Capital One Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Step 1. Phone interview with recruiter
Step 2. Online personality test and aptitude test
Step 3. Five interviews back to back. 2 were behavioral and 3 case interviews.

*Everyone was super duper nice.
*The whole HR and recruiting team was very helpful from the beginning. Told me how should I prepare and what should I expect on the interview day
* Case interviewers were very helpful BUT had a few communication issues as English is not my first language and wasn't my interviewers first language yet I managed to solve it/
* Behavioral interviews are very stream lined. You are asked 3 questions about your past experience and you have 40 minutes to answer them + Ask questions of your own.

I worked very hard for 2 months for this interview (in all).
- Practice as many tests as you can before online assessment
- Go over your resume and prepare stories for each job position
- Practice as many cases as you can with friends and family

Interview Questions

• I think I was very well prepared.   3 Answers

Negotiation

It was a reasonable offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Capital One booked a train down to Richmond, VA for the interview. Went on a tour of the campus, met with other employees who explained different career paths. The first day consisted of a mostly casual meet and greet. Second day featured three case interviews and two behavioral interviews. The behavioral interviews were standard, questions about leadership, working as a team, etc. Case interviews were fun and challenging, be sure to practice different business scenarios based on efficiency and cost effectiveness.

Interview Questions

• One of the case interview questions revolved around improving the business model of a ferry crossing a river in regards to changing traffic and cost scenarios. They were looking for strategic thinking to find ways to make the ferry business more efficient.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital One in April 2012.

Interview

one behavioral, two case interviews. they interview tons of students from across the nation so try to be prepared as possible for the case interviews.

the company culture seems extremely relaxed. talking to the employees (at least the younger ones), they seem to talk a lot about how little work they do.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Initially took a test online which was fairly easy. Then had an interview on campus which consisted of one case interview. Flew out to Richmond, VA for two days had dinner with current employees and then had three interviews (one behavioral and two case).

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

On the cases it is definitely worth your time to take your time. Think things through because I eventually got the right answers but only after prodding from the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something you were working on didn't go according to plan.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

one behavioral, two case interviews. a lot of number crunching in one case interview and more traditional consulting questions in another case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you learned something new in a project   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

First, there was an initial application through the company website. Then I was prompted via email to answer an online aptitude test. After I passed the aptitude test, I had a phone interview and was then asked to go for an onsite interview. Capital One paid for and arranged all travel and lodging costs. The first night was a dinner reception with a few current employees and other candidates. The following day consisted of 2 case interviews and one behavioral interview.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied to Capital One through my school. Was asked to take a reading/math assessment. The Assessment was challenging but not impossible. The time goes buy very quickly while youre trying to interpret the questions. Was invited to a case interview that while was not extremely difficult, made you think and was intimidating at times due to the information given to you. Could have done better but it was my first one and it did not go as smoothly as i would have hoped.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received notification via email to take an online assessment test. The test consists of questions for analytics, ethical and rational practices. After completion of that step I received a phone call that I would interview on campus. The interview was 1:1 and consisted of a case to work through numerically and ask what I would do in the end. My interviewer said I answered the case correctly and that he would be glad to see me at Capital One. Three days later I received a rejection email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

Interview

I heard about the internship position at my school--I went to the info session. I submitted my resume and was asked to complete the assessments online. After passing the assessments, I had a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty relaxed--she just wanted to get to know me and my background, etc. I then was scheduled for a fly out. The flyout was scheduled for 2 weeks after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great