Capital World Financial Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

2.6

Financial Planner Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capital World Financial.

phone
    basic interview
    secondary interview
    training
    exams with government

Junior Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital World Financial.

2 rounds of 30 mins interviews.

Mostly behavioural questions, examples are: "where do you see yourself in 5, 10 years?" "what quality should a good financial advisor / manager have?" "why should we hire you?" "are you comfortable taking exams"

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were fairly expected and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Personally I don't like sales job, though the interviewer kept saying it's more like a consulting job, providing a solution for the customers. In fact, CWF handles products from many banks and insurance firms, so they are not selling their own product I assume.

However, I still didn't like the pay structure where they do not have a stable base pay, and it's most commissions which means you have to be really good at that job or no compensation.

Junior Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capital World Financial in October 2012.

I was interviewed by a nice guy, he just asked several behavioral questions; Such as strength, education, and a job that provides challenges....I was offered a second interview but was not offered a third. However they were nice enough to keep my resume in their job bank if future more suitable positions arises.

Interview Questions
    • How would I answer a question I do not know how to answer?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capital World Financial.

Got a call from them and called me for the interview the next day. They basically promoted their own company. Interview was about 15 mins. The office was empty. The guy told me that this job is mostly networking for clients.

Interview Questions

Didnt seem like a good company to work for

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capital World Financial in May 2012.

First interview - This one was with the hiring manager. The manager asked for an overview of my work experience, the structure of the organization I last worked for, the types of things I did and my target career.

1:1 interview - I had a total of 2 1:1 interviews with managers from the organization. Here are sample questions/ items asked of me:
    - what is my ideal job
    - challenges I faced
    - the most significant contribution I made
    - the tools I used
    - how I worked with my colleagues and teammates
    - my approach/ thought process when planning and executing a project

Interview Questions

By the time they called me I had already accepted another offer. I was waiting and also preferred to work for them but they didn't get back to me until 3.5 weeks later. I regret not waiting for them to call me.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Capital World Financial in June 2012.

Consists of past experience questions, some behavioural and very few technical questions since it was only for a Junior position. There were 3 interview stages. Each one lasted 30-60 mins. They were ultimately only going to consider candidates with an insurance or investment licence or at least in the process of obtaining one. After the second interview called me and told me another candidate was chosen and gave me a brief feedback on my performance which was a nice touch. At least they told me the results so I didn't have to wait.

Interview Questions
    • What is it that you want from this job and why would you be a good candidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capital World Financial in May 2012.

Two rounds, both open with "congratulations we received over 150 resumes, and you were 1 of 15 or 30 chosen". This company brokers insurance, they offer little to no base pay, and will sign you for 9 - 12 month then "re-evaluate your contract". Almost entirely commission.

The office is in an industrial part of town and looks run down. The office rooms are a mix between university study rooms and real offices. The real offices are either empty or have very few things in them.

During both interviews I felt like someone was trying to sell me something. They were, no one really wants this job. If you have another offer from a real bank, take it. Even if you start lower, you will not need to advertise the company and sell the product. At a real bank, you will just have to sell the product.

Started to feel like they only wanted me for my family and friends connections when they asked me in the second round interview "do you feel comfortable selling to your friends and family" (blunt yes). They follow by stating that they ask that to know that your friends and family trust you, therefore their clients can trust you.

If you work for this company, you will work very very hard so that your boss can make a profit off of you. If you do not perform, and use all your "friends and family " connections, they will dispose of you. I do not recommend this company. Everyone gets a second interview and an offer unless you perform very poorly.

Interview Questions

I do not recommend this company. I got the feeling of stereotypical dirty insurance salesman who will lie and cheat you until you buy, then disappear.

I declined because they would not let me take the contract home to read over and because they asked me to sell to my family. Also, there is negative mention of Capital World Financial on other site too.

Also, got another offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capital World Financial

Worked for Capital World Financial? Contribute to the Community!