Capital One Statistician Intern Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Just did phone technical screening, waiting for the second round interview. Very formal interview procedures including time slot choosing, and they will tell you the exact person you will going to talk to. phone screening: 1. your basic background 2. he ask questions 3. do you have questions for me.

Interview Questions

• 1/Business case: 5000 alumni samples, 1000 variables, ask for the whole procedure to build the model. Then he asked model validation( over fitting, assumptions...)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online on their website and received the phone screen interview inform two days later. The interview is about explaining several statistical definitions based on a given situation. The questions are like what other people had said, p-value, hypothesis test, multicollinearity, etc. No behavioral questions, just technical questions based on real-world problems. My advice of preparations is that thoroughly understand about the definitions and how to apply those techniques to practical problems, because the questions really go through details and you need to explain them to someone who only has basic statistic knowledge. The interviewer was really nice. I received the on-site interview inform three hours after the phone screen. Good luck to both you and me!

Interview Questions

• Go through details about a consulting procedure of a university fund-raising campaign.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview is very formal. 2 case studies, 1 behavior section and 1 role play. In addition to the statistical technique, I feel they also have a high requirement about business sense.

Interview Questions

• The questions about business aspects, not statistical ones.   Answer Question

Statistician Intern Interview

Interview

phone interview, very basic questions like what it p-value...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Just did a phone interview. Waiting for their reply now. Basic concept P-value, standard deviation, correlation. Application: A university want to raise 1 millions dollars with limited budget, what would you recommend them to do by using statistical analysis. Basic concepts are easy. But I think I screwed the application question. Should have start with asking if there is any historical data.

Interview Questions

• A university want to raise 1 millions dollars with limited budget, what would you recommend them to do by using statistical analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

There are four cases: 1 statistics, 2 business, 1 behavior. The statistics case is about multiple linear regression and ANOVA, I think I bombed this one cause I don't rememer anything about ANOVA except what it stands for. In the business cases, there are questions about conditional probability, auto loan, and credit card business.

Statistician Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting, and later I was invited to an on-site power day. Heard back from HR the very next business day offering the position. The whole process is very efficient. 2 case studies, 1 roll play,1 behavioral, then Buffet lunch+campus tour. All the interview qs can be found in previous reviews. Prepare yourself with this website.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you instead of other people?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Just got an verbal offer and still waiting on the official package to arrive. However, it doesn't sound like they negotiate at all.

Statistician Intern Interview

Interview

Phone Interview Asked a question about presidential pool and a business case.

Statistician Intern Interview

Interview

Very well organized

Interview Questions

• Nothing much. If you know Linear Regression and if you are prepared for Case studies it won't be much trouble.   Answer Question