Capital One

Capital One Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in March 2012.

Submitted an application through my university website. Completed an online assessment, and was offered a final interview 3 days later. Final interview consisted of 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral. I was the only person being interviewed who received a final interview without an on-campus one.

Case interviews were standard, but required knowledge about credit cards.

Behavioral was fairly straightforward, but still difficult.

Interview Questions
  • Business case regarding two stores that are not economically feasible.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in March 2011.

Resume Drop
    Online skills and personality test
    One on one case interviews

First Round (1 Case Question, at my campus):

Company is has a negative percent revenue, what would you do to fix the situation. Required basic math skills, the interviewer seemed to value creativity in open ended questions. Made some mistakes and the interviewer helped guide me.

Was offered to go to the final round later that night.

Final Round (2 Case Questions and a Behavioral Interview, at their campus in Richmond):

Case 1:
    How to help a company losing money in a perfectly competitive environment. Just remember your into to microeconomics class and you'll have everything you need.

Behavioral:
    Three "Tell me about a time you..." questions. Have some answers planned out to a variety of questions and be ready to adapt one to the the specific question asked.

Case 2:
    Managing a credit card. It has been mentioned here before so just read around and you'll find all the tricks to this one.

Received offer the Monday after the Friday interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to become profitable?   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in February 2011.

Applied through my college career center (resume drop). Got initial interview. Initial interview question was about the Subway 5 dollar footlong promotion. There was not time for behavioral questions in the initial interview. Passed that, then got an IQ test and a math/verbal assessment to complete. Then got invited to a final round interview in Virginia. Representatives and interviewers were incredibly nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us if Subway should adopt the 5 dollar footlong policy.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One in February 2009.

First round was a written exam, basic math. Second round was a 1-1 case interview. Did not make to the third round.

Interview Questions
    • Question: what would happen if a pizza restaurant decides to shrink its free delivery zone: I think the numbers were 15 miles in diameter before and 10 miles in diameter after. The catch is the order has to arrive within 30mins after the order is made, or the pizza is free.   View Answers (2)