Capital One

Updated Jun 6, 2014

3.8

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in October 2011.

The interview was a case study, very reasonable and down to earth. The entire staff, interviewer and recruiters were very nice

Interview Questions

i had received another offer closer to where i lived

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in November 2011.

2 Behavioral and 2 Case Interview. 1 post lunch Case Interview (total 3 Cases). All 3 cases were based on credit card business (defaults, recovery, comparing cards). Pretty straightforward cases and the interviewers were very helpful.

Make sure to go over all the cases listed on Glassdoor - you will probably get some variation of the already listed cases

I was told I passed the interview process the next day and after talking to my prospective manager, was extended an offer within a week

Interview Questions
    • Credit Card business (defaults, recovery incentives, customer segmentation, comparing cards and offers)   Answer Question
    Yes, they are willing to negotiate (location, base salary, benefits, bonuses, title/function).

Operation Analyst Interview

I submitted my application online through Capital One and was contacted a few days later asking me to take the online skills assessment exam. The exam consisted of questions about your personality, a verbal reasoning, and a quantitative reasoning exam. The verbal reasoning focused on reading comprehension and logic. The mathematical portion only requires basic algebra, but you can only spend on average 45 sec to one min on each problem. Essentially the exams are like the GMAT.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were problems based on interpreting graphs or charts. Usually these types of problems provide too much information and it becomes crucial to be able to find the data needed to solve the problem under a short time limit   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One in February 2012.

First, there was an initial application through the company website. Then I was prompted via email to answer an online aptitude test. After I passed the aptitude test, I had a phone interview and was then asked to go for an onsite interview. Capital One paid for and arranged all travel and lodging costs. The first night was a dinner reception with a few current employees and other candidates. The following day consisted of 2 case interviews and one behavioral interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in March 2012.

one behavioral, two case interviews. a lot of number crunching in one case interview and more traditional consulting questions in another case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you learned something new in a project   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in February 2012.

I heard about the internship position at my school--I went to the info session. I submitted my resume and was asked to complete the assessments online. After passing the assessments, I had a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty relaxed--she just wanted to get to know me and my background, etc. I then was scheduled for a fly out. The flyout was scheduled for 2 weeks after the phone interview.

Great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One in March 2014.

Applied through the careers services at the university. Was contacted by a recruiter to tell me to set up an on campus interview. Passed the on campus interview and was asked to travel to Richmond for the next round of interviews called a "Power Day". Was put up in a hotel and taken care of, had 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview. Managed to not pass those and that was the end of my interview process. Turn around time was 72 hours after interviewing for their decision.

Interview Questions
    • They asked case interview questions and asked us not to talk about the details of the cases.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One in March 2013.

Consists of one phone case interview, three on-site case interviews and behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • When the quantitative case interviews become qualitative.   Answer Question

Pursued other opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Capital One.

There is an online application to be filled out initially, typically found through the university's career services. Next is an on-campus interview. It is one case interview, after which they typically inform you very quickly if you move on to the next round of interviews. The next and final round is an on-site interview that includes two cases and a behavioral interview with the potential for a third case at the end.

Interview Questions
    • The case interviews can be tricky, but as long as you pay close attention to your work, they are very doable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

This was a case interview. I was given a business type scenario where I was told about two types of customers and had to use business intuition to figure out which customer was more profitable, risky etc. I then had to answer two quantitative questions. After that, I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Figuring out what total a cost percentage needed to be applied to.   Answer Question