Capital One

Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.4

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in February 2009.

applied online and had to take an accessment test. got a call from a recruiter and answered a few questions. recruiter set me up for a phone interview the following day. I was asked questions such as... how did i resspond to an irate customer. and we did role play. I was called for an interview with branch manager and it was a success.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in June 2010.

Took the test when I applied. Recruiter contacted me one month later. Asked questions like why do you want to be hired, what do you expect from this job, etc. Fully form answers to these questions before your interview. Also, make sure you ask them questions. I was contacted later by hiring managers who 1:1 interviewed me for the teller position in their banks. I was accepted soon after.
    It is a wonderful place to work and my colleagues couldnt be nicer! I'm really happy with my job and intend to keep it at it and get better and better. Promotional opportunities are also decent.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • GIve an example where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Capital One in July 2010.

I applied one night, and got a phone call about 2 days after. The lady was nice and just told me she'd like to schedule a phone interview after the weekend since she had called me on a friday. She just asked me the basic simple questions of why do you want to work here and so on. Afterwards, she had then decided to schedule me for a one on one interview with her the next day. So the next day came and I attended the interview. Simple 5 questions that just wanted you to go into indetail about what you would do if this happened, or how did you deal with this situation. Then after the interview was done, she told me that they would finish up interviews later that day and call me tomorrow with the result. For some reason though, near the end of the interview I could tell that she was just faking being nice, and she made it seem like she regreted giving me the interview. Some interviewers just give off that vibe and she had it. All I can say though is that I tried.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to rely on someone else in your department to get a job done, and how did ya'll complete the task, and how did ya'll get over any problems if there were any.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to describe a policy to a customer and what was the policy, and how did the customer react to the policy, and how did you handle their reaction if it was negative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Charles, LA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in September 2011.

I applied online for Capital one.
    I studied the company through their website and tailored an interview with potential questions.
    First they contact you over phone and ask you some basic questions: why do you want to work for the company? what makes you a good candidate and questions from that level. During my interview I pointed out my qualifications and related them to the company's philosophy. I answered them boldly and confidently.
    Make sure you ask the golden questIon AT THE END: AM I MOVING FORWARD IN THE HIRING PROCESS/ DO YOU HAVE ANY RESERVATIONS IN HIRING ME/ MOVING ME FORWARD?

second interview was at a conference room with 2 ladies who asked me about my solving conflict skills, team work skills and sales skills..... make sure you have all kind of situations you solved in mind and look at them in the eye.....

At the end after I asked the golden question they offered me also a position as a personal banker as well. They told me regardless of my choice the teller position would still be available.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a client was very dissatisfied and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in February 2012.

a recruter called me for a phone interview then the moved you to the interview with the branch manager ... the if they like you the offer you the job but they sent me an email that i was rejected ... even thou had previously wroked with capital one as a teller and had the experienced .. shhh

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry contumer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in August 2013.

After completing the online application, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview within the next couple of days. The phone interview was with the same person that scheduled it. They asked just a few basic questions about my past experiences and future availability as well as a more thorough description of the job.
     1 - What interested you in the finance industry?
     2 - Name a past experience where you worked in a team?
     3 - If you were the only teller working, and you had a customer at the desk, while the phone rings and a customer at the drive-thru, how would you handle the situation?
     4 - What is your most accomplished experience?

After the series of questions she gave me a number for compensation and asked that would suit me. Once I said yes, she offered me an in-person interview at a branch near me with the brand and regional manager. The in-person interview was practically identical to the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the only teller working, and you had a customer at the desk, while the phone rings and a customer at the drive-thru, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One.

Applied for a FT position. Got a call a few days later from a recruiter looking to fill a PT position at a different branch. Set up a phone interview for the same day. Asked your basic questions. Tell me about yourself, experience, education. Asked a few situational questions. Set up an in person interview for 2 days after. Same basic premise. Met with 2 branch managers, both asked very basic situational/experience based questions from a sheet of paper. That was a few days ago. Hoping I get a call back but you never know.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

I applied online and within a few days, an HR recruiter contacted me and we had a phone interview. Basic questions about hypothetical situations, customer service and sales experience. She then set me up with an interview at a branch where I met 2 branch managers. After that, I got a call the next day or day after saying they were proceeding with me. They were pretty fast and pretty good with keeping in touch with me. They were also very courteous and flexible with my start date which was very helpful.

They offered me what I wanted, so I couldn't negotiate.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One.

I applied online through the website, interviewed 2 months later at a branch with the lead teller, I was sent an offer letter a week later, did a drug test, went for training for a week off site, started at my designated branch a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicott City, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicott City, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One in September 2014.

HR called first & did an over-the-phone interview. Next, I had to travel to a branch & interview with 2 managers that assist in the process. Then, HR called back & said I was recommended to be passed thru & to meet with the actual branch manager of where I would be working.

Interview Questions
    • I had to give actual scenarios of different situations. They didn't just want to know "what would you do...." but more like "what DID you do...." I had been unemployed for months so specific situations escaped my memory; but they told me to calm down & just think.   Answer Question
    They offered me close to what I was making at my last job.