Capital One

Capital One Senior Manager Interview Questions

3.7

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Interview will consist of a series of Behavioral Interviews to assess job fit, i.e. tell me a situation where you had... and hiring manager job fit.

Interview Questions
  • A self assessment is also required and you need to have a passing score   Answer Question
Brief

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capital One.

Very rigorous hiring process which includes testing.

Interview Questions
    Very quick and straight forward

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One in December 2011.

Pretty much as advertised, 2 case interviews, two behavioral interviews and a lunch with other applicants. I think the interviewers want you to talk through your reasoning during the case interviews. By asking clarifying questions throughout the interview, I knew I was on the right track.

Recruiting was fairly quick to get back with feedback letting me know they were hiring me.

Interview Questions
    Offer was fair and at market in my area.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One in September 2011.

As typical with Capital One, first step was an online evaluation test (similar to a GMAT type test) on Math and Language skills. This was followed by a personality test. There are no right/wrong answers except that you answer honestly. Once cleared, they invite you in for a face-to-face interview.

This was 2 case studies and one behavioral interview. Case studies were on breakeven analysis of the credit card business and a conceptual analysis of a business acquisition. The breakeven analysis was to determine the threshold for keeping or eliminating a qualification step for credit card applicants.

The behavioral was a few questions: tell me about a time when you worked with someone (give examples about conflicts with that person, or how you overcame any vested interests in the task). Tell me about a time when you had to overcome some obstacle to complete your task. There was one more question I don't remember though.

They try to make the interview process standardized so that they can evaluate each candidate objectively. I think they are fairly successful at that. I don't know their evaluation criteria and they don't tell you why or where you fell short when rejecting your application.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview - tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle to fulfill your task.   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capital One in January 2010.

Easy. Online assessments for personality (Work Assessment), math and analytical reasoning. Behavioral and Case Study Interviews. Very professionally run organization and the process very clear. Easy to interact with interviewers and plenty of opportunities to present your "good side". I like the format of the Capital One process as the emphasis is on finding the right aptitudes and skills and not on subjective assessments of somone's actual experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you led the collaboration between two teams and how it impacted the overall success of a project or initiative.   Answer Question