Capital One Unit Manager Interview Questions

3.8

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Phone interview and then panel interview. The personality and skills test was very tedious and unnecessary. The people interviewing were nice and friendly enough but one was very difficult to understand his Indian accent. I really did not understand what he was asking me.

Interview Questions

• Difficulty in understanding the foreign accent of interviewer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

I have performed in this position for the company for several years and when put into redeployment applied for and interviewed for 6 positions at this level. One interview lasted all of 12 minutes, which was absolutely dumbfounding as the typical interview both job fit and behavioral are at a minimum 30 minutes in length.

Interview Questions

• There really was not a most difficult question as again, I've been with this company since 1995 and have gone through the interview process multiple times.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capital One (Sioux Falls, SD) in January 2012.

Interview

Assessment, interview and offer. HR will forward link to site to prepare you for interview. Normally 3-4 behavioral questions, ie "tell me about a time......?" There also is role playing question were you'll be given 15 minutes to digest your role as a manager with a problem end employee. I spent over 3 hours being interviewed by three people.

Interview Questions

• Role playing I found most difficult since you have no idea what the objective is. I think it's more of a measure of how you interact vs problem solve. I concentrated on the metrics and effect to the entire question. Must have worked on my third year.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much for negotiation... They offered and I accepted. Sorry I didn't have a poker face.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

I completed an online application, and received a call from a recruiter in less than a week. They had me complete some online testing and then scheduled me for a 4 hour interview session. It took about a week and a half. (for whatever reason i got scheduled three different times, but only went to one). The interview seesion on a Thursday, consisted of 3 behaviorial interviews with leaders in different depts hiring as well as a role play. The behaviorial you want to answer the questions explaining how and why and what the result was of your action. The role play was pretty straightforward. After the interview I interviewed with a Senior leader the same day and was called that Tuesday and was invited to do a phone interview with the same senior leader, that was scheduled because he was out of town the following Monday and I was offered the job. It took about a week for my background and credit check and I start in a week!!

Interview Questions

• questions were really confusing when asked... not able to remember questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried some negotiations they were pretty stuck on what they offered, so no real wiggle room. It was a pretty good offer to begin with I only took a 3500.00 pay cut from a Company I was with for 9 years so not too bad. The benefit package was also better than my previous.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward, emphasis on knowledge of call center metrics, coaching and leadership abilities. In person is much more difficult than the initial assessments, be prepared and brush up on your responses. The management team will attempt to trip you up on your answers. There seems to be an emphasis on identifying inconsistencies.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you were able to persuade someone to see things your way.   Answer Question

My schedule was just not going to work with the hours/days they were offering. These positions open up frequently, not sure why that is, but when family obligations are better suited I will pursue this again.

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in August 2011.

Interview

The process was long: I was contacted via linked in. Set up a time for a phone screen with HR. Then sent assessments. Next I did another phone screen, then was offered to come in and interview. 4 hour interview consisting of a 3 managers. One manager did basic BI questions, the next was a job senerio, the last was more like the first, but more personal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a buinsess process that you came up with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me what I wanted at first. Then offered me close to it. I declined the offer stating the salary was not what I requested and looking at the benefits, I didnt think the salary was sufficient. I was offered again, at a higher salary and I declined that offer as well. Then I sent them a decline email. 2 days later I got a "what is going to take" call. I gave them my requirements and a short time later they accepted my offer.

Unit Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capital One in April 2011.

Interview

Two phone/ job fit interviews then was invited to the campus for a "power day" recieved two behavioral interviews and 1 role play interview back to back to back Be ready to give situation, action and result for each of your answers. They are looking for "outside the box" and team oriented answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took proactive steps to avoid a negative situation/result   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deliver disciplinary action, and how you protected the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

starting pay; Get as much as you can before starting because raises are dismal once you are in.

Unit Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capital One in February 2007.

Interview

This was an internal position I applied for, at the time I applied an initial logic test was given, though I don't think that s administered anymore...there is a panel type interview session. The panel is not at the same time though, you are interviewed 1 on 1 by up to four different internal senior managers. These interviews consist of up to four questions, each question seeks a specific competency or behavior. They are all behavioral in nature. Then you are also required to do a role play interview with a member of HR, this is usually done a a VTC or Video Tele Conference. For the role play there is always a difficult underlying factor you must overcome successfully during your drive for the correct end result

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to drive business results without a clear goal being presented to you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were required to deliver difficult feedback to a person or peer under your leadership?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is very minimal and room or it is very small.