Capstone Consultants

Updated Nov 27, 2014
Updated Nov 27, 2014

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Capstone Consultants.

I applied through their website, the HR Manager contacted a few days later. She reviewed my resume and ask me qualifying questions. She set up a first round for me the next day. When I arrived at the office the atmosphere was very fun everyone is young that works there and they had a nice location in the dilworth community. My interview was brief and the girl that interviewed me was professional but still fun and ask good questions geared toward my long term goals and personality. I was called back that evening for a second round interview which was a full day. I went out with this dude who played college football, he showed me the entry level side of things and shared his testimony about how he has hit promotions with the company already. At lunch we sat down and he went over all the advancement structures.

Interview Questions
    • What is your dream job? What leadership roles have you played? What do you want out of a career? What do you like to do for fun? How well do you handle pressure?   Answer Question
    My start date because I am graduating in December. I start January 3rd.

Account Management Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capstone Consultants.

I didn't even apply for the position. I put my resume on job sites and they contacted me for an interview. I was told bring resume and dress was business attire, so in my mind I am thinking this will be a professional business. I was wrong! When I arrived for the interview, it was located in a run down looking building shared with a work out room and some other business. When I walked in there were lots of other people there trying to land the same position which of course is a nerve factor to make you think there's alot of competition so you want to blow them out of the water. When I was called back for the interview, I was asked the most random non-interview related questions that lasted all of 10 minutes. It was so easy, my 7 year old could have passed the interview. At the end, he told me I would be contacted later that day for a 2nd interview, which I was. They told me it was an 8 hour shadow interview, which sounded to me like a free day of work, Not Good! When I came for the 2nd "interview" I was told I would be going out with another employee scouting? So me and another new hire rode with the employee all the way from downtown Charlotte to south gastonia and I lived in Concord! We had to do door to door sales trying to get people to buy AT& , but get this, the employee we were shadowing already canvassed that neighborhood, so talk about embarrassing when people was telling me a guy just came the day before asking if they wanted AT&T. Then about half way through we went to get food in which I had no money with me the employee refused to just get a burger from the dollar menu in which I promised to pay him back when we got back to the office. Then after we ate he actually told me and the other hire that the company is a scam, 100% commission, no gas percentage, no benefits, NOTHING! Oh and the part that really truly scared me was this guy asked me and the other new hire if we smoked weed! We both kind of laughed it off and said no then he continues to tell us of his criminal history that was recent! So then I realized they will hire anybody! I was completely uncomfortable by that time all I could think about was getting back to the office and speeding away from there like a bat out of hell! I would tell anyone whohas an interview with them or whatever to NOT accept even the first interview. If you are good at sales and don't mind 100% commission I would say find a better more professional company to go with. Not this one!

Interview Questions
    • What 3 books describe you? What do you do for fun after work? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Etc.   Answer Question

Obvious reasons. Had the worst experience above any other place

Management Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Capstone Consultants in November 2014.

The first round was quick and to the point. The second round was a lot more informative. This is a great place for me to update my resume and skill base. I only have customer service experience and want to get into a business career. I graduated college with no real experience and can get it here.

Interview Questions
    • Forward thinking questions about my future and becoming an entrepreneur   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capstone Consultants in November 2014.

The human resource manager pulled my resume off of career builder and called me. She ask me a few questions on the phone about my leadership skills and leadership roles I had in the past. She then set up a interview for the next day for me. The first round interview was brief with the owner of the company his name was Brandon he ask me questions about my goals and dreams long term. He told me they are looking for managers to open up new offices. He was very friendly and personable. The second round interview was a full day with a account manager who showed me the entry level side of the campaign. The account manager was very professional and well trained in all aspects. I had a questionnaire at the end of it that was reflecting back through out my day with account manager.

Interview Questions
    • Up until now what do you think you biggest accomplishment has been?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The human resources maher contacted me she said she pulled my resume off of career builder. She was very informative and answered all my questions. I came in for a first round interview it was brief and to the point. The office had a fun atmosphere to it and the owner was very personable and professional. I was invited back for a second round interview it was a full day shadow with a cool girl who had big goals and knew what she was doing! I had so much fun throughout the day! I am excited to see what the opportunity brings me!

Interview Questions
    • The questions are all goal based and geared to getting to know your personality. The hardest one was what do I think has been my biggest accomplishment so far.   View Answer
    It is for people who want to move up with a company and stick to it long term.

Account Manager, Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capstone Consultants in October 2014.

Interview took place at their new office location on Baxter st
    I didn't apply but was contacted through their recruiting manager because I had listed my resume on career builder. The lobby was full of other interviewees but fun and upbeat. The first round interview was very quick, really just to get to know me, they explained they are hiring for the management training program and growing.
    I was offered a 2nd round interview the next day. It is set up as a full day job shadow. I was excited to see what I would actually do in the entry level position which is lead based sales. At lunch they explained the pay and promotion structure. I was impressed with the professionalism and expertise of the person I shadowed.
    Overall a great experience!

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with a million dollars? The Second round interview is full of fun questions!   Answer Question

Offered another position more within my major

Account Manager Interview

There was an application online and I applied. I got a call back in a decent amount of time telling me to come in for the interview. I was told to be dressed professionally. When I got there, the atmosphere was nice and the lady at the front desk had me fill out a form and told me to put my resume with it. She was very personable. There wasn't anyone specific to do my interview, just whoever was available. I was able to go back super early which was a plus. I finally was called back and as we sat down I noticed one thing that to me was unprofessional. The interviewer had badly chipped nail polish. When you are interviewing or are the interviewee, you should uphold a professional appearance at all times. All in all, the experience was a good one, the interviewer was very nice and laid back.

Account Manager/Customer Service Representative They're All the Same Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capstone Consultants in August 2014.

They lure you in by making you believe you are actually interviewing for the job you applied for. then you get there and realize it's actually door to door sales (AT & T) . I had my suspicions but when I showed up for my 2 pm interview, and about six other people showed up also for a 2 pm interview, I was sure. I cut the interview short after the guy avoided most of my questions. I guess apparently if you do great at door to door sales eventually you will be in an account manager position, which is what I applied for. I will work in a restaurant before going door to door.

Interview Questions

everyone gets an offer, it's whether or not you choose to take it.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Capstone Consultants in August 2012.

They bring u in for a 10 minute interview. They do 100 of these a week, and about 10% of people are brought back for a second round. It feels like a human resources factory in there. Once brought back for the 2nd day, you have to follow a rep out on the job. this is a 5 hour commitment, and it consists of walking around door to door for 2 hours. Taking a 30 minute break for lunch and for the manager to describe the "manager training" process, then going around again.

Then you have to follow them back to the office, take a brief survey and talk to the manager again for 10 minutes. If they like you, they'll call you the following week.

I was not interested in the position after the 2nd interview, and this is why they send u on it. The employee retention rate at a place like this is abysmal. Capstone Consulting has Pyramid Scheme all over it.

Pyramid Scheme

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capstone Consultants in August 2012.

Saw you on time. This is commission based ONLY!! Saw no one under 30, and no ethnic groups. Interviewer was consendending, and I mentioned you cannot teach manners. He said at the end" No hard feelings that I didn't hire you". Don't waste your time or gas on this.

Interview Questions
    • He didn't have any, poor interviewer skills   View Answer