Capitol Office Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capitol Office Solutions

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capitol Office Solutions.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter, then HR, then the VP. In person interview with sales manager and after you do a ride along for half a day. If they like you then you return to meet with the President.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate quota because it is very unreasonable when you first start.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capitol Office Solutions.

Interview

I really appreciated the detailed and thorough interview experience. The process took some time, but it was for good reason. This gave me a great chance to see if I was a good fit for the company and luckily for me I got an offer! I am looking forward to having a great career at COS!!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where the team fell apart. What was your role in the outcome?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Capitol Office Solutions.

Interview

Process took about 5 weeks in total. Initial contact by recruiter, phone interview with one office manager, another phone interview with different office manager, face-to-face interview with the second office manager followed by full day shadowing a current employee, interview with VP, final interview with President. Was a lot to do and at times was confusing. Throughout the process was told different salaries and even positions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered a better position than I was originally being interviewed for.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Capitol Office Solutions in November 2014.

Interview

call from recruiter then face to face meeting with manager, ride along then face to face meeting with VP the next interview was supposed to be with the pres but never happened. was told they decided to move on 1 week before start date.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Columbia, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

Standard. Meet with recruiter. Meet with manager. The first interview is a phone interview. The second interview is in the office. They usually decide pretty quickly if they are going to hire you. That's about it. Blah Blah Blah

Negotiation

They gave me the offer and I accepted.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capitol Office Solutions.

Interview

First Interview was one on one.... I arrived at 1145am for an 12pm. Was told even though my interview was at 12 that the person I was going to interview with was told 1230pm. She didnt come get me until 1230pm. Panel interview was next 2 days later. Meet with 4 different people. Gave a powerpoint about myself. Answer questions from the panel.

Outside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Vienna, VA).

Interview

Interview process will consist of an initial face to face interview with the sales manager and maybe the VP of sales. Relatively easy, just talk about your sales experience and show passion to sell. Second step is a ride along -- you drive around with an Outside Acct Exec and see the daily routine -- this is a step for both the employer and candidate to see if the job is a fit. Last step is a panel interview where they ask you to present the strengths of COS, what appeals to you about COS, and how you can bring value to the organization

Interview Questions

• Did not ask a single question about technology or my understanding of IT/Hardware.   Answer Question

Mae Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capitol Office Solutions in September 2012.

Interview

I had three interviews where I had to give a presentation, meet with others, and do a ride along. This was very tedious and I did it, but I could have done without it. When it was all said and done, I really feel as though since I had previous successful selling in the industry that it was not necessary, however this was a shadow of things to come.

Outside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Columbia, MD) in December 2010.

Interview

A 20-30 minute phone screening to determine if you would be a good fit and also explain the position in detail. If that goes well you will be brought in to speak with the sales manager. If that goes well you will have a field ride to get a feel of the day to day life as an employee. Once the current employee reports back to HR and the sales manager they may bring you in for a panel interview with 5 C- level execs for a panel interview. That interview is a 15-30 presentation telling them why you are the best person for the position then they ask questions from the presentation and your resume lasting about an hour in total. A decision is made after the meeting and they call about 1 day later if the background check is clear.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is some room to wiggle the numbers.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Columbia, MD) in April 2010.

Interview

they were not consistent with me, at one point saying they were going to make and offer and then saying a day or so later that no terrifory was available. HR person turned very indifferent - something was suddenly up ... left me with a negative perception of this company (obviously)