CapitalSource

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Chevy Chase, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CapitalSource in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very informal. I was late by 30 minutes, but they seemed fine with it, and I was mainly given more information about the position and asked whether it seemed like something that suits my interests. It seemed to me that they were already committed to hiring me, and only did a brief interview as a formality to complete the process

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, given a contract for intern

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CapitalSource.

Interview Details – Fairly straight forward; first a phone interview with the recruiter, second on-site with HR, third (separate day) interview with senior management.

Interview Question – Nothing truly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at CapitalSource

Interview Details – Typical hiring process, submitted resume got a call back within a week. Went in for an interview, was asked questions about my résumé.

Interview Question – What is your best customer service attribute?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CapitalSource.

Interview Details – Interview process started with a short 20 minute phone call. The in person interview lasted close to 3.5 hours and was with 4+ employees. I had an interview with two managers and two employees. It took over two weeks to hear back that I got hired.

Interview Question – Why did I chose my major in college.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Chevy Chase, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CapitalSource in June 2009.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from an HR director who asked about my previous experience and salary requirement. I interviewed with three people. You should convey your knowledge of the company, the specific industry your job will be in, and ask relevant questions. Try to convince the interviewer that you will be a good fit in the company. The work culture is very laid back. There is no micro-managing. The downside is that you are essentially working for several people throughout the day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because jobs were hard to come by.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CapitalSource? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CapitalSource interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by CapitalSource employees and interview candidates.