Capitol Office Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions.

Interview

Phone call from recruiter, then HR, then the VP. In person interview with sales manager and after you do a ride along for half a day. If they like you then you return to meet with the President.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate quota because it is very unreasonable when you first start.

Managed Print Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter, in-person interview with a sales manager in the DC office, and then a "field ride" which is basically shadowing someone in the office and on sales calls. Basic interview questions but once you move on they ask you more sales specific questions.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions.

Interview

I really appreciated the detailed and thorough interview experience. The process took some time, but it was for good reason. This gave me a great chance to see if I was a good fit for the company and luckily for me I got an offer! I am looking forward to having a great career at COS!!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where the team fell apart. What was your role in the outcome?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions.

Interview

Process took about 5 weeks in total. Initial contact by recruiter, phone interview with one office manager, another phone interview with different office manager, face-to-face interview with the second office manager followed by full day shadowing a current employee, interview with VP, final interview with President. Was a lot to do and at times was confusing. Throughout the process was told different salaries and even positions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered a better position than I was originally being interviewed for.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions in November 2014.

Interview

call from recruiter then face to face meeting with manager, ride along then face to face meeting with VP the next interview was supposed to be with the pres but never happened. was told they decided to move on 1 week before start date.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

ask lots of questions, take notes, ask more questions, take more notes, ask how they became successful or what it takes to become successful, ask about commission, ask about salary, ask about environment, ask about transportation reimbursement

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

MPS Print Specialist Major Accounts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Fairfax, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met face to face with the hiring manager and had a pleasant conversation. He then sent me out in the field for a day to shadow with another rep. I didn't mind, since it helped me avoid surprises. It also helped me gain confidence since I went out with one of their most successful reps and could clearly see that I had far more sales skills and experience than this person.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't recall the specific questions since this was a couple years ago, but I do remember him wanting me to share information about my prospecting strategies and what I know about COS.   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Columbia, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

Standard. Meet with recruiter. Meet with manager. The first interview is a phone interview. The second interview is in the office. They usually decide pretty quickly if they are going to hire you. That's about it. Blah Blah Blah

Negotiation

They gave me the offer and I accepted.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions.

Interview

First Interview was one on one.... I arrived at 1145am for an 12pm. Was told even though my interview was at 12 that the person I was going to interview with was told 1230pm. She didnt come get me until 1230pm. Panel interview was next 2 days later. Meet with 4 different people. Gave a powerpoint about myself. Answer questions from the panel.

Outside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions (Vienna, VA).

Interview

Interview process will consist of an initial face to face interview with the sales manager and maybe the VP of sales. Relatively easy, just talk about your sales experience and show passion to sell. Second step is a ride along -- you drive around with an Outside Acct Exec and see the daily routine -- this is a step for both the employer and candidate to see if the job is a fit. Last step is a panel interview where they ask you to present the strengths of COS, what appeals to you about COS, and how you can bring value to the organization

Interview Questions

• Did not ask a single question about technology or my understanding of IT/Hardware.   Answer Question