Capital One

Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.4

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One in January 2015.

I applied online. I was contacted within 2 days by email for a digital interview by hirevue. I guess that's the new interview process for capital one. There's 15 questions some are a written response. If you pass the digital interview the recruiter will contact you to go into the branch for one on one interview. It's only been about 2 days and I'm still waiting for a follow up.

Interview Questions
  • Why capital one?
    What are your goals 2 - 3 yrs from now and how will capital one help you?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One in February 2012.

Applied online. Scheduled a brief phone interview asked me standard questions about my resume. about 3 weeks later i got a call from a branch manager asking me to come in for an interview.Met with branch manager and assistant branch manager and asked some basic tell me a time when you had to handle this type of situation questions. 2 weeks later I got an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work with us at capital one? (wasnt really difficult of unexpected but the rest of the questions were really basic.)   Answer Question
    No negotion offered me 12.30 to start and i accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicott City, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicott City, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One in September 2014.

HR called first & did an over-the-phone interview. Next, I had to travel to a branch & interview with 2 managers that assist in the process. Then, HR called back & said I was recommended to be passed thru & to meet with the actual branch manager of where I would be working.

Interview Questions
    • I had to give actual scenarios of different situations. They didn't just want to know "what would you do...." but more like "what DID you do...." I had been unemployed for months so specific situations escaped my memory; but they told me to calm down & just think.   Answer Question
    They offered me close to what I was making at my last job.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One.

I applied online through the website, interviewed 2 months later at a branch with the lead teller, I was sent an offer letter a week later, did a drug test, went for training for a week off site, started at my designated branch a week later.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capital One.

I applied online and within a few days, an HR recruiter contacted me and we had a phone interview. Basic questions about hypothetical situations, customer service and sales experience. She then set me up with an interview at a branch where I met 2 branch managers. After that, I got a call the next day or day after saying they were proceeding with me. They were pretty fast and pretty good with keeping in touch with me. They were also very courteous and flexible with my start date which was very helpful.

They offered me what I wanted, so I couldn't negotiate.

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One.

Applied for a FT position. Got a call a few days later from a recruiter looking to fill a PT position at a different branch. Set up a phone interview for the same day. Asked your basic questions. Tell me about yourself, experience, education. Asked a few situational questions. Set up an in person interview for 2 days after. Same basic premise. Met with 2 branch managers, both asked very basic situational/experience based questions from a sheet of paper. That was a few days ago. Hoping I get a call back but you never know.

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One.

I applied online and was contacted by a hiring manager a couple weeks later. We set up a phone interview for that same day. I was asked about my past experiences and availability and after explaining more about the job description, I was asked questions like what interested you in the finance industry, name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, why do you think you are perfect for this job, what do you know about Capital One, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions, nothing too difficult if you do your homework before-hand   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in August 2013.

After completing the online application, I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview within the next couple of days. The phone interview was with the same person that scheduled it. They asked just a few basic questions about my past experiences and future availability as well as a more thorough description of the job.
     1 - What interested you in the finance industry?
     2 - Name a past experience where you worked in a team?
     3 - If you were the only teller working, and you had a customer at the desk, while the phone rings and a customer at the drive-thru, how would you handle the situation?
     4 - What is your most accomplished experience?

After the series of questions she gave me a number for compensation and asked that would suit me. Once I said yes, she offered me an in-person interview at a branch near me with the brand and regional manager. The in-person interview was practically identical to the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the only teller working, and you had a customer at the desk, while the phone rings and a customer at the drive-thru, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I had one interview with a regional recruiter. He had been with the company for 30 years. Very nice guy, questions weren't too hard.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral interview question: Please describe a difficult situation you've experienced and what did you do to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One in September 2012.

The first step of the hiring process was phone interview questions.
    What experience in your career stands out most?
    What are your weakness and strengths?
    The second step was a interview with the lead teller and manager.
    This step was brief and mostly about my hours and what was expected of me as a teller.
    The last step was a email package to accept the job and begin training.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in your previous jobs that most stands out and why?   Answer Question
    The pay is low in general but because I knew the manager I was able to negotiate the amount based on how much I was making at another bank.