Capstone Consultants Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

1.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capstone Consultants (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Please read this before going to your interview or applying for that matter, it will save you time to seek better opportunities and trust me, there are better opportunities for employment in today's work force. First off no matter what position you apply for the end result is the same, YOU WILL be doing door to door sales in a pyramid structured "organization." It is 100% commissioned, no base pay, no mileage reimbursement, no guarantees for guaranteed work, ALL Commissioned which is ludicrous. So let me begin with the interview process. First there is a phone screen where you talk to the HR Director. Next you are scheduled to come in for an "interview" which is just a waste of time as it is really a meet and greet with one of the Assistant Managers asking a quick round of general questions to field your interest for the next "interview" which is a job shadow. Ladies and gentlemen this the part where I talk about the job shadowing so please get your popcorn ready because this is about to get good. So for the job shadow you are told to block off a time frame from 1pm-8pm to "see what its like as an account manager." When I get to the office I'm introduced to a gentleman who I'm shadowing. He takes me in his car to go where he is going to work. On the car ride over he asks questions related to this questionnaire you fill out once you get back to the office. He literally drives to some neighborhood, parks his car and shows me his line of work; knocking on people's doors in attempt to sell them a service...in 100 degree heat weather. If you still wish to pursue the interview at this step, please request to take your own vehicle and follow. Had I done so, I would have left to go home after the first 15 minutes. He knocks on doors and introduces you as his trainee until 3 for lunch where he goes over the specifics of the job including pay structure and "the 4 faces" you put on in this pyramid. I'd like to note that during lunch I've NEVER been on a lunch interview where I paid for my own meal; this is an obvious warning especially for someone boasting of "an opportunity with uncapped potential." After lunch we go back out to knock on some more doors. As it seemed I was going along with the process I was extremely irate beneath the service. I could not figure out a way to request to be taken back to my car without yelling if given the slightest bit of resistance so in order to keep my cool, I just summed this up as a valuable life experience to guide others to stay away from. To make matters worse, it ended up raining and guess what? We still went on to knock onto peoples' homes! Out of 90 knocks (approximately 30 or so houses, 3 times each) he was able to get one sale to which he made seem like a big sum of money in 7 hours where I made the same in at least 3 hours with my former company in a non commissioned role. Upon returning I fill out the questionnaire and interview with the guy at the top of this pyramid. One thing that really irked me was the fact that he said "This is an MBA that pays you." If you honestly believe that, I'm honestly speechless at the sheer audacity of that statement. Folks, unless you like like going door to door I really cannot stress how you should avoid this at all measures. No one with a degree dare bother and those without, I guarantee you can find better options out there. Always look for the warning signs. Guaranteed work deserves a guarantee in pay. This is not a lucrative job, this "company" is a farce. To go further, avoid anything that has key words like "entry-level" and "uncapped earning potential." Ladies and gentlemen, be sure to use Glassdoor before an interview is it may be extremely useful in your job search.

Interview Questions

• Why does everyone start from the bottom up?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between indirect and direct marketing?   1 Answer

Management Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capstone Consultants (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

I came in for my first interview. They called me later that day and told me I had made it to the second interview. They second interview they said I would spend a day with them to see if I liked it and they liked me. They wouldn't tell me exactly what it was I was going to be doing. I assumed I would be working in the office. NO! They had me go door to door selling AT&T U-Verse! It was over 100 degrees outside! Not joking! This was in July 2015. Do not go there! Then they would not let my boy friend come pick me up. So weird! I wore long pants and almost wore a long sleeved shirt and heels! Thank God I did not!

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Capstone Consultants.

Interview

The interview was short, fifteen minutes in length. There were many applicants sitting in the waiting area for interviews. The person I spoke with was very nice and attentive to my answers.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was extremely disappointed. The initial phone call I received in response to my resume was very misleading. I was told that I was interviewing for a management position but when I arrived I was informed that I had to start out doing door to door sales and work my way up to management.

Was not what I expected.

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Capstone Consultants.

Interview

The interview process was very informative. You will know all your rolls of the position which ultimately makes it easier to make a decision! I shadowed a great employee in the account manager position on a second round interview and am very pleased with the outcome. Very upfront about the position as well as all the great benefits.

Interview Questions

• What I was looking for out of my new career/job   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Capstone Consultants (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I applied from my university's website. I then submitted my resume and cover letter on their website. The recruiter then reached out to me via LinkedIn. We set up a phone interview and went from there.

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capstone Consultants (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call from the HR manager after my resume was pulled from an online site that I had listed it on. Accepted the first round interview for the next morning. Comes off as a recruiting company at first but was reassured that the company is growing with the new campaign and can hire multiple candidates as they are quickly moving people into new positions. They do a full day 2nd round interview after being accepted for the first. On the 2nd round interview I went out into the field with an account rep that had been at the company for a while in their training program. We did direct sales and met with potential customers around the Charlotte area. I really liked that they were upfront about the position and we actually got to see a day in the life before being offered a full time position.

Interview Questions

• Personality type questions to get to know me better. More fun for the full day interview.   Answer Question

Entry Level Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Capstone Consultants (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I applied through their website, the HR Manager contacted a few days later. She reviewed my resume and ask me qualifying questions. She set up a first round for me the next day. When I arrived at the office the atmosphere was very fun everyone is young that works there and they had a nice location in the dilworth community. My interview was brief and the girl that interviewed me was professional but still fun and ask good questions geared toward my long term goals and personality. I was called back that evening for a second round interview which was a full day. I went out with this dude who played college football, he showed me the entry level side of things and shared his testimony about how he has hit promotions with the company already. At lunch we sat down and he went over all the advancement structures.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream job? What leadership roles have you played? What do you want out of a career? What do you like to do for fun? How well do you handle pressure?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My start date because I am graduating in December. I start January 3rd.

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capstone Consultants.

Interview

I didn't even apply for the position. I put my resume on job sites and they contacted me for an interview. I was told bring resume and dress was business attire, so in my mind I am thinking this will be a professional business. I was wrong! When I arrived for the interview, it was located in a run down looking building shared with a work out room and some other business. When I walked in there were lots of other people there trying to land the same position which of course is a nerve factor to make you think there's alot of competition so you want to blow them out of the water. When I was called back for the interview, I was asked the most random non-interview related questions that lasted all of 10 minutes. It was so easy, my 7 year old could have passed the interview. At the end, he told me I would be contacted later that day for a 2nd interview, which I was. They told me it was an 8 hour shadow interview, which sounded to me like a free day of work, Not Good! When I came for the 2nd "interview" I was told I would be going out with another employee scouting? So me and another new hire rode with the employee all the way from downtown Charlotte to south gastonia and I lived in Concord! We had to do door to door sales trying to get people to buy AT& , but get this, the employee we were shadowing already canvassed that neighborhood, so talk about embarrassing when people was telling me a guy just came the day before asking if they wanted AT&T. Then about half way through we went to get food in which I had no money with me the employee refused to just get a burger from the dollar menu in which I promised to pay him back when we got back to the office. Then after we ate he actually told me and the other hire that the company is a scam, 100% commission, no gas percentage, no benefits, NOTHING! Oh and the part that really truly scared me was this guy asked me and the other new hire if we smoked weed! We both kind of laughed it off and said no then he continues to tell us of his criminal history that was recent! So then I realized they will hire anybody! I was completely uncomfortable by that time all I could think about was getting back to the office and speeding away from there like a bat out of hell! I would tell anyone whohas an interview with them or whatever to NOT accept even the first interview. If you are good at sales and don't mind 100% commission I would say find a better more professional company to go with. Not this one!

Interview Questions

• What 3 books describe you? What do you do for fun after work? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Etc.   Answer Question

Obvious reasons. Had the worst experience above any other place

Management Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Capstone Consultants (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

The first round was quick and to the point. The second round was a lot more informative. This is a great place for me to update my resume and skill base. I only have customer service experience and want to get into a business career. I graduated college with no real experience and can get it here.

Interview Questions

• Forward thinking questions about my future and becoming an entrepreneur   Answer Question