Capital One Teller Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Bowie, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied about 2 weeks ago, was sent an email link to record myself answering questions using their HireVue online video System. About a week later I was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an in-person interview. I will be going in this Friday, and I'm excited to see what happens.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you exceeded a customer's expectations   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied for teller position on the official site, and they got back to me the next day morning saying I will be interviewed online. The online interview was a single way interview where you will be asked several questions like describe one time where you encounter a rude customer, and you record your answer in 3 minutes. Remember dress up business casual.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience more than 6 months involving face-to-face customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynbrook, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Lynbrook, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and it took about 3 weeks till I received an email do to an online interview. It was me sitting down dressed up and recording my answers for most of the basic interview questions, with some essay parts that just asked what kind of hours can I work and describing why i'm fit for the job. Then about 3 days later got a call for a branch interview. Hoping for the best.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted within 2 days by email for a digital interview by hirevue. I guess that's the new interview process for capital one. There's 15 questions some are a written response. If you pass the digital interview the recruiter will contact you to go into the branch for one on one interview. It's only been about 2 days and I'm still waiting for a follow up.

Interview Questions

• Why capital one? What are your goals 2 - 3 yrs from now and how will capital one help you?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online through the website, interviewed 2 months later at a branch with the lead teller, I was sent an offer letter a week later, did a drug test, went for training for a week off site, started at my designated branch a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicott City, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Ellicott City, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

HR called first & did an over-the-phone interview. Next, I had to travel to a branch & interview with 2 managers that assist in the process. Then, HR called back & said I was recommended to be passed thru & to meet with the actual branch manager of where I would be working.

Interview Questions

• I had to give actual scenarios of different situations. They didn't just want to know "what would you do...." but more like "what DID you do...." I had been unemployed for months so specific situations escaped my memory; but they told me to calm down & just think.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me close to what I was making at my last job.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

There was an extensive online interview, including general questions, situational response questions, and even a portion which tested my ability to count out sums of money quickly. This was followed up by phone, and then in person at the branch. The branch manager was nice and professional, but the interview was essentially her just explaining the position in greater depth than the website had, as they had already chosen to make an offer based on the online portion.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Capital One?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days, an HR recruiter contacted me and we had a phone interview. Basic questions about hypothetical situations, customer service and sales experience. She then set me up with an interview at a branch where I met 2 branch managers. After that, I got a call the next day or day after saying they were proceeding with me. They were pretty fast and pretty good with keeping in touch with me. They were also very courteous and flexible with my start date which was very helpful.

Negotiation

They offered me what I wanted, so I couldn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed with district manager and branch manager. The phone interview was pretty straight forward. The interviewer asked questions about me, my education. Interview with a district/ branch manager was the same. They are not hard you just need to do your homework by knowing about their company.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied for a FT position. Got a call a few days later from a recruiter looking to fill a PT position at a different branch. Set up a phone interview for the same day. Asked your basic questions. Tell me about yourself, experience, education. Asked a few situational questions. Set up an in person interview for 2 days after. Same basic premise. Met with 2 branch managers, both asked very basic situational/experience based questions from a sheet of paper. That was a few days ago. Hoping I get a call back but you never know.