Capital One

Capital One Senior Manager Interview Questions

3.7

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in November 2012.

This is a full day process. You'll meet with 4 folks minimum if lucky. HR, Behavioral, Motivational, your new manager. Each will have a set of questions, expect 1 hour or more per person, and if lucky, you are assigned an office for the day of questioning. Usually there are 4 to 6 others being reviewed by the team at the same time. At the end, the 4 interviewers will rate you. ya or nay. but before you get this wonderful experience, you'll have 2 hour timed test. Best of luck

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Volo, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Volo, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in October 2013.

Saw a posting on Linkedin. Applied online. Received call from recruiter, they asked to take an online test. Took the test, and recruiter called back and scheduled for on-site interview in Richmond.

Interview Questions

Decided to stay at current company.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One.

Initial Phone screen by HR followed by Phone screen with Hiring manager. Online Tests (Mini GMAT) followed by 1 day onsite interview.
    Onsite interview includes Case Interview, Job Fit analysis and some behavioral interviews

It was okay & Straightforward. It lasted for around a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capital One in September 2010.

This role was a bit of a stretch for me, but I felt I should apply. Capital One has a very rigorous process for interviewing. I had worked at Capital One as an FTE for about 4 years and just loved it, so looked to return full time.

The general structure of the interviews is as follows -

-There is usually a quick phone interview with an HR person making sure you fit the bill to some degree (background, experience, schooling, etc.)
    -Then there will be a test. This test is a mix of several things. There is a math portion, personality portion, and other resoning skills
    -Provided that one passes this test, he/she will be brought in for interviews which will consist of your standard 1 on 1 interview. THere will be two of these.
    -There will also be two 1 on 1 interviews that are "case interviews." These are interviews where they look at one's problem solving and integrative thinking skills. This is the part where most people will be tripped up.
    -COF will also look to "verify" your math test results by having you take a quick 10 question test on-site. Most people don't finish the test, but that by no means is an indication of failure.
    -there is also an informal lunch with either the hiring manager or other associates. This isn't a FORMAL interview, but be prepared with questions about the role, the company, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go against the majority of your group in a work situation.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in June 2011.

I got word of this job through some networking done by a former co-worker who is a current Capital One employee. He passed my resume on to the hiring manager, who in turn sent it over to HR. I was asked to take the online assessments for personality and verbal/math skills. After being notified that I was invited to Power Day, I had a series of two behavioral interviews and one fit interview. I did not have to perform any case interviews due to the position I applied for.

The interviewers were very professional and I am convinced that this is a good place to work. Unfortunately, I was not an exact fit for the job and did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone to see your point of view.   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in March 2011.

- Phone interview
    - Online analytical and numerical assessments.
    - On site - >job fit, case interview and 2 behavioral interviews.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One in September 2011.

As typical with Capital One, first step was an online evaluation test (similar to a GMAT type test) on Math and Language skills. This was followed by a personality test. There are no right/wrong answers except that you answer honestly. Once cleared, they invite you in for a face-to-face interview.

This was 2 case studies and one behavioral interview. Case studies were on breakeven analysis of the credit card business and a conceptual analysis of a business acquisition. The breakeven analysis was to determine the threshold for keeping or eliminating a qualification step for credit card applicants.

The behavioral was a few questions: tell me about a time when you worked with someone (give examples about conflicts with that person, or how you overcame any vested interests in the task). Tell me about a time when you had to overcome some obstacle to complete your task. There was one more question I don't remember though.

They try to make the interview process standardized so that they can evaluate each candidate objectively. I think they are fairly successful at that. I don't know their evaluation criteria and they don't tell you why or where you fell short when rejecting your application.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview - tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle to fulfill your task.   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One in December 2011.

Pretty much as advertised, 2 case interviews, two behavioral interviews and a lunch with other applicants. I think the interviewers want you to talk through your reasoning during the case interviews. By asking clarifying questions throughout the interview, I knew I was on the right track.

Recruiting was fairly quick to get back with feedback letting me know they were hiring me.

Interview Questions
    Offer was fair and at market in my area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in November 2011.

went through computer test, and then had an power day with 2 cases

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One.

First talked with HR Recruiter then took the online tests. They provided plenty of guidance on taking the exam. Next step was the onsite interview and again HR sent sample questions and recommended the STAR method for responding. Had an offer within 24 hours of the in person interview. Most of the delays were due to commitments at my current job

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. HR was good about providing some ideas of what to expect prior to the interview   Answer Question
    Base offer was fair. Was able to negotiate a sign on and some pre planned vacation time off