Capital One Principal Data Analyst Interview Questions

Principal Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Online interview: Basic compsci and probability questions. Takes between 10-60 minutes. Phone interview: More of the same, a bit of experimental design. Gave me a model and asked for any criticism. Didn't make it past this stage.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Principal Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Submitted my resume to one representative at our campus job fair and got a phone interview later. Soon I was notified to go for an onsite interview at Wilmington, DE office. The onsite interview took a whole morning with 2 rounds of behavioral interviews and 2 rounds of case interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate since it is higher than my expectation already.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

The process is standard as others have mentioned. First I was contacted by HR by phone. Second, I completed the online test. Capital One provides useful resources to help you prepare for the test. Then, I was invited to Richmond for an on-site, which includes 2 behavioral and 2 case interviews. All the interviewers were senior managers who are familiar with the company and in the job family that I interviewed for, which is great. The interviewers were all very friendly and helpful. The behavioral interviews are straightforward, you just need to know your stories well. It's a good idea to prepare for the cases - I did not, but they let me know when I made a mistake. It's critical to keep communicating what you are thinking with the interviewer. After the on-site, I had two more phone interviews with hiring managers in the following week, and got the offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions