Capital One Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

3.2

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One in February 2015.

Telephone Interview. Given data beforehand and then given the headings during the interview. Mostly basic math involving percentages and break-even analysis. Have to consider different ways the firm in the scenario can increase revenue. Whole interview only lasts 30 minutes and then receive outcome within a few days. Important to fully understand question before jumping into the calculations.

Escalated Call Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in January 2015.

Applied online, email to ask to do a brief assessment then invited to an assessment day the next week. Group call listening exercise where you listen and give your opinion on each call. Then two 45 minute interviews. One of them was a job fit interview and one behavioural interview.

Interview Questions
    • Job fit interview questions and behavioural questions. Why do you want to work here, what experience do you have relevant to this role etc.   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Capital One in January 2015.

After the application form was submitted, I was invited to do a series of online tests. Very soon after, they called me telling me I'd passed and set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a case study and we were given materials before hand. This was fairly simple, requiring conceptual knowledge and mathematical skill. Make sure you brush up on marketing techniques and algebra! Again, very quickly I was told I passed and was invited to an assessment centre.

The assessment centre consisted of a 1:1 job fit interview, another case study (much more difficult than the first one! Don't get flustered and practice conceptualising problems with graphs and going through equations - they take either approach), and a group presentation. They are looking for a culture fit, so relax and be yourself! They're not a stuffy institution. At the group presentation, we were asked to introduce ourselves with an interesting fact. My fellow candidates talked about previous internships and projects, while I mentioned I made balloon animals. I was the only one with further questions!

After a few days I was told they'd like me to come back for a final round interview! This consisted of a final case study even harder than the others. Unfortunately I got flustered and didn't perform as well as usual (so make sure you keep calm and focus on your work). I was not given an offer, but the overall experience was very positive! They really help you through each stage of the process and encourage you to relax.

Interview Questions
    • Case studies involving marketing techniques and other business systems.   View Answer

Graduate Analyst Interview

Phone interview-
    Simple data analysis questions.
    The interview was assessed based on candidate's:
    -Numerical ability – how you use mathematical equations to draw conclusions from the data you are given
    -Conceptual skills – the ideas/solutions you form to solve the problem and the considerations you take into account when making decisions
    -Communication style – how you talk through your thinking (this is particular important as the interview is over the phone) and articulate your ideas

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One in July 2014.

Was an online interview where a was directed to a site and had to solve about three questions. The problem was I wasn't well versed in programming languages outside the browser environment so even the Javascript was a bit tricky.

In all honesty, I was ill prepared for the tests but I knew they were pretty straight forward (FizzBuzz and the likes) but I just didn't know how to interact with the space. Weird day I guess..

Interview Questions
    • There's a credit card verification test in there somewhere that required using Luhn's algorithm..They did explain it in detail though so anyone that knows their beans should find it pretty straight forward as well.   Answer Question

Graduate Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in March 2014.

On-line application and test,
    Simple phone case interview.
    2 one to one interview, one fit interview.
    Final interview with a director or head of business. Overall very friendly and efficient, the outcomes were available within 2-3 days.

No negotiation

Graduate Technology Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One in October 2013.

I applied for the graduate technology program of Capital one in Nottingham and got a telephone interview. The questions were about the company, why I want to join, what do I know about the specific program, why i am passionate about technology. Nothing tricky, straightforward questions. Just make sure to read about the company.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One in July 2013.

I filled an application form online and sent my CV and relevant documents. It was quite easy to apply.

I had a phone interview, where they asked usual questions like why are you interested in this job? Do you know what the role requires, etc.. The lady I spoke was quite helpful.

Then I had the actual interview. This had 4 parts. On first part they asked similar questions to the telephone interview, and asked questions on my cv. This part is called the job fit interview. On second part, I was given a case study about a call centre. It is mainly to test mathematical and analytical skills. Third interview was about coding in SQL. But this part is not that important. After these I was told I passed the first round. Then I had an interview with head of department Jeremy Penzer. This was again based on a case study interview.

Interview Questions
    • Case study questions were a little difficult. It could be that I was a little out of practice maybe.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One.

I filled in a short application form (no competency questions) and sent CV and covering letter. I was invited to some interviews - had a job fit interview where we talked about what I'd be doing in the job and some things on my CV, as well as things like strengths and weaknesses, what I can bring to the job, etc.

Then I had a case study where we discussed a business scenario, and had to do some basic analysis and make decisions based on the results. Was talked through all of this by the interviewer, and only involved basic maths (percentages, weighted averages, etc) and drawing a few graphs and making assumptions from them.

I also had two behavioural interviews with four questions in each, there was some overlap on the questions, but they were with different people and I gave the same answers in both interviews for some of the questions when they seemed similar.

Each interview was scheduled to be an hour and all one after the other, but some finished sooner than that, and I was given a tour of the office and had the opportunity to ask lots of questions about the job. Interviewers were very easy to get on with, and the office seemed like a great place to work.

Later that week I was asked to come in - got to shadow some of the others who would be in my team to see what the work was like, and was offered the job.

Personally preferred the application process to lots of others that I applied for - they were all with people involved with the job who asked questions which seemed like questions that they felt were necessary to know I was right for the job. I didn't have any interviews with external agencies who just wanted to cancel out a certain percentage of applicants without much knowledge of the job.

Interview Questions
    • What are your three biggest weaknesses?   View Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One in April 2011.

very not serious person calling. She was on the move, and thus did not take it serious