Capitol Office Solutions

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

MAE Interview

MAE

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had three interviews where I had to give a presentation, meet with others, and do a ride along. This was very tedious and I did it, but I could have done without it. When it was all said and done, I really feel as though since I had previous successful selling in the industry that it was not necessary, however this was a shadow of things to come.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions.

Interview Details – First Interview was one on one.... I arrived at 1145am for an 12pm. Was told even though my interview was at 12 that the person I was going to interview with was told 1230pm. She didnt come get me until 1230pm. Panel interview was next 2 days later. Meet with 4 different people. Gave a powerpoint about myself. Answer questions from the panel.

Interview Question – Very basic questions all around   Answer Question

Outside Account Executive Interview

Outside Account Executive
Vienna, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions.

Interview Details – Interview process will consist of an initial face to face interview with the sales manager and maybe the VP of sales. Relatively easy, just talk about your sales experience and show passion to sell. Second step is a ride along -- you drive around with an Outside Acct Exec and see the daily routine -- this is a step for both the employer and candidate to see if the job is a fit. Last step is a panel interview where they ask you to present the strengths of COS, what appeals to you about COS, and how you can bring value to the organization

Interview Question – Did not ask a single question about technology or my understanding of IT/Hardware.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Outside Account Executive Interview

Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions in December 2010.

Interview Details – A 20-30 minute phone screening to determine if you would be a good fit and also explain the position in detail. If that goes well you will be brought in to speak with the sales manager. If that goes well you will have a field ride to get a feel of the day to day life as an employee. Once the current employee reports back to HR and the sales manager they may bring you in for a panel interview with 5 C- level execs for a panel interview. That interview is a 15-30 presentation telling them why you are the best person for the position then they ask questions from the presentation and your resume lasting about an hour in total. A decision is made after the meeting and they call about 1 day later if the background check is clear.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is some room to wiggle the numbers.

Account Manager Interview

Columbia, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capitol Office Solutions in April 2010.

Interview Details – they were not consistent with me, at one point saying they were going to make and offer and then saying a day or so later that no terrifory was available. HR person turned very indifferent - something was suddenly up ... left me with a negative perception of this company (obviously)

Interview Question – n/a - standard stuff   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Capitol Office Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capitol Office Solutions interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capitol Office Solutions employees and interview candidates.