Capital One

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a few days, an HR recruiter contacted me and we had a phone interview. Basic questions about hypothetical situations, customer service and sales experience. She then set me up with an interview at a branch where I met 2 branch managers. After that, I got a call the next day or day after saying they were proceeding with me. They were pretty fast and pretty good with keeping in touch with me. They were also very courteous and flexible with my start date which was very helpful.

Negotiation Details – They offered me what I wanted, so I couldn't negotiate.

Teller

I applied online and interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – Applied for a FT position. Got a call a few days later from a recruiter looking to fill a PT position at a different branch. Set up a phone interview for the same day. Asked your basic questions. Tell me about yourself, experience, education. Asked a few situational questions. Set up an in person interview for 2 days after. Same basic premise. Met with 2 branch managers, both asked very basic situational/experience based questions from a sheet of paper. That was a few days ago. Hoping I get a call back but you never know.

Interview Question – all questions were easily answered. no problems.   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a hiring manager a couple weeks later. We set up a phone interview for that same day. I was asked about my past experiences and availability and after explaining more about the job description, I was asked questions like what interested you in the finance industry, name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, why do you think you are perfect for this job, what do you know about Capital One, etc.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions, nothing too difficult if you do your homework before-hand   Answer Question

Annapolis, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in August 2013.

Interview Details – After completing the online application, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview within the next couple of days. The phone interview was with the same person that scheduled it. They asked just a few basic questions about my past experiences and future availability as well as a more thorough description of the job.
 1 - What interested you in the finance industry?
 2 - Name a past experience where you worked in a team?
 3 - If you were the only teller working, and you had a customer at the desk, while the phone rings and a customer at the drive-thru, how would you handle the situation?
 4 - What is your most accomplished experience?

After the series of questions she gave me a number for compensation and asked that would suit me. Once I said yes, she offered me an in-person interview at a branch near me with the brand and regional manager. The in-person interview was practically identical to the phone interview.

Interview Question – If you were the only teller working, and you had a customer at the desk, while the phone rings and a customer at the drive-thru, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Capital One

Interview Details – I had one interview with a regional recruiter. He had been with the company for 30 years. Very nice guy, questions weren't too hard.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral interview question: Please describe a difficult situation you've experienced and what did you do to resolve it.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Capital One in September 2012.

Interview Details – The first step of the hiring process was phone interview questions.
What experience in your career stands out most?
What are your weakness and strengths?
The second step was a interview with the lead teller and manager.
This step was brief and mostly about my hours and what was expected of me as a teller.
The last step was a email package to accept the job and begin training.

Interview Question – What have you done in your previous jobs that most stands out and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay is low in general but because I knew the manager I was able to negotiate the amount based on how much I was making at another bank.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – You fill out an application online. Then you have to take a assessment its about an hour long. if they like your resume and if you pass the assessment you will receive an email or a call from recruiter to set up and interview with the branch you applied for

Interview Question – basic interview. hint they enjoyed the fact that i knew a lot about the company. Actually the manager said thats why he hired me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was offered a certain amount it was take it or leave it

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – Interview process is very easy. After you apply online, a recruiter from out of town contacts you to set up a phone interview. Questions are pretty simple. Mostly behavorial questions. If you pass this, which most of the time you will, you are sent on a face to face interview which is easy as well. They are always hiring because they are always firing. So it's not a hard process. At some point there is a online assessment to take. I can't remember distinctly, but I believe it's before the recruiter contacts you.

Negotiation Details – I was satisfied with what they offered.

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, a recruiter contacted one week later, and set up a phone interview the for next day for 15 minutes .It went well and the next day morning another one contacted to set up a face to face interview for the very next day. It was with two district representatives 30 minutes each..but i was done in 45 minutes..All the questions were cookie cutters...the second interviewer told me the recruiter will contact me in 3-5 business days..today is the 8th business day and exactly 2 weeks after the 1:1(in between came thanksgiving holidays)no call,no updates.I sent an email query ..no reply..Why dont they inform us the result even if its negative ..But overall the experience was nice, all of them were very friendly. I was a bit nervous at first,but their cool attitude helped me to calm down .

Interview Question – If Cap one and BoA offered you the same position at the same time ,which one will you choose ? and why ? i know its same as why cap one ,but i didnt expect this qstn .   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sugar Land, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capital One in April 2008.

Interview Details – Applied online after being referred to by a friend. Attended a job-fair to help my chances, was called a day or so later by a recruiter to set up my interview. Had a pleasant interview, a little salary negotiation, accepted the position.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated with a recruiter, just typical start high and meet in the middle.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital One

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One Teller interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capital One employees and interview candidates.