Capital One
3.4 of 5 1,358 reviews
www.capitalone.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Capital One Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Work At Home Customer Service Representative
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capital One in April 2013.

Interview Details – Application is typical, then there is a phone call test that you do. Two months after I applied (I had forgotten I even applied) a recruiter (very nice woman) called and basically gave me a preliminary interview, then I was scheduled for a formal phone interview with a manager. Recruiters gave me every tool to be able to ace my interview. Capital One uses behavioral interviewing and the recruiters send me information on what it was and how to do it properly. They also suggested that you research the company and know some things. I then had my formal phone interview. The manager called me promptly at the scheduled time. He encouraged me to take my time. It felt like a conversation, but you still need to follow the behavioral interview model. I had examples on hand using the STAR format, and it made it a breeze. At the end, the manager did a mock phone call with me. It's good to ask for feedback after the call as well. He said I would hear from someone within a few days, but I heard back within two hours and I was offered the job. Next you receive a formal offer letter and pick a schedule before training begins.

Interview Question – Name a time where you overcame an obstacle in order to do your job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me several scheduling options to choose from. Then I began training that lasted around 7 weeks. Some days I had to go to Capital One, but most days I trained at home.

Work-at-home Customer Service Representative Interview

Work-at-home Customer Service Representative
Glen Allen, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – The interview process was great. The initial interview/phone screen was basic because they are trying to determine your ability to speak clearly and professionally over the phone. These positions are answering high-level customer service calls.
If you pass the screening, you will be directed to online assessments and 'mock' phone calls. You will need to complete the 'mock' session in a quiet environment as you will need to concentrate on your responses.
If that is completed successfully, you'll receive a follow-up phone interview. That was a little more intense and consisted mostly of behavioral-based interview questions. There is role-play question at the end where you will need to demonstrate your ability to resolve a customer concern.

Interview Question – The role play was expected, but was still a little stressful.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The positions have a set salary/hourly rate.

Work At Home Customer Service Representative Interview

Work At Home Customer Service Representative
Glen Allen, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Capital One.

Interview Details – I applied online. I was immediately taken to an assessment questionnaire. I then had to do some virtual role playing with phone calls. It was a bit intense only because you are timed. I have call center and customer service experience and yet I found the calls challenging which was a good thing. I only saw after completing the assessment that I was in something called " Testing" phase. It was unclear to me what this meant. I sent a general email out stating that I submitted my application and wanted to know who would be contacting me. I received a email a couple of days later from a recruiter who said I would be contacted by another recruiter shortly. I was called on a Wednesday to set up a phone Interview. The phone interview was really good for me. I like to talk and that's what I did. It was a very friendly recruiter but she knew her job. She made me very comfortable. The call lasted about 45 mins (If that) . I was informed that I would be moving to the next phase for the Face-to-Face interview the very next day. I arrived about 20 mins early. (They want you there about 15 mins earlier than appointment) My interview went very well in the beginning. It was a two way conversation. I was asked to talk about myself and then we went into the my formal part of the interview. More so past experiences. For example, " What did you do", How did you handle a situation with an irrate customer and what were the results based on your actions". Overall it was a great experience. My interview was on a Friday. I was told I would be contacted in about three days. I am still waiting to hear something. I am hopeful that I would get the offer.

Interview Question – There was a role play involved. I was nervous and this part was unexpected, It threw me through a loop a bit but I think I bounced back from it.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital One

Worked for Capital One? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capital One Work At Home Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capital One employees and interview candidates.