Capstrat

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

3.8

Associate Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capstrat.

I had a very good experience with the company. They contacted less than a week after receiving my resume. Were very courteous and prompt in setting up interview time. After an initial phone interview to gauge my interest, they invited me to interview with several different people who I would have worked with.

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capstrat.

There was an initial phone screen and then a call with the hiring manager. After that there was a round in-person interviews lasting 2.5 hours. Then there was a writing test and a personality test. The final round was another interview with hiring manager and senior management.

Account Coordinator Interview

I have applied to several different opportunities with Capstrat. Upon submitting my application I logged back into the system to check the status- as they have internal application tracking. One of the positions I applied to said "interviewed- not selected". I did not, however receive a phone screen or call inviting me to interview for positions that I knew I was qualified for. This has happened three times. I have concluded that Capstrat is probably not the best company to work for if they can't be honest and upfront about an application submission. At least give qualified applicants a try and then make educated decisions based off their responses to screening or interview questions. Simply eliminating someone based off your own prejudices.

Interview Questions
    • I never received a phone call after submitting my resume, despite the website stating that i was "interviewed- not selected".   Answer Question

Media Planner/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capstrat in April 2013.

I was contacted by a person in HR after applying to the job online within a few days. I had a very open phone interview about what my current job and responsibilities are. I was then asked for a second phone interview, this time with someone in the actual department for the job I was applying to (and who I found out later would be the direct supervisor). She asked more specific questions regarding my job, responsibilities and familiarity with new technology. Within a week of the second call I was asked to come to Raleigh to meet several members of their team. The company covered all travel and hotel expenses and gave me an itinerary to follow.
    Over the course of 5 hours at Capstrat I met with 11 people; 3 from Executive Management, 3 from Leadership Team and 5 from Professional Staff.
    I think the only downside was that I was ushered from one person to the next (barely had 1 stop for a bathroom break) and never got a solid understanding of what each of them did or where they fit in the scheme of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current company?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capstrat in May 2010.

Received a call from the HR person and was asked standard questions. Then was brought in to meet a bunch of people. Was told they would be in touch but didn't hear anything for about a week, called and found out that they had extended an offer to someone else. Bet they wouldn't have let me know if I hadn't called.

Web Developer Interview

The process was pretty relaxed and straightforward. I sat down in the cafe area and talked with the most senior person in the role I was interviewing for. After that, I talked a bit with the VP I'd report to. Both were really straightforward and open... great interviewees! I also spoke with someone from HR who was able to answer any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a mistake you've made, something that was actually your fault.   Answer Question

CRM Strategist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Capstrat.

I interviewed with the President, the CEO, the hiring manager, two colleagues, and an account planner and a VP and Creative Director. The interviews wen smoothly, with the majority of discussion being about cultural fit. I loved the culture of the company and the attitude of the employees from the top down.

Interview Questions
    • If you were at a client pitch, how would you explain and sell what you do to the client?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the salary but I would recommend negotiating vacation. The 3 weeks base includes sick days lumped in so it's really more like 2 weeks.