Capital One Systems Specialist Interview Questions

Systems Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was very efficient. They started off with a Numerical and Verbal Reasoning test and then they invited me for an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview was very relaxed and the interviewer was very easy to talk to. They are very clear on what they expect and I felt like I was in a very friendly environment when I was there. After a week or so I heard back that they wanted to have an on-site interview at the Richmond campus where I went through 3 interviews: Job Fit, Behavioral, and Case. The first 2 are pretty straight forward. The case interview requires some preparation in that you must learn what they expect and make sure your caser explains what they will be expecting from you. Try to communicate your thought process as clearly as possible and stay relaxed as your work through the problem. They will provide some feedback but will not tell you if your answer is correct or not. After the day is over you will go each lunch with some employees. I got a decision in 4 days by phone and email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a team member?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Systems Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

The Capital One interview was pretty laid back. I arrived on a Sunday and a group of us were taken out to eat by a Systems Specialist who currently works for the company. There was some conversation about the interview process, the job, and other topics. On the interview day we all arrived and were taken to our own interview rooms. The process was pretty easy - there was testing verification, a case-study, a behavioral interview, and a job-fit interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to learn something new very quickly.   Answer Question

Low starting salary, wasn't very interested in the job.

Systems Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

This applied when I was applying during senior year in college. The first step was an online resume drop. After passing an initial selection an online test was administered. The next stage was an on-campus interview. The last stage was an on-site interview in Richmond, VA with different phases: a behavioral interview, a job-fit interview, a case interview, and another instance of the online exam (to prove you took it alone). Overall the experience was great and everyone involved was extremely friendly.

Interview Questions

• A business case involving linear algebra and optimization. I did not know this was going to be a part of the interview process but was able to satisfactorily solve the problem.   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in February 2009.

Interview

Case Interview, Behaviroal Interview, quick turn around time, on site, travel expenses included, guest reception the night before, lunch panel, decision recieved 3 days later. I have enjoyed my role, HR does a good job of positioning you based on what you say in the interview and or your background.

Systems Specialist Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in October 2010.

Interview

Got an interview through campus recruiting. They had an interview information session the night before with details of the IT Development program. Interview was about 45 minutes and was mostly behavioral. Next round will be on site.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to adapt to a changed requirement.   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in April 2010.

Interview

Took a Verbal and Math reasoning and skill test and also a personality test online. Flew out for 3 individual one one one interviews. A behavioral interview, a job fit interview, and a case interview, and a verification test for the Math reasoning skills. The interviewers were very friendly and helpful. It was like having separate discussions with 3 different people. It seem organized but also very open at the same time. After we had a tour of the campus.