even if you have completed the case correctly. The real problem is the 2nd interviews. There are 3 more case interviews and a behavioral interview in one day. It is quite grueling and mentally exhausting.

Interview Questions

• What recommendation would you make based on the previous data?   Answer Question