Capital One

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in November 2012.

Interview Details – This is a full day process. You'll meet with 4 folks minimum if lucky. HR, Behavioral, Motivational, your new manager. Each will have a set of questions, expect 1 hour or more per person, and if lucky, you are assigned an office for the day of questioning. Usually there are 4 to 6 others being reviewed by the team at the same time. At the end, the 4 interviewers will rate you. ya or nay. but before you get this wonderful experience, you'll have 2 hour timed test. Best of luck

Interview Question – If you were a tree, what would you be?   Answer Question

Volo, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in October 2013.

Interview Details – Saw a posting on Linkedin. Applied online. Received call from recruiter, they asked to take an online test. Took the test, and recruiter called back and scheduled for on-site interview in Richmond.

Interview Question – The case study was most difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided to stay at current company.

Senior Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – First talked with HR Recruiter then took the online tests. They provided plenty of guidance on taking the exam. Next step was the onsite interview and again HR sent sample questions and recommended the STAR method for responding. Had an offer within 24 hours of the in person interview. Most of the delays were due to commitments at my current job

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. HR was good about providing some ideas of what to expect prior to the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base offer was fair. Was able to negotiate a sign on and some pre planned vacation time off

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – Initial Phone screen by HR followed by Phone screen with Hiring manager. Online Tests (Mini GMAT) followed by 1 day onsite interview.
Onsite interview includes Case Interview, Job Fit analysis and some behavioral interviews

Negotiation Details – It was okay & Straightforward. It lasted for around a week.

Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital One in April 2013.

Interview Details – I recently interviewed with Capital One. Very interesting interview process -- phone interviews and an online test (3 parts) broken into numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning, and personality assessment. It is nice to know that the company cares about bringing in bright people who pass certain criteria. I then went into the office for a half-day of interviews with 5 VP/SVP level leaders on the team who were all very friendly and helpful in answering my questions about the role, the company, and the city.

Interview Question – Verbal reasoning questions were difficult, tricky questions. Had to read through them each several times and ran short on time at the end of the test.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in May 2012.

Interview Details – Everyone was just a little weird and a little stuck up. Think of the girl in high school that got straight A's and couldn't wait for college where she could be appreciated, she now works at COF. Everyone there was very nice though. On a scale of 1:10 for people who I'd want to be friends with and a place I'd want to work for more than a year, I'd give them a 3.

Interview Questions

Plano, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in November 2011.

Interview Details – went through computer test, and then had an power day with 2 cases

Interview Question – dialer stats on AHT time, asa   View Answers (2)

Richmond, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in March 2011.

Interview Details – - Phone interview
- Online analytical and numerical assessments.
- On site - >job fit, case interview and 2 behavioral interviews.

Interview Question – Case interview - analysis of call center timings   View Answers (2)

Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in June 2011.

Interview Details – I got word of this job through some networking done by a former co-worker who is a current Capital One employee. He passed my resume on to the hiring manager, who in turn sent it over to HR. I was asked to take the online assessments for personality and verbal/math skills. After being notified that I was invited to Power Day, I had a series of two behavioral interviews and one fit interview. I did not have to perform any case interviews due to the position I applied for.

The interviewers were very professional and I am convinced that this is a good place to work. Unfortunately, I was not an exact fit for the job and did not receive an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone to see your point of view.   View Answers (3)

Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Capital One in September 2010.

Interview Details – This role was a bit of a stretch for me, but I felt I should apply. Capital One has a very rigorous process for interviewing. I had worked at Capital One as an FTE for about 4 years and just loved it, so looked to return full time.

The general structure of the interviews is as follows -

-There is usually a quick phone interview with an HR person making sure you fit the bill to some degree (background, experience, schooling, etc.)
-Then there will be a test. This test is a mix of several things. There is a math portion, personality portion, and other resoning skills
-Provided that one passes this test, he/she will be brought in for interviews which will consist of your standard 1 on 1 interview. THere will be two of these.
-There will also be two 1 on 1 interviews that are "case interviews." These are interviews where they look at one's problem solving and integrative thinking skills. This is the part where most people will be tripped up.
-COF will also look to "verify" your math test results by having you take a quick 10 question test on-site. Most people don't finish the test, but that by no means is an indication of failure.
-there is also an informal lunch with either the hiring manager or other associates. This isn't a FORMAL interview, but be prepared with questions about the role, the company, etc.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to go against the majority of your group in a work situation.   View Answer

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!