Capital One

Capital One Teller Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2009.

Interview Details – applied online and had to take an accessment test. got a call from a recruiter and answered a few questions. recruiter set me up for a phone interview the following day. I was asked questions such as... how did i resspond to an irate customer. and we did role play. I was called for an interview with branch manager and it was a success.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in June 2010.

Interview Details – Took the test when I applied. Recruiter contacted me one month later. Asked questions like why do you want to be hired, what do you expect from this job, etc. Fully form answers to these questions before your interview. Also, make sure you ask them questions. I was contacted later by hiring managers who 1:1 interviewed me for the teller position in their banks. I was accepted soon after.
It is a wonderful place to work and my colleagues couldnt be nicer! I'm really happy with my job and intend to keep it at it and get better and better. Promotional opportunities are also decent.

Teller

The process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied one night, and got a phone call about 2 days after. The lady was nice and just told me she'd like to schedule a phone interview after the weekend since she had called me on a friday. She just asked me the basic simple questions of why do you want to work here and so on. Afterwards, she had then decided to schedule me for a one on one interview with her the next day. So the next day came and I attended the interview. Simple 5 questions that just wanted you to go into indetail about what you would do if this happened, or how did you deal with this situation. Then after the interview was done, she told me that they would finish up interviews later that day and call me tomorrow with the result. For some reason though, near the end of the interview I could tell that she was just faking being nice, and she made it seem like she regreted giving me the interview. Some interviewers just give off that vibe and she had it. All I can say though is that I tried.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to rely on someone else in your department to get a job done, and how did ya'll complete the task, and how did ya'll get over any problems if there were any.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you had to describe a policy to a customer and what was the policy, and how did the customer react to the policy, and how did you handle their reaction if it was negative.   Answer Question

Lake Charles, LA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for Capital one.
I studied the company through their website and tailored an interview with potential questions.
First they contact you over phone and ask you some basic questions: why do you want to work for the company? what makes you a good candidate and questions from that level. During my interview I pointed out my qualifications and related them to the company's philosophy. I answered them boldly and confidently.
Make sure you ask the golden questIon AT THE END: AM I MOVING FORWARD IN THE HIRING PROCESS/ DO YOU HAVE ANY RESERVATIONS IN HIRING ME/ MOVING ME FORWARD?

second interview was at a conference room with 2 ladies who asked me about my solving conflict skills, team work skills and sales skills..... make sure you have all kind of situations you solved in mind and look at them in the eye.....

At the end after I asked the golden question they offered me also a position as a personal banker as well. They told me regardless of my choice the teller position would still be available.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when a client was very dissatisfied and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2012.

Interview Details – a recruter called me for a phone interview then the moved you to the interview with the branch manager ... the if they like you the offer you the job but they sent me an email that i was rejected ... even thou had previously wroked with capital one as a teller and had the experienced .. shhh

Interview Question – tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry contumer   Answer Question

Annapolis, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in August 2013.

Interview Details – After completing the online application, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview within the next couple of days. The phone interview was with the same person that scheduled it. They asked just a few basic questions about my past experiences and future availability as well as a more thorough description of the job.
 1 - What interested you in the finance industry?
 2 - Name a past experience where you worked in a team?
 3 - If you were the only teller working, and you had a customer at the desk, while the phone rings and a customer at the drive-thru, how would you handle the situation?
 4 - What is your most accomplished experience?

After the series of questions she gave me a number for compensation and asked that would suit me. Once I said yes, she offered me an in-person interview at a branch near me with the brand and regional manager. The in-person interview was practically identical to the phone interview.

Interview Question – If you were the only teller working, and you had a customer at the desk, while the phone rings and a customer at the drive-thru, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – Applied for a FT position. Got a call a few days later from a recruiter looking to fill a PT position at a different branch. Set up a phone interview for the same day. Asked your basic questions. Tell me about yourself, experience, education. Asked a few situational questions. Set up an in person interview for 2 days after. Same basic premise. Met with 2 branch managers, both asked very basic situational/experience based questions from a sheet of paper. That was a few days ago. Hoping I get a call back but you never know.

Interview Question – all questions were easily answered. no problems.   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a few days, an HR recruiter contacted me and we had a phone interview. Basic questions about hypothetical situations, customer service and sales experience. She then set me up with an interview at a branch where I met 2 branch managers. After that, I got a call the next day or day after saying they were proceeding with me. They were pretty fast and pretty good with keeping in touch with me. They were also very courteous and flexible with my start date which was very helpful.

Negotiation Details – They offered me what I wanted, so I couldn't negotiate.

Teller

I applied online and interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a hiring manager a couple weeks later. We set up a phone interview for that same day. I was asked about my past experiences and availability and after explaining more about the job description, I was asked questions like what interested you in the finance industry, name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, why do you think you are perfect for this job, what do you know about Capital One, etc.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions, nothing too difficult if you do your homework before-hand   Answer Question

Teller

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Capital One in October 2009.

Interview Details – I received a call regarding my application and was asked to come in the next day for an interview. I reviewed my skills, why I am good for the job, and asked myself some questions that I could expect (Why me, talk about experiences with rude customers, why this bank, etc). I was interviewed by two management personnel. They told me about the position and asked me why I would be good for the job, my history, and why Capital One... and that was it. The employees didn't seem particularly nice and I didn't like the work culture. I received a call the next day from a recruiter offering me the position, denoting the salary, etc.

Interview Question – If a person came in screaming their head off at you as if you were the cause of their anger due to a bad experience at this bank in the past, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!