Capital One

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Business Analyst Interview

Graduate Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in March 2014.

Interview Details – On-line application and test,
Simple phone case interview.
2 one to one interview, one fit interview.
Final interview with a director or head of business. Overall very friendly and efficient, the outcomes were available within 2-3 days.

Interview Question – Numerical case interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Graduate Technology Program Interview

Graduate Technology Program

I applied online - interviewed at Capital One in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the graduate technology program of Capital one in Nottingham and got a telephone interview. The questions were about the company, why I want to join, what do I know about the specific program, why i am passionate about technology. Nothing tricky, straightforward questions. Just make sure to read about the company.

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect
Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2011.

Interview Details – 3 Stage Interview - Test, Telephone Interview & In Person Interview

Interview Question – Give An Example On The White Board   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation it was take it or leave it.

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in July 2013.

Interview Details – I filled an application form online and sent my CV and relevant documents. It was quite easy to apply.

I had a phone interview, where they asked usual questions like why are you interested in this job? Do you know what the role requires, etc.. The lady I spoke was quite helpful.

Then I had the actual interview. This had 4 parts. On first part they asked similar questions to the telephone interview, and asked questions on my cv. This part is called the job fit interview. On second part, I was given a case study about a call centre. It is mainly to test mathematical and analytical skills. Third interview was about coding in SQL. But this part is not that important. After these I was told I passed the first round. Then I had an interview with head of department Jeremy Penzer. This was again based on a case study interview.

Interview Question – Case study questions were a little difficult. It could be that I was a little out of practice maybe.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – I filled in a short application form (no competency questions) and sent CV and covering letter. I was invited to some interviews - had a job fit interview where we talked about what I'd be doing in the job and some things on my CV, as well as things like strengths and weaknesses, what I can bring to the job, etc.

Then I had a case study where we discussed a business scenario, and had to do some basic analysis and make decisions based on the results. Was talked through all of this by the interviewer, and only involved basic maths (percentages, weighted averages, etc) and drawing a few graphs and making assumptions from them.

I also had two behavioural interviews with four questions in each, there was some overlap on the questions, but they were with different people and I gave the same answers in both interviews for some of the questions when they seemed similar.

Each interview was scheduled to be an hour and all one after the other, but some finished sooner than that, and I was given a tour of the office and had the opportunity to ask lots of questions about the job. Interviewers were very easy to get on with, and the office seemed like a great place to work.

Later that week I was asked to come in - got to shadow some of the others who would be in my team to see what the work was like, and was offered the job.

Personally preferred the application process to lots of others that I applied for - they were all with people involved with the job who asked questions which seemed like questions that they felt were necessary to know I was right for the job. I didn't have any interviews with external agencies who just wanted to cancel out a certain percentage of applicants without much knowledge of the job.

Interview Question – What are your three biggest weaknesses?   View Answer

Internship Interview

Internship
London, England (UK)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One in April 2011.

Interview Details – very not serious person calling. She was on the move, and thus did not take it serious

Interview Question – Why capital one?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Nottingham, England (UK)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Capital One in June 2010.

Interview Details – Application form
On-line tests
Group Assessment
Interview

Interview Question – it was all straight forward, no tricky questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NA

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital One

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One interview questions and advice in United Kingdom. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capital One employees and interview candidates.