Capstone Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.2

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capstone Financial.

Interview

My interview process began with a preliminary phone interview to gauge my interest and see if I might be a fit. This was followed by another phone interview (because I was out of state) with an FA. This interview was also mainly informational and slightly behavioral. I will interviewing, in Atlanta in the coming days. The process moves quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capstone Financial (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Was called by the internal recruiter after submitting my application online through my university. The call was very casual, we discussed my background and what I was looking for in a career and then she told me about the company and the qualities they're looking for in a candidate. She asked me behavioral type questions but was very easy to talk to. We set up an interview with a sales manager at the end of the call. I have met with the sales manager twice so far and think he's a pretty nice guy who has been pretty successful in the business. I am supposed to schedule a final interview with the general agent sometime in the next week or so. If offered a position, I plan to accept.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking to relocate to Atlanta? If not, none of the questions after this one matter. Their home office and new associate training are in Atlanta. If offered the position, I will be moving from out of state so this was a big question for me- but I am excited about the possibility of moving to Atlanta. The rest of of the questions centered around my background, interests, and goals. She also asked if I was comfortable with the idea of sales and working with people- I am not interested in a position where I am sitting behind a desk all day, so this interested me.   Answer Question

Financial Services Trainee Interview

Interview

interview with manager director, get a insider view of what they do what they want. Interview have basic behavior questions. Tell us who you are? Why did you apply for this job? What you will see yourself in 5 years? Will receive a test after interview to test your sales potential and retention rate.

Interview Questions

• What you strategy to approach a client that you didn't know before   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capstone Financial (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I went met with a Sales Manager a few times before I finally decided the job wasn't for me. I didn't feel comfortable working a commission-only job. Although they had a base salary option as well, the salary was sorely lacking so nobody chooses this option. Basically the job consists of calling everybody you know and speak to them about their financial plans and you have to sell to them.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable selling to your friends and family?   Answer Question

Didn't want to work a commission-only job. Also I didn't want to be a salesperson.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capstone Financial (Atlanta, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

I went in for my initial interview and I didn't hear much about the actual job. They focused more on my personality, my background, and how well I would fit into the culture and the position. I appreciated the interviewer getting to know more about me and how I am, but I never really learned what I would be doing. I was initially called, they found my resume and contacted me. Then I went for a 1 on 1 interview with typical questions about myself and what I have done, what I hope to accomplish, and some random questions that I didn't expect. After that, I was sent to a computer to take a personality/aptitude test in the office and also scheduled the next interview as he said he knew I would have no problem with the test. At the next interview I refreshed his memory on some details about me, and we talked about my test results and how well suited he thought I was for the position. He then scheduled our next meeting for a week and a half later and gave me some surveys, explaining that the position was 100% commission and all clients were referral based.

Interview Questions

• What did your parents do? Did you have a structured background or are you able to adapt as you go?   Answer Question

I was offered another position and decided that I did not want to be 100% commission, and having to hope that I can find my own clients.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capstone Financial (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was invited in for an interview with Capstone Financial Partners. The first interview was 1 on 1 for 30 minutes and also consisted of a personality test on the computer afterwards. The sales manager was very amiable and seemed interested in whether or not I would be a good fit for the job. The first interview did not contain much information about the job; it was more about myself and if I would be a good fit for the company. After consideration of my career goals, I decided not to return for a second interview because I am looking for something outside of a primarily sales position paid by commission.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had in sales or customer service that would aid in your ability to excel in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capstone Financial (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

The manager seemed more concerned with selling the job to me. He asked me a couple preliminary questions but ended up talking for an hour about how great the program was. It was actually pretty motivational until he wrapped up the interview with "And that's why it's commissioned based." I guess he saw a look of surprise/disgust flash across my face because he continued to talk for another half hour about how commission based work was better. I stopped listening at that point and walked out with no intention of ever going back.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a rubberband to exercise its full potential?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capstone Financial in December 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruitment officer from the company in late December, early January. The initial communication was a phone interview, which lasted for about 30 minutes. After this, there were about 4 on site interviews with the Managers at the company. Good initial perceptions of the people, and especially the office location. But, the interview process hides alot of glaring red-flags about the company

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Capstone Financial Partners?   Answer Question
    • Why would you be successful as a Financial Services Representative?   Answer Question