Capital One

www.capitalone.com

Capital One Senior Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 6, 2014

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Capital One in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on 6/1 had a phone interview on 6/2 and scheduled an in person interview for 6/3. Interview was fantastic. Prepare for basic behavioral questions and a short face-to-face role play that made me nervous but it was really easy. They kept reiterating that the pay starts at 11.93. Am hoping to be offered more based on experience, but even though I got my offer today 6/6, I still don't know what my pay will be. And they make you choose your post training schedule when they offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a demanding customer.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you received negative customer feedback and how you grew from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I don't know how much I'm getting paid. They told me over and over that this is entry-level and that it starts at 11.93. I get my offer email Monday so we'll see.

Very Easy Interview

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – Applied online and took the assessment which was straightforward but not too easy. Application status changed to "scheduling phone interview" a couple of days later, I then missed a call a couple of days after that from their recruiter, I called back the next day and had a very brief phone interview about my availability and more detailed description of job, we then set an in person interview for that week. The interview lasted about an hour and I spoke with two different hiring managers about the position. It was simple behavior questions and they wanted details about my skills that for the position. They were both really nice and easy to talk to! My application status was "scheduled for In person interview" the whole time until they called me a week later with an offer.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to tell a customer something difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't try to negotiate, I was fine with 14/hr.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Capital One in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very quick and easy, I went in for an interview during an open Job Fair. A alot of people showed up and they got you in and out within 10 minutes! VERY ORGANIZED!!

Interview Question – The interview was a breeze   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

Chesapeake, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capital One in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Wednesday, received a call from a recruiter on Thursday. He scheduled a phone interview for the next day, then scheduled in person interview for the following Tuesday. I received a call on Friday with a job offer. Filled out the paperwork for background/credit check on Monday, and received an email from the onboarding team on Tuesday saying I was hired and there was more paperwork for me to fill out before coming to work on my first day.

Interview Question – How would you handle an upset customer calling in because he is unable to log into his account online and make his payment?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. Although I have over 11 yrs of customer service experience in a call center setting, they were firm on the offer and would not negotiate.

Senior Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Capital One in August 2012.

Interview Details – Filled out an application online, and was called by a hiring recruiter several months later. Scheduled a phone interview, which lasted around 25-30 minutes. After being told on the phone that I will be advancing to the next step in the interview process, he said he would give me a call when he talked to the manager's about the in-person interview availability. Received a call the next day from the same recruiter to pick an interview day. In person interview lasted around an hour, and was interviewed by two managers, separately.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to complete an assignment, with little or no direction   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very open and welcoming company. I generally get very nervous during the interview process, but this company made everything so laid back and enjoyable, I could wait to find out if I had been hired or not. I would've been very disappointed if I hadn't been hired.

Interview Question – Name a time at one of your past employers when a new process was introduced that you felt negatively about and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given everything up front in the interview and I wasn't choosy, so the negotiating factor was great for me

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!