Capital One

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in October 2013.

Interview Details – I have performed in this position for the company for several years and when put into redeployment applied for and interviewed for 6 positions at this level. One interview lasted all of 12 minutes, which was absolutely dumbfounding as the typical interview both job fit and behavioral are at a minimum 30 minutes in length.

Interview Question – There really was not a most difficult question as again, I've been with this company since 1995 and have gone through the interview process multiple times.   View Answer

Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online - interviewed at Capital One in January 2012.

Interview Details – Assessment, interview and offer. HR will forward link to site to prepare you for interview. Normally 3-4 behavioral questions, ie "tell me about a time......?" There also is role playing question were you'll be given 15 minutes to digest your role as a manager with a problem end employee. I spent over 3 hours being interviewed by three people.

Interview Question – Role playing I found most difficult since you have no idea what the objective is. I think it's more of a measure of how you interact vs problem solve. I concentrated on the metrics and effect to the entire question. Must have worked on my third year.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much for negotiation... They offered and I accepted. Sorry I didn't have a poker face.

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capital One in May 2011.

Interview Details – I completed an online application, and received a call from a recruiter in less than a week. They had me complete some online testing and then scheduled me for a 4 hour interview session. It took about a week and a half. (for whatever reason i got scheduled three different times, but only went to one). The interview seesion on a Thursday, consisted of 3 behaviorial interviews with leaders in different depts hiring as well as a role play. The behaviorial you want to answer the questions explaining how and why and what the result was of your action. The role play was pretty straightforward. After the interview I interviewed with a Senior leader the same day and was called that Tuesday and was invited to do a phone interview with the same senior leader, that was scheduled because he was out of town the following Monday and I was offered the job. It took about a week for my background and credit check and I start in a week!!

Interview Question – questions were really confusing when asked... not able to remember questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried some negotiations they were pretty stuck on what they offered, so no real wiggle room. It was a pretty good offer to begin with I only took a 3500.00 pay cut from a Company I was with for 9 years so not too bad. The benefit package was also better than my previous.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital One in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly straightforward, emphasis on knowledge of call center metrics, coaching and leadership abilities. In person is much more difficult than the initial assessments, be prepared and brush up on your responses. The management team will attempt to trip you up on your answers. There seems to be an emphasis on identifying inconsistencies.

Interview Question – Talk about a time you were able to persuade someone to see things your way.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My schedule was just not going to work with the hours/days they were offering. These positions open up frequently, not sure why that is, but when family obligations are better suited I will pursue this again.

Unit Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital One in February 2007.

Interview Details – This was an internal position I applied for, at the time I applied an initial logic test was given, though I don't think that s administered anymore...there is a panel type interview session. The panel is not at the same time though, you are interviewed 1 on 1 by up to four different internal senior managers. These interviews consist of up to four questions, each question seeks a specific competency or behavior. They are all behavioral in nature. Then you are also required to do a role play interview with a member of HR, this is usually done a a VTC or Video Tele Conference.

For the role play there is always a difficult underlying factor you must overcome successfully during your drive for the correct end result

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to drive business results without a clear goal being presented to you?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you were required to deliver difficult feedback to a person or peer under your leadership?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is very minimal and room or it is very small.

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!